PSA: only focus on Squad Flags while the game is online (and other notes)

ars

wait what? there's an even faster method of leveling that is offline? i kept reading on and on how leveling online is the fastest way and if you dont rush it now you need to spend like a 100hr extra on the plat? is this some recently devised method or something? where/what is it? i havent been keeping up with these topics so i might have to read a lot more...

does that mean the only thing you have to do online is just recruit the trophy guide author's char for some 99-hit combo thing (not even necessary but might as well get it out of the way now) and get a few flags? bc if so then im already done, and i've found leveling online through wars excruciatingly slow even with the paladin powerleveling system, im at 15hrs playtime right now and havent even got a char that's above lv38, so i might just focus on having fun now with the campaign, im probably also playing like a total idiot bc im slow and i dont really understand all the systems and mechanics and i hate having to rush games like this and use guides and stuff

EDIT: im an idiot, it seems the OP was recently updated and i guess it's in there, sorry and thanks for the info

Edited by MeteoraXV

1 hour ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Yes...no...I don't know anymore. I started a Lan contract, which renewed itself because I don't know why. I got a flag after the first war ended. On the second war contracted to Lan, I got nothing yesterday or today. It ended today, nothing. I started a new contract with Fiel(sp) and checked the map, dispatched, etc. And there was no man to give me a flag yet. 

I'm sure I will luck into the few more I need but was just trying to make sense of this mess. 

Did you participate each day? By that, I mean actively playing and not just dispatching squads that the A.I. controls.

You can enter into contracts that last multiple days, so maybe that's why it seems like it renewed itself.

4 hours ago, fbdbh said:

SERIOUS QUESTION

What about Policy Points? One-third of them are related to War activities. Or can you put points indefinitely into the first two categories? Isn't there a cap?

From what I researched last night, the categories are capped at 99 points so you could just use the first two categories, however I noticed I breezed through a lot of policy points using online wars without even really trying - especially if you have some optimal combinations of policy points to work on like win in battle 23 times, use field skills 8 times and invade enemy armaments 8 times.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I know people here are debating online vs offline for grinding mastery levels etc.  personally I found online to be the most efficient as it helped worked toward a larger number of trophies for me.  Remember that leveling up mastery is tied to a number of battles, not the amount of experience and the online wars certainly fulfill that number requirement.

Either way, two methods have been proposed - online and offline - so people can make their choice for which they go for.  I did it online, and had all the flags needed and the skill mastery trophy in around 40 hours (along with most of the other trophies)  I also tried some of the offline methods but I ended up finding the online personally more efficient.  

59 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Did you participate each day? By that, I mean actively playing and not just dispatching squads that the A.I. controls.

You can enter into contracts that last multiple days, so maybe that's why it seems like it renewed itself.

It was a one day, for sure. I didn't do a battle yet for this new one so maybe that will trigger a flag. Will see when I'm home. 

Thanks for all the responses! I like these types of games but always feel behind. Even more so trying to get things done before online loses viability. 

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Either way, two methods have been proposed - online and offline - so people can make their choice for which they go for.  I did it online, and had all the flags needed and the skill mastery trophy in around 40 hours (along with most of the other trophies)  I also tried some of the offline methods but I ended up finding the online personally more efficient.  

Some good arguments were presented at first but then the debate devolved and got dropped.

Safe to say you are able to get an Orb of Learning consistently as a Single mode quest reward and the Single mode powerlevel gets a character fully skill unlocked in around fifteen minutes, so you do not need to worry about Mastery too much. Thus I don't think losing War mode adds much playtime to the game, you simply have to start building a very specific group from the get go.

On the other hand I've been testing Single mode quest refreshes the whole evening and I'm definite there is no flag given as a quest reward, ever. I'm skeptical the flag could be a random drop either, because the Hidden Treasure etc quests seem to have preallocated treasures, the scroll is always the same for the map and always in the same place, etc. So unless you could randomly get a flag from a Travel TP chest this game will most definitely become unachievable come October 1st. <-- @HuntingFever

If you do not have Flag Collector yet, you're going to join War and fight your guts out whether you want to or not.

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

From what I researched last night, the categories are capped at 99 points so you could just use the first two categories, however I noticed I breezed through a lot of policy points using online wars without even really trying - especially if you have some optimal combinations of policy points to work on like win in battle 23 times, use field skills 8 times and invade enemy armaments 8 times.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I know people here are debating online vs offline for grinding mastery levels etc.  personally I found online to be the most efficient as it helped worked toward a larger number of trophies for me.  Remember that leveling up mastery is tied to a number of battles, not the amount of experience and the online wars certainly fulfill that number requirement.

Thanks, good to know. I'm a bit cautious about everything now, because as much as online is the way to go... I started this game on the Vita and don't have much time on my hands at home, and I'm offline when commuting. So I have to squeeze out every bit of info while I can.

Something i've figured out by trying to get Short sights, if you don't hit the 500 steps because you ended the quest too early, you can make up the difference in your next travel quest. Say you only did 400 steps in one quest, if you do 100 in another you'll be able to go to the capital and get your reward from the Castle. Just in case you accidentally end the quest too early like i do sometimes.

Still no luck getting short sights for me

• Like 1

Got the flags trophy, thanks again for everything in this thread! I also have "Short Sights", so I'm guessing the Platinum is just a matter of time now (main party around lv30, lots of secondaries dispatched for trickling EXP, drafted an Excel sheet for skills, etc.).

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Got the flags trophy, thanks again for everything in this thread! I also have "Short Sights", so I'm guessing the Platinum is just a matter of time now (main party around lv30, lots of secondaries dispatched for trickling EXP, drafted an Excel sheet for skills, etc.).

Yep, you should be good to go. Like the guide says, consider making your own "spin to win" Paladin or a Valkyrie for the Lone Warrior trophy and to help with the bounties.

8 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Policy points are kind of a bitch to get now, tbh. I have 30 to go.

starting a travel quest and ending it allows you to reset your objectives and get new ones if you weren't aware

i found it easiest to roll for steps on a map, and creating grim grimoires and training skills

• Like 1