EU version questions

Ultraxian

14 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Does this mean you're gonna be doing a guide for this? I've held off getting into this too much because of the EU slowness and worried I wouldn't be able to get the plat but may have to give it a go if you manage to get a good guide for it

Ive had a lot of requests do im looking into it now yea, the main story will be easy enough on EU, my route gives us over an hour leeway atm, thats 100% as well and NOT using the inf.herb glitch.

The bosses are all easy as well, the most troublesome one (Nosferatu), I don't even use the Sniper, i literally just run around periodically and shoot with 200 HG bullets safely out of reach!! You can avoid the poison also by getting poisoned by moths beforehand (the sniper is on that boss is what some players have trouble with, so im just removing that altogether to be safe). 

Battle Mode is the problem, I havent got to it yet though so cant really comment on it, routed main game first!! ;)

13 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The US version is 20% faster and the EU version is simply not worth the effort... I bought the US version although I already owned the EU one cause of that. The battle mode with Chris on EU version is significantly harder with the EU version and requires luck and a borderline perfect run to have a chance at the time needed. Just for comparison: on the US version I managed to finish all the battle modes first try lol

20%, is that all, seems much faster, but guess that is still a big difference.

Im still routing main game so havent got to Battle Mode yet, I dont wanna give in just yet, wanna stick to EU for now so I dont have an advantage over other EU players that dont' have the funds, dont want to buy or just dont have the means to get the US version, will see if I can stick to it though xD

Looks like its going to be fun then, cant be worse than DMCV or Hollow Knight though right...... 

Edited by Optinooby

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/02/2021 at 4:50 PM, DividedByMankind said:

I am debating whether to start this or continue resistance, last 2 RE games i need for 100% of the whole RE series1f44d.png i wonder how the loading times are on ps5 tho.

It is compatible with ps5 since it downloaded, but has anyone tried it on ps5 yet?

This may help m8, I had a lot of requests for it. Its EU, beginner speedrun, A RANK with ALL campaign trophies at once. (2 parts, each part is either side of the only save). 

Takes 03:10 or something, not got Battle guides done yet, but will be in coming weeks

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

This may help m8, I had a lot of requests for it. Its EU, beginner speedrun, A RANK with ALL campaign trophies at once. (2 parts, each part is either side of the only save). 

Takes 03:10 or something, not got Battle guides done yet, but will be in coming weeks

Thanks m8, but i wont be starting it just yet. First Verdun and Tannenberg. After that Ill try to use 5consoles for RE Resistence and see if it pairs me quicly with mastermind.

I hope it pairs me, because the console would be in my house and not actually around the world.

And then ill do RE Code Veronica X. So take your time making the Guide for Battle Game☺️

On 15/2/2021 at 8:39 PM, Optinooby said:

I've watched a little bit of your guide (both parts) to better prepare myself. I already have most of the main campaign trophies but I'm def gonna use your vids for the <4 hour and A rank throphies Thank you!

For the Battle Mode trophies, Wesker is the easiest (if you luck out and get the Magnum in the bonus room). I managed to complete his battle mode on my first attempt with barely any prior research or preparation.

Time is no issue at all so take your time to look for, pick up and use all the health items you need.

Tip for hitting zombies with the knife: position yourself and make sure the knife won't hit the walls; when the zom gets close, start slashing and hit its chest once then immediately lower your aim to get the double hits on its knees. Hitting the chest is a good indicator that the zom is at the right distance and it slows it down just enough to try and get its knees. For me, This worked better than just trying to immediately get the knees.

Some guides say you only need 5 of the 6 magnum bullets for the boss...well, either that isn't true or one of my bullets didn't hit hard enough. I got the boss with 5 magnum bullets and one lucky, panicked knife slash lol

I've tried Claire and Chris battle modes and I'm really bad with Claire (best result is still an E rank) and decent with Chris (B rank, slighty below 7:30).

Tip: first person view is very helpful for most of the rooms...but it kinda sucks in hunters rooms imo. I still suggest trying it out though. Maybe I'll even stick with it, we'll see.

Edited by NightmarEnd

48 minutes ago, NightmarEnd said:

I've watched a little bit of your guide (both parts) to better prepare myself. I already have most of the main campaign trophies but I'm def gonna use your vids for the <4 hour and A rank throphies Thank you!

For the Battle Mode trophies, Wesker is the easiest (if you luck out and get the Magnum in the bonus room). I managed to complete his battle mode on my first attempt with barely any prior research or preparation.

Time is no issue at all so take your time to look for, pick up and use all the health items you need.

Tip for hitting zombies with the knife: position yourself and make sure the knife won't hit the walls; when the zom gets close, start slashing and hit its chest once then immediately lower your aim to get the double hits on its knees. Hitting the chest is a good indicator that the zom is at the right distance and it slows it down just enough to try and get its knees. For me, This worked better than just trying to immediately get the knees.

Some guides say you only need 5 of the 6 magnum bullets for the boss...well, either that isn't true or one of my bullets didn't hit hard enough. I got the boss with 5 magnum bullets and one lucky, panicked knife slash lol

I've tried Claire and Chris battle modes and I'm really bad with Claire (best result is still an E rank) and decent with Chris (B rank, slighty below 7:30).

Tip: first person view is very helpful for most of the rooms...but it kinda sucks in hunters rooms imo. I still suggest trying it out though. Maybe I'll even stick with it, we'll see.

Thanks for the tips m8! 

Im actually working on the Battle Modes now, I got Claire to 05:58 on EU (12 secs to spare, so despite a lot of players saying "On EU u must be perfect", in fact u don't. U can spare 1 or 2 mistakes, but u must recover VERY quickly)! 

But ive found something really wierd with Claire B

On Claire B, I got A rank at 08:19! Its apparently 08:00 only!! So either they patched EU version to make it easier, or it has always been this or that my game bugged........

Maybe @angelbless45 knows more on this (apologies for the shoutout) ;)

Its only just happened so cant say more yet, but kinda wierd....?? 

I've not touched the others yet as im focusing on 1 at a time, but i'll keep ur tips in mind when i get to them

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for the tips m8! 

Im actually working on the Battle Modes now, I got Claire to 05:58 on EU (12 secs to spare, so despite a lot of players saying "On EU u must be perfect", in fact u don't. U can spare 1 or 2 mistakes, but u must recover VERY quickly)! 

But ive found something really wierd with Claire B

On Claire B, I got A rank at 08:19! Its apparently 08:00 only!! So either they patched EU version to make it easier, or it has always been this or that my game bugged........

Maybe @angelbless45 knows more on this (apologies for the shoutout) ;)

Its only just happened so cant say more yet, but kinda wierd....?? 

I've not touched the others yet as im focusing on 1 at a time, but i'll keep ur tips in mind when i get to them

I just got an A rank on Claire B with 8:38! There is something weird with this scenario, indeed.

Claire A instead is unforgiving. I still have an E rank with a time below 7:10

I know it's a minute over the needed time but with Chris scenario (also +1 minute) I have a B rank.

Such a big difference!

21 hours ago, NightmarEnd said:

I just got an A rank on Claire B with 8:38! There is something weird with this scenario, indeed.

Claire A instead is unforgiving. I still have an E rank with a time below 7:10

I know it's a minute over the needed time but with Chris scenario (also +1 minute) I have a B rank.

Such a big difference!

Thanks for letting me know. 

I've actually been working my way up from 8:19, at 5 sec intervals, I got to 8:30, still A, u say 8:38 still A, so im going to go for 8:41, see if 8:40 is the limit on EU

Seems strange, but maybe they actually changed this on on EU. Problem is everybody skips EU so there ismt much info on it for us all to butt our heads together and think on xD

Shame Claire A isnt easier ;(

With Claire A, u can afford 1 or 2 mistakes, but u need to quickly rectify them. 

U will get ur time down, dont worry, on EU just one little change can improve ur time by 5 secs. Problrm with the crossbow is it has to hit ur target dead on or its a miss

EDIT:

I got 8:53, still A, I then hit 9:05 and thats a B! 

I think, gor whatever reason, glitch, patch, whatever, EU (tested) has an extra minute, cant speak on NTSC as dont have it. 

Im not going between 8:55 and 9:00, think its safe to say that its 9:00 or below is a A, shame the others are not like this xD

EDIT

I just got 7:34 on Claire B, final practice before recording. 26 secs to spare, even if 8 mins!! I dont think the EU is as impossible as its made out, just takes a lot of practice. I find Hollow Knight pantheons, DMCV, CB4 much harder. 

Still have Chris/Steve/Wesker to go, I hear Chris is difficult, but Claire A is the hardest, so hopefully the rest wont be to bad ;)

EDIT

On Chris, I got 6:19 EU, still 10 secs to spare. Almost perfect run, could having still shaved a few secs, so u have a small bit of time for mistakes on that also. 

With Chris, his mob rooms are easy, its the boss that is difficuly. I always defeat Alexia 2nd stage, for forcing her into the bottom right corner, its not too bad once u get the hang of it

EDIT Claire freeze trophy

Also, with Claire, on the 'Chill trophy', im not sure 'waiting for a few mins is the key'. I waited for literally 5 mins, nothing, I then healed, waited again, nothing. I then moved a bit, waited again, nothing, 10 mins had gone by at this point. 

I then ran back to entrance and it popped without even waiting, the game stopped me in a specific spot like a scripted event. 

On my other account, this time I ran forward, killed the enemies, straight away turned around and ran back to entrance and the trophy popped in to exact same spot again near the entrance!!

I think for the Claire 'battle chill' trophy, no need to wait, just kill the enemies, then run back to the entrance and it will pop on the way via a scripted event, enemies must be dead to cause it to trigger! 

EDIT:

Steve - 09:24

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I think for the Claire 'battle chill' trophy, no need to wait, just kill the enemies, then run back to the entrance and it will pop on the way via a scripted event, enemies must be dead to cause it to trigger! 

Can confirm, the same happened to me. I stood still in that room for minutes and nothing happened. So I tried running around, ended up near the entrance and the trophy popped up.

I improved my Claire run a bit but can confirm that 6:53 is still an E rank. The ranking for this scenario is so harsh :(

Also tried Steve. I usually get to the boss room when the timer is around or slighty below 9 minutes (not too bad)...but then I costantly mess up at the boss fight. I hate that worm.

I kind of want to try and get the magnum in the bonus room to kill the worm. It takes a lot of luck and wastes time but I'm curious to see how many bullets it takes and how it goes.

BTW anything between 11:27 and 12:01 is a B rank for Steve.

Congrats on your times, Optinooby! Well done!

Edited by NightmarEnd

11 hours ago, NightmarEnd said:

Can confirm, the same happened to me. I stood still in that room for minutes and nothing happened. So I tried running around, ended up near the entrance and the trophy popped up.

I improved my Claire run a bit but can confirm that 6:53 is still an E rank. The ranking for this scenario is so harsh :(

Also tried Steve. I usually get to the boss room when the timer is around or slighty below 9 minutes (not too bad)...but then I costantly mess up at the boss fight. I hate that worm.

I kind of want to try and get the magnum in the bonus room to kill the worm. It takes a lot of luck and wastes time but I'm curious to see how many bullets it takes and how it goes.

BTW anything between 11:27 and 12:01 is a B rank for Steve.

Congrats on your times, Optinooby! Well done!

Im on last one, Wesker, done the rest and the times are correct except that Claire B. 

What it is I think, is on JP version, 00:0-08:00 is S rank, and 8-9 is A rank. On the NA and EU, S rank is the equivalent of A, but they messed up with the Claire B, as they have removed the S rank, but left A rank where it was. 

Its been like it since release I think, I was looking up some old forums, on Xboxachievements and stuff, the odd person there says they got Claire B done when they were over time. Guess not ne has really taken any noticed or it has been wrote of as glitch. 

Thats whats it looks like to me though, the A rank has just kept the JP A rank time, they didnt change it. Shame this didnt happen to the rest xD

What u mention abt steve btw, he doesnt get Magnum, he gets M-100P and its more rarer. It kills the worm a bit quicker, but not enough to make up for the detour. It takes 30-40secs to grab it and kills thw worm abt 30secs quicker

You need be getting to the worm at 7-8 mins to have chance of doing it. 

I actually find the worm the worst boss so far, worse than Chris boss!! 

EDIT:

Got platinum today on EU, im tempted to get 100% on the PS3 version on Now, just to see the difference........ 

But....... I just cant be bothered now after all that, going to get commentary added to videos, them im done with this. I really find it hard going back to these old school REs when we have been spoilt with the REmake controls

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Got platinum today on EU, im tempted to get 100% on the PS3 version on Now, just to see the difference........ 

But....... I just cant be bothered now after all that, going to get commentary added to videos, them im done with this. I really find it hard going back to these old school REs when we have been spoilt with the REmake controls

Congrats!!! I'll eagerly await your battle mode vids then because I'm slowly driving myself insane with my attemps ?

Is the PS3 version the HD one? That one shouldn't have any issue with slower frame rate, in any version.

If only CAPCOM had put any effort into the EU PS4 version ?

I got a miraculous 6:29:90 (!) with Chris lol I'm so happy!

It isn't impossible, indeed. It does take a while to understand how to "manipulate" the boss but it's doable with good RNG.

EDIT: omg another miraculous time (6:09:96!!!) with Claire A

Finally! I kept getting times between 6:11 - 6:13

Steve is the only one left, pretty sure it's going to be difficult :(

EDIT 2: The worm sucks! But Steve was "easier" than Claire A and Chris! Got a miraculous 9:55 lol

Got the plat! It's done!

Edited by NightmarEnd

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still trying to psyche myself up to finish the PS3 one. I have EU PAL version but as others have said it doesn’t have the slowdown issues I’ll pray I don’t have too many problems. I do have to remember how to play it though! Haven’t used tank controls since I first played it years ago... ?

Edit: had a go and yes PS3 one is easier, times seem the same so far. Got e.g Steve with 9.30 but only B with 10.30. Chris only B rank for 7 mins, Claire only E rank for just over 7 mins lol. Not exactly a walk in the park but seems doable. Good luck anyone who’s attempting the PS4 EU version!

Edit 2: can confirm PS3 time requirements are the same, including the 9 mins for Claire B.

Edited by bobthecrazydog
Update

• 5 months later...
On 05/10/2020 at 6:52 PM, ser_davos said:

1. Set up a new account either through your PS4 or Sony’s website, note that you need an email address that isn’t associated with any existing psn account but it doesn’t need to be a US email account, I used one of my old UK ones without issue

2. Choose United States as your country of residence when asked

3. For the address information you can just google an American restaurant or something and put their zip code in

4. Once the account is created and email verified you can access the US store but not buy things with your non-US bank card/gift cards so you’ll want to purchase a US psn card for whatever value (I believe Code Veronica is $15 right now) and use that card’s code, you can do this through Amazon and most other online retailers that provide the code via email

5. Buy the game, make sure your console is activated as your primary PS4 and you can play whatever you buy with your US account on your non-US accounts too!

It’s an easy enough process to justify doing it based on how ridiculous the EU platinum is supposed to be, the downside is I don’t think you will be able to carry your saves over so you’ll be stuck unlocking anything you need again.

Ok, so after looking this up a bit I've decided to save myself some hassle and buy the game again from the US store whilst it's on sale. I just have few questions, do I have to buy a PSN gift card? I can't just use Pay Pal or something else on the US account? If I want to get a gift card I should check on Amazon US? (Sorry if this is an obvious question) Finally, once all these steps are done is there any way to tell if I've installed the correct version without playing it? Can you check product codes or something? Would it be in the technical data on the main menu? Aside from the fact that it probably will have a padlock in the top right corner or something.

Edited by bikeman223

• 2 years later...

Phew... im on the battle modes right now and crazy people actually getting the trophies on EU. Crazy that Capcom does not care about that after all these years no fixes to that.

Is it at least possible to restart a run or do i have to die every time?

Edited by denullz666

3 minutes ago, denullz666 said:

Phew... im on the battle modes right now and crazy people actually getting the trophies on EU. Crazy that Capcom does not care about that after all these years no fixes to that.

Is it at least possible to restart a run or do i have to die every time?

Yeah i feel your pain m8, but i dont think they care about old games to be honost👍

I think you have to die, im restarting by closing the game of👍

I dont have time to finnish it now due to work ,maybe ill do 2 character tonight tho👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

I dont have time to finnish it now due to work ,maybe ill do 2 character tonight tho👍

I feel that. I think the right way is to try a few times daily. I finally got the easiest one Claire Alternative after around 20 tries. Its really frustating. 

26 minutes ago, denullz666 said:

I feel that. I think the right way is to try a few times daily. I finally got the easiest one Claire Alternative after around 20 tries. Its really frustating. 

Yeah, i know especially when the game is old.  Ill prob use long time on it.

I tried it a littlebit,  just got the misc trophies from battle game.

Ill go back on it later. Do you have EU vers or NA?

1 hour ago, denullz666 said:

Im on EU i really thought it cant be that bad.. well here i am not enjoying this haha

Haha i started on NA since i read about that it was advised doing it.. so i am ready opening of guides to see if it is issues. 

But anyways i messed up , i forgot to pick up replica guns even tho i did ps3 version yrs ago, and i knew that i needed for battle game. 

Going to pick it during speed run 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

But anyways i messed up , i forgot to pick up replica guns even tho i did ps3 version yrs ago, and i knew that i needed for battle game. 

Good luck with that, now 5 hours later no progress. almost had a perfect run on chris had 1 minute left but the last boss ruined it for me. He wasnt stuck there in the corner i wanted him to be. Now i feel like asking someone giving me access to the US version since theres no way ill pay again for this mess lmao

20 hours ago, denullz666 said:

Good luck with that, now 5 hours later no progress. almost had a perfect run on chris had 1 minute left but the last boss ruined it for me. He wasnt stuck there in the corner i wanted him to be. Now i feel like asking someone giving me access to the US version since theres no way ill pay again for this mess lmao

Yeah im pissed... ps3 version was much more smooth than thiis... why do they port games to current genn...