Trophy Thoughts

My impressions after 2.5 hours:

Overall this seems to be a very minimum effort port (of the PC version I think?).

1. All the UI elements and images are stretched out to fit 16:9 format. Seemingly no work (upscaling etc) has been done to the cutscenes.
  2. All options are very basic. No option to invert controls. Nobody so far has figured out how to use cheats.
  3. There seems to be zero aim assist and aiming feels very wonky compared to any shooter of the last 2 generations. 
  4. You can save at any point but there is no quick way to do it, have to enter the menu every time and then select the save option and so on. Same goes for loading.
  5. Jedi Master difficulty so far is no joke. Enemies do lots of damage and health pickups are scarce. As are ammo pickups.
  6. Performance seems like solid 60fps
Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM
wording
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

My impressions after 2.5 hours:

Overall this seems to be a very minimum effort port (of the PC version I think?).

1. All the UI elements and images are stretched out to fit 16:9 format. Seemingly no work (upscaling etc) has been done to the cutscenes.
  2. All options are very basic. No option to invert controls. Nobody so far has figured out how to use cheats.
  3. There seems to be zero aim assist and aiming feels very wonky compared to any shooter of the last 2 generations. 
  4. You can save at any point but there is no quick way to do it, have to enter the menu every time and then select the save option and so on. Same goes for loading.
  5. Jedi Master difficulty so far is no joke. Enemies do lots of damage and health pickups are scarce. As are ammo pickups.
  6. Performance seems like solid 60fps

Also it seems that you cant overwrite savegames so you get a new savefile everytime you save. After the platinum your savegames probably require more space than the game itself.

I really hope you can do jedi master difficulty with cheats enabled. Would be a good deal if you unlock them after beating the game on any difficulty or when you found every secret. Normally i wouldnt use cheats in a fps but these controls are a mess. Its ok for padawan and easy difficulties but not on hard ones. That was the same issue with Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary Edition.

1 hour ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Did the same thing 14 hours ago, no one answered.

Thanks!

aaaaaand they disable trophies ?

Maybe you can play with cheats till  the end then turn it off cause they said during that "play session" so on final mission i hope we can turn it off and get the trophy for  "jedi master" trophy ?

14 hours ago, Leo_black22 said:

Maybe you can play with cheats till  the end then turn it off cause they said during that "play session" so on final mission i hope we can turn it off and get the trophy for  "jedi master" trophy ?

I think there's a good chance this could work.

I did some testing. I played through the first level  (Kejim Base) with God mode on and using ammo refill several times. Right before the end of the level I deactivated God Mode and made a save. I then loaded that save and finished the level, trophy popped

Just now I tried to get the trophy for killing a non combat droid.

Killed the droid with god mode on = no trophy

Deactivated God mode without reloading save and killed the droid = no trophy

Deactivated God mode, made a save, quit the game, started it again and reloaded the save, killed the droid = trophy popped

So it seems as long as you deactivate God mode, save, quit the game, start it up again and reload the save before the trophy revelant points in the campaign, trophies work. If the difficulty trophies pop is not 100% sure, but possible.

EDIT:

Tried the method described above for the 5 Bacta Canisters trophy, did not get it to pop for some reason. Still unsure how this works I guess.

EDIT 2:

Got it to work, only thing I did different this time was I hurt myself with a thermal detonator before I made the save. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

EDIT 3:

Added restarting the game to the method. I did not restart the game for the bacta and droid trophies though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Has anyone had a chance to see if the cheat workaround still works with the latest patch?

The cheats still work after update. You can turn them on, get to levels end, turn them off and save before level exit and close out the game, reload it and walk out and it unlocks the trophy no issues

Edited by Corrosivescott
added more info

14 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

I think there's a good chance this could work.

I did some testing. I played through the first level  (Kejim Base) with God mode on and using ammo refill several times. Right before the end of the level I deactivated God Mode and made a save. I then loaded that save and finished the level, trophy popped

Just now I tried to get the trophy for killing a non combat droid.

Killed the droid with god mode on = no trophy

Deactivated God mode without reloading save and killed the droid = no trophy

Deactivated God mode, made a save, quit the game, started it again and reloaded the save, killed the droid = trophy popped

So it seems as long as you deactivate God mode, save, quit the game, start it up again and reload the save before the trophy revelant points in the campaign, trophies work. If the difficulty trophies pop is not 100% sure, but possible.

EDIT:

Tried the method described above for the 5 Bacta Canisters trophy, did not get it to pop for some reason. Still unsure how this works I guess.

EDIT 2:

Got it to work, only thing I did different this time was I hurt myself with a thermal detonator before I made the save. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

EDIT 3:

Added restarting the game to the method. I did not restart the game for the bacta and droid trophies though.

I was able to get all the difficulties to unlock using cheats all the way through the game. As long as you save with all cheats turned off and close the game then restart it you can unlock anything when you reload the game up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corrosivescott said:

I was able to get all the difficulties to unlock using cheats all the way through the game. As long as you save with all cheats turned off and close the game then restart it you can unlock anything when you reload the game up. 

Thanks for testing it out! Good to know!

I have a thread about the whole cheats thing over at playstationtrophies.org. I updated it with your info and quoted you.

Guys. All you need to do to unlock hardest difficulty trophy is to warp to Yavin Final from the main menu, no clip to the last arena, hit the killing blow on Desann, save while the animation starts (turn god mode off), reload. *ding* I just did it myself.

• Like 4