Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

1 hour ago, MrBeens said:

Fucking disgusting.  Literally zero in this trophy list that has anything to fucking do with Contra. Ranked matches? Coins? Wtf? How could they fuck up Contra any more?

Easy...there's barely any music resembling old contra themes. Its also twin stick, but doesn't even use proper twin stick controls (Left Stick to Move, Right Stick to aim, which should be shoot and aim. Which that is relegated to a button.), also...weapons overheat...in a Contra game which never had that in the first place and usually have unlimited ammo too.

Otherwise its similar to that of the old PS1 Contra games in a sense how bad it was.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 7:49 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

looks ok-ish, until the stupid online trophies.... developers really need to stop doing online trophies for games that's not an MMO, sure it's Contra but I bet the online mode will be dead after 3 months and only to be populated for a short time when the news of shutting it down surfing the web.

talking about Contra, a Contra game where your weapons get overheated is one of the best jokes I ever hear in this gen. 

I agree and having your weapons overheat in a contra game is so stupid. It’ll be $10 by next summer if not sooner. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrBeens said:

No.  No it's not.  Not even in the slightest.  They just took whatever game they had and arbitrarily slapped the name Contra on it to try and boost sales.  Abomination.

I'm feeling this as well. If what is posted here is correct (RS is aim, rather than aim+shoot), I'm passing based on that alone. I mean, God - that will make firing your gun a quick path to arthritis. 

And having weapons overheat? What a bunch of bull. I want to fire every bullet ever!! I'm not even going to address online "ranked matches". Give me a break.

The sad thing is that Contra could work so well as a twin-stick shooter. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kksligh said:

Couch coop? 

Actually it says it has local Co-Op in the description on the PSN Store:

Local and Online CO-OP action for up to 4 players

Also...it actually doesn't look to bad to me...it's available as a free demo now in the PSN store so i think i'll be checking it out...

Edited by sword_of_omens
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

If what is posted here is correct (RS is aim, rather than aim+shoot)

It is correct. RS is a 360 degree horizontal aim (no vertical) and R2 fires the weapon. Check out the demo.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Bad list for a game I was  only kinda interested in means I'll just skip it. 

Messing up Contra AND twin stick shooting at the same time AND THEN adding stupid online garbage is not a trip I wanna take.

I would take your name tho, I love it Yowza!

On 9/20/2019 at 0:53 PM, sword_of_omens said:

Actually it says it has local Co-Op in the description on the PSN Store:

Also...it actually doesn't look to bad to me...it's available as a free demo now in the PSN store so i think i'll be checking it out...

Its like you have sight beyond sight....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 9:53 AM, sword_of_omens said:

so i downloaded the Demo and played it...and yeh..it's bad...definitely NOT a Contra game...Konami should be embarrassed for trying to push it as such...

which kinda sucks...was hoping this would be a good one...

• 3 years later...