Zodiac Riddles?

sunnydaleAlumni

Can anyone explain how this works? I've played thru the main game but can't find any info on how the Riddles work. At this point I"m assuming they are achievement based on the gold, silver or bronze points in main game? 

I contacted the developer and this is  the response that I got "They're more or less achievements... but very cryptical "  I have no clue what that means...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I’ve only managed to solve one riddle. I’m horrible when it comes to comprehending things such as riddles and poetry and that kinda stuff, can never figure them out for the life of me. The one riddle I managed to unknowingly solve was Virgo Side A, when looking at the description it says “Dealt a KO! with only one button push”, so that was defeating the boss of that level. But that description is completely obvious, so I’m guessing before I fulfilled the requirement of the riddle, it hinted at something enigmatic, but now that I solved it, it straight out tells me what was the solution. Dunno what it said beforehand. I beat the whole game, and I only managed to solve that one riddle. Seems the game wants you to experiment with the gameplay and try out unusual actions to solve the riddles. I’ve tried out levels based on what the riddles are hinting at, but I just can’t seem to figure out what I’m supposed to do. And can’t find other people online sharing how they’ve solved certain riddles as of yet. So each level has something you need to pull off to be able to solve a riddle. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruhkillmeez said:

I’ve only managed to solve one riddle. I’m horrible when it comes to comprehending things such as riddles and poetry and that kinda stuff, can never figure them out for the life of me. The one riddle I managed to unknowingly solve was Virgo Side A, when looking at the description it says “Dealt a KO! with only one button push”, so that was defeating the boss of that level. But that description is completely obvious, so I’m guessing before I fulfilled the requirement of the riddle, it hinted at something enigmatic, but now that I solved it, it straight out tells me what was the solution. Dunno what it said beforehand. I beat the whole game, and I only managed to solve that one riddle. Seems the game wants you to experiment with the gameplay and try out unusual actions to solve the riddles. I’ve tried out levels based on what the riddles are hinting at, but I just can’t seem to figure out what I’m supposed to do. And can’t find other people online sharing how they’ve solved certain riddles as of yet. So each level has something you need to pull off to be able to solve a riddle. 

"With the smallest of efforts I ride out" is the virgo riddle you solved.

Just started the game. Probably won't be able to solve these riddles either...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruhkillmeez said:

Thanks I saw that someone had solved one and got the trophy and was hoping you had figured it out. I'm not very good at figuring this type of thing out either. Don't mind admitting I'm pretty dumb when it comes to something like this. I guess we'll have to see as more play, who can figure out how the riddles are solved. I enjoyed the main game but am disappointed that the part of the game that is tied to the trophies is so frustrating.

33 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

So glad I'm not the only one. I've also talked with a few players on Twitter who have said the same after their first play thru.

Thank you both for responding!

1 minute ago, SamuraiXSlayr said:

I wonder if to open up some of them to be solved you need to gold anything first, I am interested to find out. I love that they are cryptic riddles though, and it will be cool to see us all work together to solve them or figure out how we solved them without realizing it haha

I was wondering the same about the gold and if that's the case it will be a long time before that happens for me lol For sure the only way I will figure it out is by accident. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

That vague description is what is given to you as the set description? I would’ve not figured it out with said info. Seems that Riddle is an easy one to get though, so it still doesn’t give me an idea on what’s the actual difficulty for getting all these Riddles solved. Maybe there are others who actually have no problem exposing these Riddles, but literally these mean nothing to me. Till I see people say how to go about doing them, best I can do is play, hope I randomly trigger what needs to be achieved to solve the Riddles, and in doing so, I can then see what is it that I did to pull off the Riddle challenge. That, or maybe the developers intended for us to be dumbfounded, and to gather other people and try to figure out the Riddles together. Funny how we can’t tell if the trophy difficulty is actually easy or hard or what, due to how vague the Riddles are. 

If if I see that I somehow managed to solve another Riddle, but no one has gotten said trophy to the regarding Riddle,  I’ll be sure to share details. Game is short, and most levels are quick and short, so hopefully it shouldn’t take long for people to uncover more things. Game is very replayable, at least. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ruhkillmeez said:

Funny how we can’t tell if the trophy difficulty is actually easy or hard or what, due to how vague the Riddles are. 

If if I see that I somehow managed to solve another Riddle, but no one has gotten said trophy to the regarding Riddle,  I’ll be sure to share details. Game is short, and most levels are short, so hopefully it shouldn’t take long for people to uncover more things. Game is very replayable, at least. 

I was thinking the same thing. Having puzzles to solve is one thing....but having riddles/puzzles so cryptic that we don't even know what they are is way too vague. I agree the game is replayable. Enjoyed what I played. Look forward to seeing what others can figure out. 

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni

5 hours ago, WumpaJuice said:

They're not too bad to figure out. They are usually quite specific about win conditions and the level they are talking about.

These are the ones I have figured out so far (spoilers):

Aries A - Achieve "No Rank" in Clair de Lune (Do terrible. Don't even get a Bronze rank in this level)

Aries B - Used Skip Cutscene in 10 different songs in a row

Taurus A - ??? (Maybe, find all the square collectables?)

Taurus B - Paused the game 12 times quickly

Gemini A - Used the "Skip Magician" 3 times in Hearts and Swords (Fail 3 times in a row to get asked if you wanna skip. Do that 3 times on that level)

Gemini B - ??? (Maybe, get the "Risk" popup 10 times and not die on a certain level?)

Cancer A - ??? (Maybe, get the "Risk" popup 20 times and not die on either Fighting Hearts or Begin Again?)

Cancer B - ???

Leo A - ??? (Probably something to do with getting Gold on Begin Again...but I've done that 3 times in a row and nothing happened so not sure)

Leo B - ??? (Something to do with the "Slide" popup in game. Specific level?)

Virgo A - Dealt a KO with only 1 button push (When you have to mash the button - don't. Wait until the game stops and waits for your input. Then push once)

Virgo B - ???

Libra A - ???

Libra B - Spin the zodiac wheel backwards 10 cycles (Just hold left on the riddle page until it pops)

Scorpius A - ??? (Maybe something to do with the level Night Drift?)

Scorpius B - ??? (Pretty damn sure this one means complete the level Inside, while only getting "Good" scores on the QTEs. Haven't done it to confirm yet)

Sagittarius A - ???

Sagittarius B - Got three "Spinny!" in Inside (Just get three Spinny popups by spinning in circles on the level "Inside")

Capricornus A - ???

Capricornus B - ??? (Pretty sure this one is for getting the majority of all the square coin collectibles on the Extras full playthrough level)

Aquarius A - Warp teleport 40 times in Heartbreak IV (Use the teleporters at the sides of the screen in this level 40 times. Just keep going back and forth)

Aquarius B - ???

Pisces A - ???

Pisces B - Got all square coin in one run on "Wild Hearts Never Die" (Self explanatory. Get all the square coin collectables in that level) 

I'll update as I find more!!

I did all the ones that you confirmed are the things you need to do to solve the Riddles, and I’ve got all of these trophies now. Tried out your guess about what might solve the riddle for Scorpius B, but that didn’t work. I also went for ‘Perfects’ only, while also not dying once, and that still didn’t get the Riddle solved. I’ll keep replaying that level and see if I can manage to solve the Riddle. Thanks for sharing your insight about these Riddles, already managed to solve some of them extremely quick thanks to you. 

Edit: I got Gold ranks on all levels, unlocked “Yolo Arcade” in the ‘Extras’. Solved no riddles while I was going for Gold ranks, nor did I get a riddle solved for completing all levels with Gold ranks. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, WumpaJuice said:

They're not too bad to figure out. They are usually quite specific about win conditions and the level they are talking about.

These are the ones I have figured out so far (spoilers):

Aries A - Achieve "No Rank" in Clair de Lune (Do terrible. Don't even get a Bronze rank in this level)

Aries B - Used Skip Cutscene in 10 different songs in a row

Taurus A - ??? (Maybe, find all the square collectables?)

Taurus B - Paused the game 12 times quickly

Gemini A - Used the "Skip Magician" 3 times in Hearts and Swords (Fail 3 times in a row to get asked if you wanna skip. Do that 3 times on that level)

Gemini B - ??? (Maybe, get the "Risk" popup 10 times and not die on a certain level?)

Cancer A - ??? (Maybe, get the "Risk" popup 20 times and not die on either Fighting Hearts or Begin Again?)

Cancer B - ???

Leo A - ??? (Probably something to do with getting Gold on Begin Again...but I've done that 3 times in a row and nothing happened so not sure)

Leo B - ??? (Something to do with the "Slide" popup in game. Specific level?)

Virgo A - Dealt a KO with only 1 button push (When you have to mash the button - don't. Wait until the game stops and waits for your input. Then push once)

Virgo B - ???

Libra A - ???

Libra B - Spin the zodiac wheel backwards 10 cycles (Just hold left on the riddle page until it pops)

Scorpius A - ??? (Maybe something to do with the level Night Drift?)

Scorpius B - ??? (Pretty damn sure this one means complete the level Inside, while only getting "Good" scores on the QTEs. Haven't done it to confirm yet)

Sagittarius A - ???

Sagittarius B - Got three "Spinny!" in Inside (Just get three Spinny popups by spinning in circles on the level "Inside")

Capricornus A - ???

Capricornus B - ??? (Pretty sure this one is for getting the majority of all the square coin collectibles on the Extras full playthrough level)

Aquarius A - Warp teleport 40 times in Heartbreak IV (Use the teleporters at the sides of the screen in this level 40 times. Just keep going back and forth)

Aquarius B - ???

Pisces A - ???

Pisces B - Got all square coin in one run on "Wild Hearts Never Die" (Self explanatory. Get all the square coin collectables in that level) 

I'll update as I find more!!

Figured out Pieces A, on the level "The World We Knew" on the section with the ships shooting two bullets at once, you have to squeeze in between 4 sets of them when they're pointed downwards.

Edit: Got a couple more, Libra A is do not collect any small hearts on "Parallel Universes", Gemini B is get ten "Risky!" in "Yolo Arcade", and can confirm that Capricornus B is collect more than half of the square coins in "Album Arcade". I also think Aquarius B could be complete "Yolo Arcade" once or with gold rank.

Edited by solidsnakz31
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, solidsnakz31 said:

Alright got all the riddles solved! These are the descriptions that pop up when you solve them.

Aries A: Achieved "No Rank!" in "Clair De Lune"
Aries B: Used skip cutscene in ten different songs in a row

Taurus A: Collected all the square coins
Taurus B: Paused the game twelve times quickly

Gemini A: Used the skip magician three times in "Hearts & Swords"
Gemini B: Got ten "Risky!" in "Yolo Arcade" 

Cancer A: Got twenty "Risky!" in "Doki Doki Rush" without failing
Cancer B: Passed through the left eye of the smiley shaped obstacle in "Reverie" four times

Leo A: Achieved gold rank in "Begin Again" three times in a row
Leo B: Got twenty-five "Slide!" in "Transonic Gravity"

Virgo A: Dealt a KO! with only one button push
Virgo B: Listened to the entire song on the title screen and then played "Hearts & Swords"

Libra A: Did not collect any small hearts in "Parallel Universes" 
Libra B: Spun the zodiac wheel backwards ten cycles

Scorpius A: Got no points in "Night Drift"
Scorpius B: Got only "Good!" on the prompts in "Fighting Hearts"

Sagittarius A: Achieved gold rank in "Inside" then silver rank in "Heartbreak V" and lastly bronze rank in "Heartbreak III"
Sagittarius B: Got three "Spinny!" in "Inside"

Capricornus A: Got "Perfect!" on every prompt in "Forest Ghost"
Capricornus B: Collected more than half of the square coins in "Album Arcade"

Aquarius A: Warp teleported forty times in "Heartbreak IV" 
Aquarius B: Achieved a rank in "Yolo Arcade"

Pisces A: Squeezed between two spaceship bullets four times in "The World We Knew" 

Pisces B: Got all square coins in one run of "Wild Hearts Never Die"

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see no riddle regarding beating Yolo Arcade”, damn. I was kinda hoping there’d be one. Just got a Golden trophy for solely just getting a rank throughout a YOLO Arcade session before reading, guess they thought that was hard enough as it is? Would’ve liked the challenge. I’ll still try to beat it, but I guess I’ll do that post-plat. Thanks for sharing, and congrats for being the first person to plat the game. I haven’t seen anyone discuss the Riddles elsewhere, so I wonder if we’re the only thread that has posted online the solutions to the riddles? You’re the only person to post all Riddle solutions as far as I’m aware. No one plat the EU last I checked, and haven’t seen maybe Switch owners discuss about the Riddles and their solutions. Thanks for sharing the solutions, and again, grats on earning the plat. I thought it would’ve taken a bit longer to have figured out all the riddles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruhkillmeez said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see no riddle regarding beating Yolo Arcade”, damn. I was kinda hoping there’d be one. Just got a Golden trophy for solely just getting a rank throughout a YOLO Arcade session before reading, guess they thought that was hard enough as it is? Would’ve liked the challenge. I’ll still try to beat it, but I guess I’ll do that post-plat. Thanks for sharing, and congrats for being the first person to plat the game. I haven’t seen anyone discuss the Riddles elsewhere, so I wonder if we’re the only thread that has posted online the solutions to the riddles? You’re the only person to post all Riddle solutions as far as I’m aware. No one plat the EU last I checked, and haven’t seen maybe Switch owners discuss about the Riddles and their solutions. Thanks for sharing the solutions, and again, grats on earning the plat. I thought it would’ve taken a bit longer to have figured out all the riddles. 

Thanks! I was able to find some of the solutions for the riddles I couldn't figure out wandering about the Sayonara Wild Hearts subreddit, so they have the solutions there as well. Part of me is glad they didn't require you to complete Yolo Arcade for the plat since that eyeball section in the last level is kinda tough to nail down perfectly, though I want to eventually try and go for the gold rank in Yolo Arcade since I love this game so much. It's easily one of the top games I played this year so far.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SamuraiXSlayr said:

Sorry but just to clarify, do you technically need to get all golds to get this plat? I thought someone wrote something that made me believe s/he got all golds in order to unlock Yolo Arcade? TIA for clarifying! You all are the best!

Yeah, you have to get gold ranks on all of the levels of the game except Album Arcade to unlock it.

14 hours ago, r4tb0- said:

i don't get it. can anybody explain this to me?

If you go into settings, there is an option for Skip Magician make sure it is turned on then play the level "Hearts & Swords" and crash asap until the skip magician pops up, use it to skip the section then repeat 2 more times before the end of the level

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turner2k7 said:

If you go into settings, there is an option for Skip Magician make sure it is turned on then play the level "Hearts & Swords" and crash asap until the skip magician pops up, use it to skip the section then repeat 2 more times before the end of the level

thanks.