Trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, StylerX01 said:

The employee who did the trophy art probably thought to himself “Eh I’ll just copy paste a random bland image to every trophy, surely no one will care”

Usually this is not the case.

Blame the publisher who didn't provide enough time, care and resources to this. Don't blame the employee who submitted it.

10 minutes ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Since this question probably doesn't warrant it's own thread: Does this re-release make the game canon?

Now that might be the greatest question of all...

Knowing Disney, probably not. There is an upcoming series called "The Mandalorian" that is set before the events of "The Force Awakens" so .. I guess the Jedi Knight series will still be part of the alternative universe sadly.

34 minutes ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Since this question probably doesn't warrant it's own thread: Does this re-release make the game canon?

Re-releases don't count towards canonicity. That doesn't make it a less enjoyable experience though. I hope they continue and bring back a few more classics. I don't think people would find that an unwelcome trend, providing the prices are reasonable.  

Edited by bikeman223

10 hours ago, zadorvp said:

Looking forward to this and Jedi Academy a lot, they were such great games (made even better with some of the cheat codes xD).

The trophy art is horrible (and an even bigger shame that the platinum has no difference from any other icons) and there are some annoying misspellings (Nar Shadaa, force griping) in the descriptions. Other than that, I really like the variety in the trophy list (yay for silly non-story trophies) and I'm glad they at least kept some of the cheat codes (really hoping dismemberments are amongst them!).

I didn't notice those misspellings myself. Jeez, hope they fix those at least :facepalm:

I'll let these things slide for Outcast and maybe Academy, but if KOTOR ever gets that remaster and it's like this then we're going to have a problem. You just can't mess with perfection like that.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Wow, those are some lazy trophy icons. :/ But pretty awesome this is coming. I didn't think we'd be getting anymore PS2 games (how long has it been?). And I never played this, so even better. 

This is not a part of PS2 on PS4. This is an actual port made by Aspyr, and not emulation. But either way, still great to be getting more games from that era!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Playing it right now. I dont see how to activate cheats? Guides for the original say it's in the "extras" menu but there is no such menu in here.

Jedi Master Difficulty is tough so far.

I could have sworn on Xbox you would have to put in the codes through inputs but I might be confusing it with Jedi Academy since I played that more though I remember using cheats with Outcast on Xbox. It's not in the main menu or pause menu?

12 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I could have sworn on Xbox you would have to put in the codes through inputs but I might be confusing it with Jedi Academy since I played that more though I remember using cheats with Outcast on Xbox. It's not in the main menu or pause menu?

Every google result for "Xbox Jedi Outcast Cheats" says the same. You need to enter words in a cheat menu. This menu is nowhere to be found.

6 minutes ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Every google result for "Xbox Jedi Outcast Cheats" says the same. You need to enter words in a cheat menu. This menu is nowhere to be found.

Wish I could remember how I did it on Xbox but that was back in like 2003-2004 and a few years after that I played it on PC where it was just console commands. You're the only one I know of that's playing it right now, since even trying to look up the PS4 version brings up PC, Xbox, and GameCube threads. The only other thing I can think of is you might have to beat the game first to unlock it but since you didn't have to do that in the Xbox and GameCube versions that doesn't seem likely.

3 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Wish I could remember how I did it on Xbox but that was back in like 2003-2004 and a few years after that I played it on PC where it was just console commands. You're the only one I know of that's playing it right now, since even trying to look up the PS4 version brings up PC, Xbox, and GameCube threads. The only other thing I can think of is you might have to beat the game first to unlock it but since you didn't have to do that in the Xbox and GameCube versions that doesn't seem likely.

Just checked out a video of the OG xbox version. The menu is completely different from what is in the PS4 version. I don't know, maybe there is some way to open the console like it is on pc.

4 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Cheers. In my brief search this playlist didn't come up. I expect these videos will receive a nice view increase now. 

Also for what it’s worth I remember the cheat menu being a tab in the main menu for GC. Though maybe you had to enter a button combination to unlock it.

Edited by bikeman223

Maybe you have to complete the game once or discover all secrets for the cheat menu. Im a bit afraid of jedi master difficulty because of the poor controls. This was obviously way better on pc. Sometimes the crosshair moves pretty weird (nintendo style) which gives me the feeling that switch was the lead platform of this remaster/remake and ps4 is just a simple port of it. But graphics are ok and i still enjoy it a lot

16 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Maybe you have to complete the game once or discover all secrets for the cheat menu. Im a bit afraid of jedi master difficulty because of the poor controls. This was obviously way better on pc. Sometimes the crosshair moves pretty weird (nintendo style) which gives me the feeling that switch was the lead platform of this remaster/remake and ps4 is just a simple port of it. But graphics are ok and i still enjoy it a lot

It's also cheap enough that I can't really complain.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

BUYER BEWARE: THERE IS NO OPTION FOR INVERTED CONTROLS

Thanks for the warning. Wasn't going to get this game this week anyway with Surge 2 and Code Vein releasing but now I doubt I ever get it unless they patch inverted controls in.