Circles of Slaughter very hard???

Danine92

Hi,

I can't do Circles of Slaughter..

My friend and me are lvl 50 and enemies lvl 49-52...

They do very damage for us...

We are played all history in normal mode and then, we switch difficult to easy, but is very hard...

How can you complete these  Circles of Slaughter?

Thank you!

• Like 2

The first one you can hide under the stairs where you start the round and you can avoid these corrosive birds and even the big dinosaur wont come there and you can shoot him from there. 

The second one i had no trouble doing it. 

The slaughter 300 i have managed to reache the final two bosses only to get killed in like a minute however when i repeated the round and completed the second wave the game skipped all the remaining waves AND the final bosses and completed the quest. If it wasnt for the bug i would not been able to do it.

52 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Isn't there a glitch you can do to make the enemies very weak just like in Borderlands 1? I believe it requires you to accept the mission with a very low level character (while having your high-leveled character as second player) and just beat it with the second character.

That wouldn't work very well in this instance, because the other player would have to finish most of the game before they would reach the Circles of Slaughter so would be high level anyway. You would also have to turn off the Instanced loot for both player, else everything will be at your level.

11 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

My Moze was spec'd to play with a friend hah so I had a bunch of support crap and he didnt want to run the C.O.S 

https://youtu.be/OEPMBkHV-Oo

that's nasty! but in all honesty I didn't find it too bad doing it without any cheeky spots. 

If anyone on this forum post needs help with it, I'm willing to help. Just shoot me a friend request with a msg about the survival's.  

i did the worse one 3000 alone, it took me over a hour. the very last wave was unbearable. i have all the ammo capacity upgraded to full and was down to my sniper rifle ammo only. but i did it. at the end i hid in the corner to not die and peeked out and shot in the critical circle spots on the 2 bots. so its doable. i suggest doing a 4 player co op. also i did it on level 50

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

I solo'd all 3 of them on Moze, with a crit and splash + incendiary build, and gear that compliments the build but they're certainly much more difficult than what they were in past iterations of the game. If you're having issues, you can always do matchmaking to complete them - only problem there is it's completely random which one you get popped into.

The only one I had to be super careful on was the 3000 on the last wave of last round when the two mega bosses show up on either side of the arena. Luckily each had sort of a hidey-hole area where you could pop out, dish damage and hide again from their nasty firepower.

I'd be glad to help as well though, so shoot me a friend request and put in the comment for the FR you want help w/Circles of Slaughter. I'll be playing tomorrow, and still have time tonight to help.

I did them all solo rather easily using Amara. I built her as a massive elemental with all the health regeneration abilities i could find and equipped her with a mod that puts an electric spike in the ground whenever i do a slam. The electric spike would then damage everyone following me for massive damage especially those heavies. It wasn't even a good mod either her elemental powers just buffed it so well and so many enemies happen to be vulnerable to shock plus i regen health for all damage i give. I posted footage of the whole circle if anyone wants to see it in action (I didn't start using it until wave 3) https://youtu.be/5Hj_NoAmMdE?t=1579

Outside that, you can also just join a lower player because all the enemies scale to the host's level. Additionally you don't even have to be in the game for the fighting you can join a game where it's ready to turn in and that'll work.

Edited by Terarded

10 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@HuntingFever

Oh so this time the Circle of Slaughter is found much later near the end of the story?

Yes, the first one shows up midway through the Promethea campaign, the second is on Pandora when you are about 2/3s of the way through the story and the final one is right near the end of the game.

1 hour ago, Terarded said:

I did them all solo rather easily using Amara. I built her as a massive elemental with all the health regeneration abilities i could find and equipped her with a mod that puts an electric spike in the ground whenever i do a slam. The electric spike would then damage everyone following me for massive damage especially those heavies. It wasn't even a good mod either her elemental powers just buffed it so well and so many enemies happen to be vulnerable to shock plus i regen health for all damage i give. I posted footage of the whole circle if anyone wants to see it in action (I didn't start using it until wave 3) https://youtu.be/5Hj_NoAmMdE?t=1579

Outside that, you can also just join a lower player because all the enemies scale to the host's level. Additionally you don't even have to be in the game for the fighting you can join a game where it's ready to turn in and that'll work.

I think I want to do a Siren run at  some point now having watched a bit of that video.

• Like 1

I did the first two solo on Normal but dropped it to Easier for Slaughterstar 3000. Might want to save finishing all of Hammerlock's hunts for right before you do the Circles of Slaughter as the reward weapon he gives you is really good and scales to your level. I had a level 45 version of it and it was my go-to weapon for the rest of the game. 

• Like 1

i'm going to dread the circle of slaughter. i remember back in knoxx it was nasty you had to do it in normal difficulty and still had a chance to screw up though if anything it's more of a gear problem ><.

Edited by lordguwa
  • Like 1

I haven't tried it solo yet, but I tried with two other friends last night and it was bugged to hell. Two of us were lvl 50 with a good spread of legendaries, the other was 47.

1st attempt:

It felt strangely easy - like the enemies were lower level than what they were represented as - ripped through everything right up to the boss spawn with little fuss. Then the boss spawns (two giant mechs either side of the arena) and halfway through the fight the quest NPC shows up and all waves reset back to the beginning, enemies start spawning again but the bosses stay up. We manage to clear everything but completion resets.

2nd attempt:

Felt insanely hard, enemies were taking twice as much to down, and we had more deaths. Managed to get to the last round and cleared all enemies, but the next wave didn't happen - turns out that a single heavy was stuck slightly behind the wall. We could just about damage it but not enough to push the round forward. Had to restart.

3rd attempt:

Insanely hard again - weird overlap issue where we'd be halfway through one wave, and the next wave would start before we'd finished the current one. At one point, we had three waves going on at once.

4th attempt:

Super easy mode, again, tearing through stuff like it was lower level and on normal difficulty, even though all enemies were 50+. Got to the final round, final wave, killed the bosses. Red chest contains nothing at all for anyone - and by that i mean literally no loot. Quest shows as completed. We go to hand it in, but nothing completes and we can only re-do the quest again/

I think there is something extremely wrong with either the balancing of the enemies / difficulty each wave brings. Or there is a huge issue with how things are reacting to players of different levels. I might give this a shot solo with my melee built Amara next. That or level something else up while it gets fixed. Or perhaps there is an issue with the way the game is syncing three players progress within each round etc.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1