Card Game Trophy

vinostar

Hi guys,

just one question.

im playing FF8 and i hate this stupid card tbh.

Can i do the card game trophy in the end before entering the point of no return?

beating all these CC guys?

I‘ve just beat Brothers heading back to the soldier guys.

i have the card ability btw and i lost the ifrit card for no reason on some random guy.

is this trophy still possible or did i messed up already?

You can complete the CC group sidequest towards the end of the game before the point of no return, but I would recommend that you keep playing and winning as many rare cards as possible. The CC group all use high level boss cards in their decks and their AI is much better than any of the random people you may face throughout the world.

Losing Ifrit sucks because he's one of your better cards, but it isn't the end of the world. The Minotaur card is very similar to Ifrit statistically and makes for a good substitute. That aside, you can always rematch the person you lost to to try and win back Ifrit.

If you don't have many strong cards, note that you can build a very strong deck if you put the time into it. When using the card ability on regular monsters, there's a rare chance of getting a boss card instead. For instance, Bite Bugs have a chance of giving you the Elvoret boss card. And if you haven't already gotten them, there are a good number of rare cards in Balamb alone that'll give you a good hand once you get them. The boy that likes running around in the lobby of Balamb Garden has the MiniMog card. In the cafeteria, the guy sitting in the back at the table to the right has the Quistis card. Headmaster Cid has Seifer, and Zell's mom in Balamb town has the Zell card.

• Like 2