Creatures of the Earth-trophy may be glitched or description is misleading

Juras

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

how did you get the nekkers? I've been trying to hunt them with the great jagras at night but I cant find them. @Juras

Nekker only show up if Great Jagras vomit to feed small ones. So wait at night hidden in leaves in his lair till he back to vomit and Nekker should appear from undeground for eating. But remember, be undetected is key to Nekker show up as far i remember, so better use Ghilie Mantle just before G. Jagras vomit.

This trophy nearly broke me. Crown Hunting is one thing... at least you're playing the bloody game but this? nearly 9 hours over the course of 4 days walking around in this godforsaken guiding lands until I found one of the rare ones (yes, with the felyne rare spawn buff)... one of the worst trophies I ever did

Edited by Alaquia
  • Like 1

Keep seeing reports that rare my spawn rates are linked to area levels. My own experience would support this theory but more data would be great. I’d appreciate if everyone could share the area they got their rare moly in and what level it was at.

2 hours ago, Happy said:

Keep seeing reports that rare my spawn rates are linked to area levels. My own experience would support this theory but more data would be great. I’d appreciate if everyone could share the area they got their rare moly in and what level it was at.

found mine in coral highlands at level 5. it was also my highest region

Edited by Alaquia

On 9/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, Juras said:

Nekker only show up if Great Jagras vomit to feed small ones. So wait at night hidden in leaves in his lair till he back to vomit and Nekker should appear from undeground for eating. But remember, be undetected is key to Nekker show up as far i remember, so better use Ghilie Mantle just before G. Jagras vomit.

In the lair where he sleeps or the area just the area that leads to its entrance (area 2)? 

18 hours ago, wackt1 said:

In the lair where he sleeps or the area just the area that leads to its entrance (area 2)? 

In 2, there's plenty of leaves to hide out.

On 22.09.2019 at 1:05 PM, Alaquia said:

found mine in coral highlands at level 5. it was also my highest region

I catched my Fluffy in Coral at lv7.

6 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

My god i have been trying for this trophy the past few days and have spent a combined total of 6hrs++ with no luck so far. My forrest region is level 6 and still nothing. How long did the rest of you take on average

yeah like I wrote here before nearly 9 hours so keep trying friend, your journey will (hopefully soon) come to an end ;)

and don't forget the feline biologist buff

for those who don't know how to get it, gaijin hunter released a pretty handy guide for it:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 4:16 PM, BlackTorito said:

Probably misleading, I just captured the Rocky Mole and the trophy popped, 3 in total including Rocky (2 in Wildspire and 1 in Rotten Vale).

Same, the only one I've captured so far was the Rocky Mole, but the trophy popped when i did.

I think the trophy is actually for capturing a rare moly. The icon of the trophy itself shows one of the rare molys. I just caught 1 moly from Ancient Forest region and a moly wearing a helmet from Wildspire region and the trophy unlocked. Definitely misleading description.

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

I think the trophy is actually for capturing a rare moly. The icon of the trophy itself shows one of the rare molys. I just caught 1 moly from Ancient Forest region and a moly wearing a helmet from Wildspire region and the trophy unlocked. Definitely misleading description.

Yeah I'm like 95% sure this is the case. Trophy popped for me as soon as I bagged a fluffy moly.

I checked the Japanese wording of the trophy and a quick machine translation seemed more like it was referring to "various areas" instead of "every area". So guessing the initial description was really vague and they just translated it wrong base off that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Trophy popped up for me when cacthing the Nergi looking moly in Rotten Vale. It was my first ever moly and I got the "Creatures of the Earth" trophy and not the normal catch a moly one. Good thing is I went to other possible spawn for em and caught a normal one.
Additional info: Rotten Vale was level 7.

The special (Nergi looking) moly was caught next to a mushroom right above the vine road that leads to the lower area. 

I assume most people have already looked for the videos of their locations by now but here's the video I used to find them. Obviously I am not the creator of the video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got this trophy today, only had the canteen biologist buff, no Zoomaster.

First one I caught was a Mossy Moley in the forest where you access by crawling, and only got creatures of the earth. So I then went from guiding lands to elder's recess and back to guiding lands only to find all the moles respawned in the same area in the forest that you access with a crawl space, I then got the Deft Digger trophy by capturing a regular Moley. I then went and exited to Elder's recess again and came back to find the moles respawned and caught a second Mossy Moley.

Mind you I was expecting to spend hours on this since I read a few accounts of how hard this trophy was, I wound up getting it all on my first trip. I also wasn't expecting all the respawns in a row and my forest level was only level 5.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

• 1 month later...