any tips for coaching trophies?

raimo666

For "You're Hired" I simmed a season as the lightning, fired my coach (he was an A+) and re-hired him in the free agency phase.

I haven't been able to figure out the "Coaching Royalty" trophy out yet though. Seems it's just a lot of luck as I have simmed seasons as the Senators going from last place and then winning the President's trophy the next year.

If you figured that one out let me know!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rezyionn said:

For "You're Hired" I simmed a season as the lightning, fired my coach (he was an A+) and re-hired him in the free agency phase.

I haven't been able to figure out the "Coaching Royalty" trophy out yet though. Seems it's just a lot of luck as I have simmed seasons as the Senators going from last place and then winning the President's trophy the next year.

If you figured that one out let me know!

Finally got "Coaching Royalty". 

What I did was edit the rosters and stacked the Senators as they were the worst team last season. I started as the Senators and fired my coach and signed a new one making sure that he was a bad overall grade (he was under AHL Head Coach). I simmed the season and got the trophy at the end.

This trophy seems to be a lot of luck so if it doesn't work the first time just start up a new franchise and do the same steps again and it should pop soon enough.

Edited by rezyionn
  • Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 5:42 AM, rezyionn said:

Finally got "Coaching Royalty". 

What I did was edit the rosters and stacked the Senators as they were the worst team last season. I started as the Senators and fired my coach and signed a new one making sure that he was a bad overall grade (he was under AHL Head Coach). I simmed the season and got the trophy at the end.

This trophy seems to be a lot of luck so if it doesn't work the first time just start up a new franchise and do the same steps again and it should pop soon enough.

Haha, have simulated about 10 seasons with this method, and no luck yet. Stupid luck based trophy...

I must have tried starting about 50 franchise modes now trying to get an A+ coach.

I have mostly tried with Toronto, but also Florida because someone mentioned that works, I've given every team with a large coaching budget at least one try. VAN, NYR, TBL, CHI, MTL.

Any insight for if you had other settings options? Salary cap on or off etc.

edit: I finally managed to get it to pop with Toronto but I spent a good few hours just restarting franchise mode waiting for an A+ coach... 

Edited by Skin-Flute-Solo

53 minutes ago, Skin-Flute-Solo said:

I must have tried starting about 50 franchise modes now trying to get an A+ coach.

I have mostly tried with Toronto, but also Florida because someone mentioned that works, I've given every team with a large coaching budget at least one try. VAN, NYR, TBL, CHI, MTL.

Any insight for if you had other settings options? Salary cap on or off etc.

You need to edit rosters (I recommend Senators). You want a team that placed badly last season and you want them to get over 100 points with a new coach. Make sure you hire a new coach at the start of the season!

8 hours ago, rezyionn said:

Wow that's weird. I got my friend to do this method and he got it first try. Are you winning the league every season?

Simulated 5 more seasons, won league 4 times, and cup 2 times...

Stacked ottawa, hired ahl coach as nhl head coach. :/

18 hours ago, raimo666 said:

Simulated 5 more seasons, won league 4 times, and cup 2 times...

Stacked ottawa, hired ahl coach as nhl head coach. :/

Hmmm. Maybe it was just really lucky of me and my friend. When you sim each season are you entirely restarting your franchise in the 2019-2020 season or are you continuing after?

7 hours ago, rezyionn said:

Hmmm. Maybe it was just really lucky of me and my friend. When you sim each season are you entirely restarting your franchise in the 2019-2020 season or are you continuing after?

Yes, i simulate only 1 season, and then start new 19-20 season.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kiccic said:

1. Use 11.10.2019 rosters.

2. New franchise

3. Pick Buffalo Sabres

4. Move your team with other week teams to Pacific division. (I put Senators in Meteopolitian div. With all good Teams, just in case:) )

5. Waivers on, cap space on, couch edit lines on, Owner mode off, Morale off,  cpu trades off, all notifications off, injury off...

6. Do nothing with your staff, just sim entire season. If lucky, and you are in top3, in your division, you will get Jack. Adams trophy.

Like a charm.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, raimo666 said:

OMFG. I have simulated easily 50+ seasons, with tips here and there.

Now im starting fifth fresh season with this buffalo method....

OH FINALLY! thank you kiccic for this tip :)

This can be considered the closest Buffalo comes to winning something, significant, lol.

EDIT: It worked like a charm. Thank you. The rosters said '11/12/19,' btw.

Edited by TheGoaler
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2019-10-21 at 3:31 PM, kiccic said:

2. New franchise

3. Pick Buffalo Sabres

4. Move your team with other week teams to Pacific division. (I put Senators in Meteopolitian div. With all good Teams, just in case:) )

5. Waivers on, cap space on, couch edit lines on, Owner mode off, Morale off,  cpu trades off, all notifications off, injury off...

6. Do nothing with your staff, just sim entire season. If lucky, and you are in top3, in your division, you will get Jack. Adams trophy.

u should post more often - worked at my third attempt - 10000 millions thks 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 21/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, kiccic said:

2. New franchise

3. Pick Buffalo Sabres

God bless you. 1st try!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 21/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, kiccic said:

2. New franchise

3. Pick Buffalo Sabres

Thank you!

First try my Team didn't qualify.

2nd try got the trophy.