Trophy Thoughts?

Patrickosan

All I know is: I've been waiting for this game all year and I'm ready to get all the trophies. It's gonna take multiple playthroughs, but the only thing that sticks out as a potentially difficult trophy is The Iron Saviour.

• Like 3

Loved the game when I played it on PC so I'll definitely get this. This trophy cracked me up:
Bad at Politics - Keep every promise made during a playthrough.

As for how hard it is, can't really say. I did a normal playthrough when it was released and they added a bunch of other stuff post-launch when I had stopped playing.

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

All I know is: I've been waiting for this game all year and I'm ready to get all the trophies. It's gonna take multiple playthroughs, but the only thing that sticks out as a potentially difficult trophy is The Iron Saviour.

This piqued my interest when I first saw the trailer a few weeks ago. It does look like there will be a few playthroughs required so will probably avoid a platinum attempt on this but definitely playing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, I've been playing this game for about 3 hours and have yet to see any trophy pop. I'm looking at the trophy descriptions and feel this game will have a very low plat rate. These kind of indie games don't usually get a trophy guide which will make a plat even harder.

@acasserNot sure if you can call this real time and definitely not turn based. It's like a city building simulation where you are fighting time and the cold. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, NaseemJohn said:

Can anyone that played on pc shed some light on just how long and difficult this will be to plat? Looks like there’s multiple challenging trophies. 

I know you asked this a while ago but no one answered.  I have about 10 or so hours on PC and from the looks of it I would say this plat is either an 8 or 9/10 difficulty.  Not sure about length because it depends how quickly you learn the game mechanics I would say in between 50-100 hours but if you are good at these types of games it could be less.  I will say tho the game is amazing and has a ton of depth, I don't think I would ever be able to get the platinum but I just got my PS4 copy in the mail and plan playing runs between other games.

The game is a lot of trial and error, if something goes wrong in a run it is easy to see and fix for the next attempt.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw a single copy of this in my local store and came here for some advice as I hadn't heard of it. It has great reviews on Steam so I decided to grab it. It looks tough, especially the "Ultramarathon Extreme" trophy. I've only skimmed the trophy list though as I want to discover most of it for myself. I'll come back and post once I've started it and let you know what it's like.

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2019 at 10:08 AM, Helyx said:

Eighteen months later...

Helyx never got all the trophies and hid Frostpunk in their list of played games

On 1/29/2020 at 1:44 AM, PeachyJacobs said:

I'll come back and post once I've started it and let you know what it's like.

Three months later...

PeachyJacobs never posted back and also appears to have hidden Frostpunk in their list, if they played it at all.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Frostpunk has very difficult trophies, and the type of player that cannot stand to see their Completion Percentage drop below 95% best stay far away.

35 minutes ago, talkingwires said:

Eighteen months later...

Helyx never got all the trophies and hid Frostpunk in their list of played games.

I played about 300 hours on Steam. I've purchased the PS4 version about a year ago but haven't played it yet. Also, I have no hidden trophies.

Don't punch above your weight, kid.

On 4/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, SefyZero said:

What version of the game this trophy set belongs to?

There are two versions of the game here in PSNprofiles:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9684-frostpunk  (this one) and https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10171-frostpunk

but neither of them is marked distinctively (like EU/NA/AS/JP/KR regions, or PH/OR/RR releases)

If you check out the leaderboards, you'll see that all the players of 10171-frostpunk version are from Japan. So, it stands to reason that this version (9684-frostpunk) is the worldwide release for every region excluding Japan. Kind of a strange that the Asia release was lumped in with NA and EU, but JP got their own...

On 4/16/2021 at 6:42 AM, talkingwires said:

Eighteen months later...

Helyx never got all the trophies and hid Frostpunk in their list of played games

Three months later...

PeachyJacobs never posted back and also appears to have hidden Frostpunk in their list, if they played it at all.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Frostpunk has very difficult trophies, and the type of player that cannot stand to see their Completion Percentage drop below 95% best stay far away.

I never started the game. I have been way too busy lately with work and uni and haven't had much time for gaming unfortunately.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Overall I think the trophy list is doable and not a 9/10 so far- more like a, 6 or 7 . The survivor mode is pretty hard and also depends on r&g. If you watch some strategie guides online you will need some attempts but it the end you gain experience and are totally capable of winnig the games :)

To be honest, the game is really time consuming and the replayability decreases in the end of the plat journey... Still a great game tho!

Edited by xLokii79

• 1 month later...

I found Frostpunk a pretty fun challenge, and not nearly as difficult as its current ~1.7% plat rarity implies.

"Refugees Survivor" threw me for a loop (I'd call it a 7/10), but once I'd gotten past that, it was smooth sailing....mostly.

It's kinda annoying that the Survivor trophies don't stack with the "Hard" mode trophies, though.

I think the Platinum IS as hard as some make it out to be... 8/10 i´d say.

Even with guides RNG may screw you. So even if you technically know what to do, you may fail.

Survivor difficulty is punishing and demands a perfect start. So does endurance Mode on Extreme.

The "saving grace" is, when you are a couple days (lets say 10 days) in and still alive, und can usually tackle through, since for the trophies you dont need a perfect game, but only "somehow" finish. 

I´d simply say a 4-5-6/10 game is medium difficulty. And Frostpunk is not medium, its above that.

This is a fun, but hard game that's for sure, And now they are adding DLC (hurray) 

i've only managed, on Custom game to win once - and that was with everything in my favor. 

all I can say is Streamlining for Automatons, and trying to stockpile food (at least in 1st scenario) seemed to be the "best" way for me to get to the end lol