Zodiac Riddles?

sunnydaleAlumni

As of yesterday I'm tapped out of stacks for this game which is kind of sad. After doing it the first time the game was nowhere near out of my system. I woke up craving more & promptly grabbed the US version which is very reasonably priced. Both times I unlocked Yolo Arcade before working on any trophies but the 2nd time around I wanted to see how long it would take to do in one sitting & ended up setting the good but ultimately sub-optimal time of four & a quarter hours.

I had planned for a shorter time but made several dumb mistakes in Yolo Arcade. No less then 4 runs ended on Forest Dub. Not Forest Ghosts but Dub. I think I had only ever died on that stage once before in regular play & it was quite embarrassing. I had to leave Yolo Arcade for a bit & unlocked random trophies in between to avoid becoming demoralised. I'm looking forward to seeing someone set a time more in the 2-3 hour range in the future. I think that can definitely be done.

Huge thanks to the solution posters it was a huge help/rep given/much appreciated!

What a beautiful game honestly. It makes me a bit sad to look at the low numbers when this is a very reasonable platinum that's enjoyable to earn for an excellent game that's also very affordable even without a sale.

Hardest thing for me both times was gold rank on Dead of Night. I had done every other stage gold rank with no issues but this one was always left till last. Something about the handling in this stage did my head in & this might be the one time using the d-pad exclusively made things harder. I did notice you can move slower by babying the analogue stick but I refuse to play that way.

Getting no points on night drift was a bit fiddly but the first 2 parts are no worries & the 2nd half is just a matter of working out when you can ride in the gutter/dirt & when to just let the car move naturally all the way over to the other side. Perfect & Good ranks trophies were no issue imo, the window of timing is very generous & you can do it just by looking at the outline & shape. I think having to gold rank Begin Again 3 times in a row is really sadistic. I really don't care for that song & the level takes forever with bugger all to collect & cut scenes that're all too frequent. In saying that, the day after doing that one I was singing that horrible shit to myself as it was stuck in my head for hours :( 

Best track & stage IMO was Inside. When the music peaks & the stage goes crazy with all those loops it made my hair stand on end just about every time. Parallel Universes has to come a close 2nd & maybe Night Drift for 3rd. I do wonder about those lyrics for Inside. My favourite part sounds like "when the right words never come, it all comes out silly dumb". Would be funny if those were actually the words. I wish there were official lyrics somewhere. A lot of the lyrics seem miserable AF which is cool. I'd love it if, in the future there was a physical version of this with the OST on vinyl & an exclusive trophy list but if these two digital stacks are where it all ends I'm just gonna be grateful I got to experience this twice. Both the game and the experience of unlocking the trophy set were exceptional!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 8:12 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I had planned for a shorter time but made several dumb mistakes in Yolo Arcade. No less then 4 runs ended on Forest Dub. Not Forest Ghosts but Dub. I think I had only ever died on that stage once before in regular play & it was quite embarrassing. I had to leave Yolo Arcade for a bit & unlocked random trophies in between to avoid becoming demoralised. I'm looking forward to seeing someone set a time more in the 2-3 hour range in the future. I think that can definitely be done.

Everything else in the game I haven't had too bad a time with, but ranking in Yolo Arcade is killing me.  I keep bombing out in either Forest Ghost or Dead of Night, almost always hitting a tree.  I did die once bouncing off a mushroom poorly in Forest Dub so I feel your pain there. I've done Begin Again so many times now I think I can do it with my eyes closed.  My best score so far was something like 249700 which actually made me quit for the night.  Fantastic game but just getting a little burned out on the Yolo mode.

EDIT: Of course, as usual, as soon as I rant about this online I knock it out after a few more tries. What a game!

Edited by jh7459
Nailed it
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jh7459 said:

Everything else in the game I haven't had too bad a time with, but ranking in Yolo Arcade is killing me.  I keep bombing out in either Forest Ghost or Dead of Night, almost always hitting a tree.  I did die once bouncing off a mushroom poorly in Forest Dub so I feel your pain there. I've done Begin Again so many times now I think I can do it with my eyes closed.  My best score so far was something like 249700 which actually made me quit for the night.  Fantastic game but just getting a little burned out on the Yolo mode.

EDIT: Of course, as usual, as soon as I rant about this online I knock it out after a few more tries. What a game!

Oh yeah I saw many attempts lost on those stages as well but still, only fond reflections here. Nice to hear I'm not the only one who was set back by one of those mushrooms haha. Definitely had a few of those runs where the score was so close as well, annoying yet encouraging.

Well done on the platinum btw! It's great to see people enjoying this game, it's one of the highlights of the year imo.