PSA: only focus on Squad Flags while the game is online (and other notes)

ars

25 minutes ago, ars said:

HOW TO GET SQUAD FLAGS (ONLINE)

SHUTDOWN ALARM you need a total of 20 Squad Flags for a trophy. You can review how many you have going to :triangle: Party Menu -> :square: Equipment.

Guaranteed 1 PER DAY (ONLINE): beating the tutorial, making a contract with a faction through Policy, entering War and Dispatching a Troop. Your faction can lose and you still get it!

- Wars last 24 hours realtime. After that you'll be notified about End of War. Go to your faction capital and talk to Chatty Elder. 

Guaranteed 6 (OFFLINE): Start a Single mode Infiltration Quest. There are six maps, and each one has a hidden flag. It's a step puzzle.

Review video solutions for each map (nicovideo might or might not be disabled for your country).

If desperate, PS Store sells 10 Squad Flags available at 0,95 EUR (EU) each (or 6,95 EUR for a bundle of all of them).

- your region's price and Store content may vary, unfortunately, but this applies to most people

Potentially this means you're guaranteed to get the Flag Collector trophy even if you start on Sep 27th, as long your Store carries the DLC flags. I have not tested or researched how to get flags offline! This is the only trophy that is directly affected by server closure!

For the daily flag, I noticed you first need to have a contract, wait for the new war to start, visit the War menu to see the war declarations, and finally visit the plaza of your contracted nation. Once there, talk to the NPCs, one of them will give you a flag.

Besides that, there's 1 guaranteed flag for completing the tutorial and another guaranteed one for reaching Mercenary Rank S. If people resort to purchasing the DLC flags, they only need 2 from online stuff. Otherwise, it's 12.

Obtaining flags from online wars (it's not pvp btw, but you vs A.I.-controlled characters from other players) is random and you can only obtain flags that you don't have yet. One exception to this are the 6 Infiltration Quest flags and the Mercenary Rank S flag. Those can only be obtained by meeting the requirements. 

Also important to point out: flags that can be placed on the battlefield don't count, only the ones in the upper right and left corner of the screen. 

25 minutes ago, ars said:

HOW TO GET SKILL COMPLETIONIST (OFFLINE)

Every character class has around 2 or 3 skill pools.

Each character has 8 different patterns.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
Added info
  • Like 1

Thank you @Dragon-Archon, I misunderstood all the GameFAQs posts. I'll edit the skill patterns you generally need 2-3 edit: character hires to get all the skills available for a class.

Also I have unfortunate news, @Han_the_Dragon made woes you might not be able to make a Contract with a faction once the game goes offline. I tested this with my Vita in flight mode, and it's true. Means Short Sight skill is only a random drop from Barr once the servers go :(

Edited by ars

1 hour ago, ars said:

Thank you @Dragon-Archon, I misunderstood all the GameFAQs posts. I'll edit the skill patterns you generally need 2-3 edit: character hires to get all the skills available for a class.

Also I have unfortunate news, @Han_the_Dragon made woes you might not be able to make a Contract with a faction once the game goes offline. I tested this with my Vita in flight mode, and it's true. Means Short Sight skill is only a random drop from Barr once the servers go :(

Some random person on GameFaqs posted that if your contract runs out, you do get the steps reward from the last leader you were in contract with.

• Like 1

Thank you, kudos!

Few questions:

- Any class can learn all skills? I started with a Lancer, but learning a new skill wants to replace his "Combo+"... what's the deal here?

- Are the DLC flags exclusive to the DLC?

- Do these "class up" shenanigans affect skill learn? Are they safe to use on my main skill learner? Can you S rank everything on one character?

- Is the Short Sight really that rare? I barely started and I have it on my Lancer lol

I only have one question, once the server is shut down, will it be impossible to get the 20 flags offline? If that is the case, I really wouldn't mind to grind for hours and hours and hours, but, if the servers closure will gonna make the platinum unobtainable, then I would just forget about the platinum and playing the game only for my own pleasure later in the future.

Edited by Iris Heart
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Thank you, kudos!

Few questions:

- Any class can learn all skills? I started with a Lancer, but learning a new skill wants to replace his "Combo+"... what's the deal here?

- Are the DLC flags exclusive to the DLC?

- Do these "class up" shenanigans affect skill learn? Are they safe to use on my main skill learner? Can you S rank everything on one character?

- Is the Short Sight really that rare? I barely started and I have it on my Lancer lol

a: There's class related attack skills, which only the specific class can learn. So you have to choose a class, keep making characters and unlock all the skills within that class. Support skills etc can be inserted in any character.

b: Don't know what you're asking. Squad Flags are Squad Flags.

c: Class up improves stat affinity (=less points until you get an extra point in  stat). You see it as stars next to the stat when leveling up. Disregard it unless you want to brag in PvP War mode.

d : You're very happy you got it so soon :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

I only have one question, once the server is shut down, will it be impossible to get the 20 flags offline? If that is the sace, I really wouldn't mind to grind for hours and hours and hours, but, if the servers closure will gonna make the platinum unobtainable, then I would just forget about the platinum and playing the game only for my own pleasure later in the future.

If the above is true, all you have to do is log in on 2-3 days while being in a contract, visit War ans then Capital to snatch an online flag, the rest can be obtained offline + store. 2-3 times 5 minutes of your time.

4 minutes ago, ars said:

a: There's class related attack skills, which only the specific class can learn. So you have to choose a class, keep making characters and unlock all the skills within that class. Support skills etc can be inserted in any character.

b: Don't know what you're asking. Squad Flags are Squad Flags.

c: Class up improves stat affinity (=less points until you get an extra point in  stat). You see it as stars next to the stat when leveling up. Disregard it unless you want to brag in PvP War mode.

d : You're very happy you got it so soon :)

Thanks!

b. 20 flags are needed, 10 can be bought via DLC. Are those 10 not available via normal play? Is the DLC just a time saver or actually giving 10 flags you can't get anywhere else?

Edited by fbdbh

3 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

I only have one question, once the server is shut down, will it be impossible to get the 20 flags offline?

We don't know, they're supposedly random drops too but 100 extra hours, 1000 extra hours? We don't know.

49 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Some random person on GameFaqs posted that if your contract runs out, you do get the steps reward from the last leader you were in contract with.

This is a cool thing, unfortunately Contracts only run max 5 days. We don't know whether a Contract can last indefinetely in Offline mode. You should still get a flag max 5 days after closure if you make a Contract at the very last moment. Unfortunately no one can know what happens after until we see it...

4 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

If the above is true, all you have to do is log in on 2-3 days while being in a contract, visit War ans then Capital to snatch an online flag, the rest can be obtained offline + store. 2-3 times 5 minutes of your time.

Thanks!

b. 20 flags are needed, 10 can be bought via DLC. Are those 10 not available via normal play? Is the DLC just a time saver or actually giving 10 flags you can't get anywhere else?

They're not available through gameplay and I've never dropped one beating a PvP troop. I've dropped other exclusive things like King's weapons so I gather you have to pay for the DLC flags

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

No, those 10 are DLC exclusive.  Also you can't get them as a drop from any teams you encounter during wars that are using the DLC flags, they are non-transferable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbdbh said:

I see, I still would need to start the game but it doesn't sound so bad at all. I may give it a try. 

1 hour ago, ars said:

We don't know, they're supposedly random drops too but 100 extra hours, 1000 extra hours? We don't know.

That sounds horrible... 100 or 1000 hours because of the RNG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iris Heart said:

I see, I still would need to start the game but it doesn't sound so bad at all. I may give it a try. 

That sounds horrible... 100 or 1000 hours because of the RNG.

the thought of spending 1000 hrs in a game (again) is off putting but I'd hate to have a plat I can no longer obtain.

I'll start this up when I get home tomorrow after I finish 15 waves in EDF Insect Armageddon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

the thought of spending 1000 hrs in a game (again) is off putting but I'd hate to have a plat I can no longer obtain.

I'll start this up when I get home tomorrow after I finish 15 waves in EDF Insect Armageddon.

I will start it tonight, since I am just clearing the Crash Team Racing Time Trials, I could give it a try to Grand Kingdom when I am getting too frustrated on Crash.

Edited by Iris Heart
  • Like 1

I got like like 4 flags in less than in a hour by playing Online War.

Go in with in at least a level 40 team. 

One Guaranteed for participating in a War and when that day War ends. Go to Castle and talk to townsfolk, get flag.

So far at 15 Flags.

Edited by Kishnabe

On 9/21/2019 at 5:27 AM, ars said:

HOW TO GET SKILL COMPLETIONIST  (OFFLINE)

Every character class has 8 skill pools which are randomly selected on character creation. They unlock their last skill around level ~52. Policy -> Hire a character, then go powerlevel in a specific Single mode mission (OFFLINE). You need Mercenary Rank B in order to equip the Hooligan toolbag! Method and required field skills explained. You generally need to create 2-3 characters of a class and get them level 52 to unlock all the skills for that specific class.

I don't know if it was just on my end but I had access to the Hooligan toolbag at Mercenary Rank C....so one earlier than B.

On 9/21/2019 at 5:27 AM, ars said:

OR Travel (any region) (OFFLINE). keep making steps until you meet Barr who challenges you to a fight, keep beating him. One of his drops is Short Sight. Barr appears relatively often, but is a random encounter so there is no definite pattern when he does.

Does Barr have a set level? I've only tried for him twice and he was high 90s so I definitely wasn't ready for him yet.

5 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

Does Barr have a set level? I've only tried for him twice and he was high 90s so I definitely wasn't ready for him yet.

I fought him in the first area and beaten him under lv15, and he must've dropped short sights, because last time he offered to "fight again" (I don't remember the first fight, it was a year ago). Might depend on where / when you encounter him? No idea.