Circles of Slaughter very hard???

Danine92

Good gear is key, but I ran into a problem gear won’t fix. Cistern of Slaughter won’t complete. One of the enemies keeps spawning or traveling off the map (behind the building to the right as you come out of the elevator. I can clear the field in the final wave, and even take out the boss, but the wave won’t complete. The game just sits there at 4/5 waves complete in the 5th round 

I just have left slaughterstar. safe to say this is the hardest trophy in the game - doing solo.

And advice - if you ran out of ammo, just pick up guns they drop. They are almost always loaded with ammo. I didn't know at first, but tried and I managed to do cistern of slaughter because of that.

On 25/09/2019 at 8:18 AM, NeilBefore_ZOD said:

Good gear is key, but I ran into a problem gear won’t fix. Cistern of Slaughter won’t complete. One of the enemies keeps spawning or traveling off the map (behind the building to the right as you come out of the elevator. I can clear the field in the final wave, and even take out the boss, but the wave won’t complete. The game just sits there at 4/5 waves complete in the 5th round 

I have the exact same issue, but in The Slaughter Shaft. Only one I've tried, but will probably leave it as the last thing I need to do. On the whole, this one was pretty straightforward (not easy, but not difficult either). Ironically I was only downed twice, both in the first round! 

UPDATE: Completed The Slaughter Shaft 3rd time (it glitched again 2nd, but I killed myself, restarted the round and it finally didn't glitch). Was easy with 450+ rated guns. Also did Cistern of Slaughter 1st time, aside from an irritating final wave this was pretty easy too, I personally had no troubles with glitches in this one, and gives you SHEDLOADS of money ($500,000 - $750,000...rakks are making mega-dollar). Slaughterstar 3000? Another story. I've tried twice solo and twice in match-making and I can barely make it to Round 3. Might be a case of accepting I will lose a shedload of money and just pushing it round by round solo (I can't boost with any of you, as I'm playing on Xbox).

On 22/09/2019 at 4:05 PM, Killbomb said:

I did the first two solo on Normal but dropped it to Easier for Slaughterstar 3000. Might want to save finishing all of Hammerlock's hunts for right before you do the Circles of Slaughter as the reward weapon he gives you is really good and scales to your level. I had a level 45 version of it and it was my go-to weapon for the rest of the game. 

This is insanely good advise. I should have done The Slaughter Shaft first attempt, had it not been for my above issue.  Gun is mad. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

I did it yesterday solo without problem. I had problem last two days, but then I went on ytube. Guys have some awesome build for Fl4k. I made changes to my skill points, chose fade away and critical hit damage.

Had no problem, beated slaughterhouse 3000 on my first try with this build.

I was literally melting enemies.

Gear was 545 - 565

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

What level was your gear? Mine is circa 450 - 520 and I'm still finding it very difficult! 

How do i check that? Because for me i thought if the gear was orange req lvl 50, i thought that was good ?my shield was orange, and shock damage immune/fully resistant and capacity was 17000 

11 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

How do i check that? Because for me i thought if the gear was orange req lvl 50, i thought that was good 1f44d.pngmy shield was orange, and shock damage immune/fully resistant and capacity was 17000 

Up there above the stats of the weapon there is a big white number. Near the photo

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Ill checkk in an hour

Maybe its possible to duplicate stuff,by quitting through xmb

You can duplicate stuff by saving your game, uploading it to the cloud then go into the game and send it to a friend or a dummy account then once sent or dropped or however you want to do it just redownload your uploaded save and everything's back how it was 

I find it pretty difficult as well even though I switched the difficulty to easy.

Here are my tips:

Only use your special ability when you absolutely need it.

Use grenades that have heavy damage and radius as well as elemental damage on your main weapons.

If you find yourself taking too much damage, run to the other end and try to look for health as much as possible. Know where every loot box is located.

After every round, purchase ALL ammo from the vending machines. You will need it.

Always use 4 different types of guns in each slot so that you have a variety of ammo going with each gun.

Spend your tokens on FFYL duration so you have more time to second wind.

Final tip is: Don't give up.

6 hours ago, Eagle79x said:

I find it pretty difficult as well even though I switched the difficulty to easy.

Here are my tips:

Only use your special ability when you absolutely need it.

Use grenades that have heavy damage and radius as well as elemental damage on your main weapons.

If you find yourself taking too much damage, run to the other end and try to look for health as much as possible. Know where every loot box is located.

After every round, purchase ALL ammo from the vending machines. You will need it.

Always use 4 different types of guns in each slot so that you have a variety of ammo going with each gun.

Spend your tokens on FFYL duration so you have more time to second wind.

Final tip is: Don't give up.

I just used the infinity pistol and chewed through everything if my sheilds got low or broke I put some distance between me and the enemies while still firing the only thing that was a problem was slaughter 3000 and it's just cause on round 5 it kept going through each wave early leaving most enemies still there so by wave 5 I had a boss and several billion enemies (exaggerating) but me and another player got it without too much issue I invited them in at round 5 so up till then was solo

17 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

What bothers me more than the difficulty is the loot. Slaughterhouse 3000 took me more than an hour and I got 2 greens...WTF

oh yeah this was by far the hardest and least rewarding of all the slaughter challenges. I thought that circle of slaughter was actually quite easy but i was using PPB. Even when it got nerfed after patch was still IMO the best grenade i had. I did enjoy the challenge though.

11 hours ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

oh yeah this was by far the hardest and least rewarding of all the slaughter challenges. I thought that circle of slaughter was actually quite easy but i was using PPB. Even when it got nerfed after patch was still IMO the best grenade i had. I did enjoy the challenge though.

I kinda liked the challenge too. But spending more than an hour for this crap while I can kill the Graveward in like 10secs on Mayhem 2 and get a couple of legendaries is just ridiculous.

Update from my previous post: Platted the game. Cistern of Slaughter finally didn't glitch on me. The key seems to be staying away from the section of the map where you can go under the stairs, because one of the bloated rakks kept flying into the building behind there and would get stuck. I did have one do that on the opposite side of the map when I was successful, but I switched to a homing grenade and threw it toward where it was stuck. It tracked, damaged the rakk, and convinced it to fly out over the map again where I could hit it, so that I finally was able to finish Round 5.

On Slaughterstar 3000, I had a weird glitch that worked in my favor. The guy who gives the mission suddenly appeared in the arena with me and started fighting as an AI ally. He even revived me a couple of times, and for some reason, Round 5 came and went without bosses (which was fine by me).

Recommended weapon if you're playing as Moze: The Infinity Pistol. I got this from the end boss of the Proving Ground where you fight all the tinks. If you have that and her capstone skill where every shot has a chance to cause explosive damage, you can keep firing forever and constantly wear down enemies. Also, her skill that allows you to throw grenades while in FFYL saved me a ton of times.

Maybe they'll tweak the Circles in a future patch. The length of time it can take and the number of rounds/waves/enemies seems like too much, especially compared to the Proving Grounds. I'll probably try again with a Co-Op partner at some point as I don't feel like grinding gear currently. I am still going to try and get that final Legendary Hunt reward at Level 50 though. 

Edited by bikeman223

i'm going to try doing them soon. if i don't get the deathless artifact to drop i may go without it. 

have the transformer and alchemist to heal with plus shock grenades.

edit: going to try the arenas. i need to complete this game, the artifact i have now regens health on kill.

edit 2: got to wave 5. made the massive mistake in not putting any points into throwing grenades on ffyl mode going to respec and try again.

Edited by lordguwa