How do you think Sony will unviel the PS5?

zeero7uk

On 9/20/2019 at 4:22 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaaaacer!!

Seriously, I sure hope so. Haven't we gone way too long without a new Ridge Racer? Namco should give Tekken a break for awhile at least until we get RR 8. And I'm still a bit ticked that we haven't got Time Crisis 5. I'd be willing to pay $120 for this with a dual-pedal controller & a Guncon 4.

I think Sony will start airing commercials daily on TV, on websites, & in movie theaters as The Day gets closer. What if they picked 9 September 2020 for the release date, so it would be the 25th anniversary of the PS1? ENOS Returns.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

[...] Ridge Racer [...]

Namco has given up on that franchise. The last all-new game in the series was Ridge Racer 6, released on Xbox 360 in 2005. Ridge Racer 7 was just an enhanced version of said game, the Vita version a pile of horse shit and Unbounded simply FlatOut with a different name. Ridge Racer is dead. Kinda ironic that I'll purchase a 360 next week to play the great racers on that system and Ridge Racer 6 being one of that games.

31 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Namco has given up on that franchise. The last all-new game in the series was Ridge Racer 6, released on Xbox 360 in 2005. Ridge Racer 7 was just an enhanced version of said game, the Vita version a pile of horse shit and Unbounded simply FlatOut with a different name. Ridge Racer is dead. Kinda ironic that I'll purchase a 360 next week to play the great racers on that system and Ridge Racer 6 being one of that games.

Sadly, that's the way it looks. If that were not the deal, we'd probably have seen a Ridge Racer 8 at PS4's launch based on the pattern with the first 3 PS systems. As for that Vita Ridge Racer... I'm with you there, it's so disappointing. There are fewer tracks in the base game & it only does 30 FPS. Maybe they should have scaled back the graphics just enough to keep it at 60. Isn't the PSP Ridge Racer 2 so much better than Vita's? I sure think so. Should PS3 BC be a thing (let's hope!), I think I can make do with playing RR7 on the new system.

13 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Should PS3 BC be a thing (let's hope!)

There won't. Forget it. It's technically almost impossible due to PS3's Cell architecture and definitely not wanted by Sony. Forgot they have a cloud gaming service they want you to spend money on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...