Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matto_lsi

Matto_lsi's Dispute

10 posts in this topic

Matto_lsi

The Walking Dead Collection
The person who reported this obviously is unfamiliar with the game. For this collection, Season One (excluding 400 Days), Season Two, and Michonne only require that you COMPLETE the episode. There are no chapter trophies like in the standalone versions of the game. For each of these games I played to the final checkpoint of each episode and then backed up my saves on USB and the cloud. I then played through 400 Days first, then reloaded each of my saves for the seasons mentioned, then played through Season Three from start to finish. This is very easy to do, anyone can do it, and no rules whatsoever were broken.

You're allowed to use saves as long as you don't earn trophies in a impossible ways. You loaded save files to earn trophies faster  than a player playing the game normally. Your timestamps are in proper order (as far as I can tell) but you used save files to achieve impossible times.

If you want your flag lifted, you should prove the times you got are possible without save file usage.

That is possible. You did save manipulation to get faster times but it not cheating as long as they're your save file. 

27 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

You're allowed to use saves as long as you don't earn trophies in a impossible ways. You loaded save files to earn trophies faster  than a player playing the game normally. Your timestamps are in proper order (as far as I can tell) but you used save files to achieve impossible times.

If you want your flag lifted, you should prove the times you got are possible without save file usage.

According to the rules outlined:

"Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order."

This is not auto-unlocking trophies nor is it doing it out of order. I don't see how this any different than backing up a save and reloading to get different ending trophies (which is quite common in many games).

12 minutes ago, machaesthetic said:

According to the rules outlined:

"Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order."

This is not auto-unlocking trophies nor is it doing it out of order. I don't see how this any different than backing up a save and reloading to get different ending trophies (which is quite common in many games).

His trophies are in order. You can play the episodes in any order you want. He played to the final checkpoints for the episodes needed except the Season 3 which needs to be played in full. The trophies weren't auto locked for him. He downloaded his backup save and finished them in order. He shaved off about 16+ hours doing the backup saves but still did them in the normal timestamps. 

Save Manipulation gave him that time of 8 hours. There are other games like that too where people can get fast times on the leaderboards. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25

I don't see anything wrong with his timestamps.

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Wooo, wait, wait, wait:

Ok, I am not familiar with this edition of TWD, BUT: IF it is possible to select each EPISODE from the start, you can play it to the moment JUST before the trophy, back it up, select another episode, repeat, etc.

Then download all saves and bam! Play each one of them and get trophies one by one.

If that's the case - this is legit.

So OP didn't pop the trophy, just did the "save preparation" - standard way to achieve top times, fully legit.

1 hour ago, machaesthetic said:

1 hour ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

His trophies are in order. You can play the episodes in any order you want. He played to the final checkpoints for the episodes needed except the Season 3 which needs to be played in full. The trophies weren't auto locked for him. He downloaded his backup save and finished them in order. He shaved off about 16+ hours doing the backup saves but still did them in the normal timestamps. 

Save Manipulation gave him that time of 8 hours. There are other games like that too where people can get fast times on the leaderboards. 

10 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't see anything wrong with his timestamps.

Thanks for the support guys!  This is all accurate.  You can select any episode from any of the 4 seasons in this collection and play them at any time.  None are locked by progression.  The only thing you'll miss out on is your choices carrying over between episodes.  The game also offers 4 save files to choose from on the main menu.  You can play a different episode in each one as far as you want, back them up, and start over again.  There is nothing forcing you to play each one in order from start to finish.  None of these trophies were auto-unlocked, I prepped for about 3 days and when loading each save for each episode I had to continue from where I left off and play the last 5-15 minutes of each episode until the trophy popped, then return to the main menu and load the next save slot.  While I did play them in order, this is irrelevant for this game, as any episode can be chosen at any time, as mentioned above.  But on that note, earning trophies out of order would be more so for games where there are story progression trophies.  This would apply to Season Three as it has chapter trophies.  It would also apply to the original version of each of these games for the same reason.  But as I mentioned in my first post, in this collection 3 of the 4 games only require completing the episode for a trophy.  As the chapter trophies were removed from these games in this collection, the out of order requirement wouldn't have applied to those 3 games.