Why Overwatch deserves a 10/10 platinum difficulty

Mr_Tenno777

Don't get me wrong. but GET GUD.  honestly i did it on 2 accounts up to hammond and then stopped playing.  my first account took me 2 months to get everything and then each DLC. after a year i made a second account and got every single trophy in 2-3 days without boosting. the only trophy i have only once is doomfist his ultimate one. wich i got by luck on my 1st account....  just practice and get good then it wil be fairly easy.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2020 at 1:13 PM, DivineFoxy said:

Don't get me wrong. but GET GUD.  honestly i did it on 2 accounts up to hammond and then stopped playing.  my first account took me 2 months to get everything and then each DLC. after a year i made a second account and got every single trophy in 2-3 days without boosting. the only trophy i have only once is doomfist his ultimate one. wich i got by luck on my 1st account....  just practice and get good then it wil be fairly easy.

It literally all they need to do. People expect any game they never played before to be a 10/10 it's like someone new to hack and slashes playing a game like DMC 3SE and expecting the 100% to be 10 outta 10 because simply they never played it before and don't know what to do.

11 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

There's something dodgy about the way Rapid Discord unlocks. There were times when I sure I nailed it but the trophy didn't pop at those moments.

I know when I did it, I swore I got it a couple times before I actually did. But it may be just due to the way the trophy unlocks. (4 kills or assists within 6 seconds) due the whole 6 seconds thing it may work possibly by starting an internal timer on the first kill it assist then it doesn't reset the counter until that 6 seconds is up.

Another thing to take into consideration with this trophy it's heavily influenced by delays. So if your a frame or two behind your opponents (which it's an online game can happen) even though it may seem 6 seconds to you it could be like 6.3, 6.5 maybe even just hit 7.01 seconds. The last kill of assist may have just actually missed the threshold.

Like I mentioned on another post though for this trophy, just play aggressively with Zen you should be rapidfiring his orb as much as possible every teamfight. Try to time to earning the trophy when most of your teammates have their Ults saved for a big push on point. Having a decent Sombra/Mei/Zarya teammate too makes alot of the trophies easier in-game as they can can disable enemies that may block your orb with shields, get rid of it through skills, and/or freeze them in place for easier damaging.

On 29-5-2020 at 4:04 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

I know when I did it, I swore I got it a couple times before I actually did. But it may be just due to the way the trophy unlocks. (4 kills or assists within 6 seconds) due the whole 6 seconds thing it may work possibly by starting an internal timer on the first kill it assist then it doesn't reset the counter until that 6 seconds is up.

Another thing to take into consideration with this trophy it's heavily influenced by delays. So if your a frame or two behind your opponents (which it's an online game can happen) even though it may seem 6 seconds to you it could be like 6.3, 6.5 maybe even just hit 7.01 seconds. The last kill of assist may have just actually missed the threshold.

Like I mentioned on another post though for this trophy, just play aggressively with Zen you should be rapidfiring his orb as much as possible every teamfight. Try to time to earning the trophy when most of your teammates have their Ults saved for a big push on point. Having a decent Sombra/Mei/Zarya teammate too makes alot of the trophies easier in-game as they can can disable enemies that may block your orb with shields, get rid of it through skills, and/or freeze them in place for easier damaging.

2 reasons people often think they should unlock this but don't are 
1: they count to slow or fast themselfs. aka they don't know what a actual second is.  or they simply believe they are faster then they actually are.
2: they remove the orb during the death/slightly to soon. wich makes it not actually count. the orb has to be on the target when it dies and only moved after.

The game isn’t easy for sure but it’s not 10/10, it’s really luck based but I give it 8/10 and you can always boost so that’s a good thing, personally I got 90% of the trophies legit with the help of my friend PTOYA, he was using zarya most of the time to help me gather them up and it took some time but that’s how I got most of them, the dlc ones are complete bullshit, I had to boost Baptist and doom fist because no way I’ll spend unnecessary time trying these bs trophies because what they are asking isn’t logical imo.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2019 at 9:41 AM, AtotheMtotheZ said:

I never understand people that play games as amateurs and get pissed off at them. Stop doing it if it doesn't bring you pleasure man, it's not a job.

I agree with this most times when i do my first playthrough of a game i think about whether i could plat this then after i beat the game i look at the list overwatch was a strange case for me since iv been playing from launch and most of the time you just get the trophies while your playing i just enjoy the game and if it happens it happens 

I don't know about difficulty. I'm not good at the game, but I have some trophies that I feel like people who are good at the game should have. I do agree that there is some luck and situation involved with the trophies, but I also feel like many of them are repetitive. "Kill four people in a circle using the triangle button." I think that could have been diversified a little bit. Some of the tank trophies are pretty fun to try to get. But then there's crap like "The path is closed." Are the 11.83% of the people that have that trophy good? Did they boost it? Or did they get super lucky to find enough Symmetra's that leave teleporters in the open? Its just so oddly specific.

Plat difficulty - Who knows out of ten
:dunno: / 10

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 1:32 PM, xmera_core said:

I don't know about difficulty. I'm not good at the game, but I have some trophies that I feel like people who are good at the game should have. I do agree that there is some luck and situation involved with the trophies, but I also feel like many of them are repetitive. "Kill four people in a circle using the triangle button." I think that could have been diversified a little bit. Some of the tank trophies are pretty fun to try to get. But then there's crap like "The path is closed." Are the 11.83% of the people that have that trophy good? Did they boost it? Or did they get super lucky to find enough Symmetra's that leave teleporters in the open? Its just so oddly specific.

Plat difficulty - Who knows out of ten
:dunno: / 10

For “The Path is Closed,” the trophy is much easier due to Symmetra’s rework involving her teleporter being a regular ability, rather than an ultimate, making it infinitely easier to do legit. Yes, people have boosted it as well.

I’ve almost completed the platinum for Overwatch completely legitimately with no help from others, with a few DPS heroes left, and I believe that without boosting, the difficulty is certainly a 7.5/10 in my eyes, because it’s not just luck of the the right people at the right place at the right time. It’s also skill-based in an opportunistic way. Luck doesn’t mean anything if you can’t capitalize on it. For example, I’ve had many opportunities for “Roadkill,” yet I continuously messed it up over and over again, until I finally got it after 20 hours of playing Junkrat. That is why I believe it is understandable when people think it’s a difficult platinum, but it’s by no means a 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...

I did every single trophy legit and have over 1,600 hours in the game, it's not a 10/10 and it's because of one simple reason, Zarya. Making friends with someone who can play Zarya very well or at the very least can use her ultimate ability well enough to consistently capture 4+ people will make 90% of the trophies significantly easier. At the end of the day Overwatch is heavily team based, if you go into it completely solo and with only the trophies in mind, you're going to have a very bad time and so will your team.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I did every single trophy legit and have over 1,600 hours in the game, it's not a 10/10 and it's because of one simple reason, Zarya. Making friends with someone who can play Zarya very well or at the very least can use her ultimate ability well enough to consistently capture 4+ people will make 90% of the trophies significantly easier. At the end of the day Overwatch is heavily team based, if you go into it completely solo and with only the trophies in mind, you're going to have a very bad time and so will your team.

I’ve also done every single trophy legit, and 99% solo (Torbjorn’s ultimate trophy was done with a friend playing Zarya), at around 250 hours, and I can also confirm that it’s not a 10/10, even without Zarya. Yes, some of them are a massive pain in the backside, but not 10/10 worthy. Doing it solo is luck of the draw a lot of the time. You have to hope that your team is good enough to not be completely annihilated, but not to the point of annihilating the enemy team. More often than not, I got placed in a team that gets destroyed, leaving me no chance to even charge my ultimate. Other times, my team killed the enemies so quickly that they never had an opportunity to properly group up and create a possible 4K. Despite that, it’s still very doable, but not a 10/10. As long as you position yourself fairly well, and know when a good opportunity arises, then it becomes a lot more doable solo. If you have a competent friend as Zarya assisting you, then it’s more of a 5-6/10.

Just wanted to update my thoughts about the difficulty of this game.

• 1 month later...
On 23/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

On a backup I got 60% of the trophies (around 2 years ago, now probably closer to 40-45% with new characters) without really trying in around 50 hours of game time, purely for fun. I can't comment on the Platinum as a whole, but there are definetly harder games out there. Just requires mastery of certain characters.

Also, at least Overwatch is actually completable on PS4. The Xbox version is impossible to max out, ever, unless you have played Overwatch continuously since launch. It's not patch-able either, as the Xbox version for some reason includes missable time-limited achievements based on the annual events that if you missed, are locked forever. How quality control allows achievements that can only be unlocked within 1 month, and then become permanently unobtainable, I'll never know (fortunately I don't have Overwatch on my main completionist profile so no problem for me). I'm really glad for PS4 users that they don't have to worry about these trophies.

you can get all achivements for seasonal events every time those events happen you have 3 weeks for them and it sucks but you always have a second chanse in the 1 year window been that way for 5 years still it sucks even on pc

TIL that the season event challenges are achievements in the Xbox version.

Anyway, the trouble with most of the Overwatch trophies is that they're entirely situational and luck based. All depends on what your team and the enemy team are doing. I got both Ashe's trophies in the first game I played as her and there's a nearly 5 year gap between me getting the Pharah ones. It's made easier by boosting or even being in the same party channel as your team so I wouldn't say it's a 10/10.

I'm just glad that they put the ability to earn trophies in quick play classic. I've always hated the role queue/lock system and when they added it to quick play, my interest in playing dipped for a bit.

• 11 months later...