Overdrive Modes

DaveMcDamage

25 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Victor is the best mode imo, especially end-game. You might want to keep Slayer on Tidus earlier if you want to grind for Blitz Ace.

Cheers man.

At the moment I have Wakka, Tidus and Auron all set on Warrior. Been fighting enemies with xp in the thousands so thought this might be more beneficial (especially for Tidus overdrives).

Just got to the north shore after crossing on the shoopuff. Might do some more farming next. 

18 hours ago, RavenScythe said:

Random battles: Victor. With Triple OD from Celestial Weapons, you have a full OD Gauge in 2 battles.

Boss Battles/Arena/Superbosses: Comrade handsdown the best one.

Have no idea what celest weapons are. Victor has been great for Tidus and I use warrior for Auron and Kimihri. 

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's been a while, but Wakka really benefits from one particular Overdrive when he grinds out spheres in the arena. 

Cheers man. 

1 hour ago, RavenScythe said:

Basically the Ultimate Weapons of this game.

Do you get given them? As I mentioned (perhaps in another thread though) I am currently at the save before the seprimorph battle and as of yet have none of these celest weapons. To be honest the weapons are confusing, I get the upgrades on them. But is it more about slots available than what the actual weapons does? Example - Most rpgs run of a level system so you could have the same weapon twice but one will give more power because it has a higher level than the other. I just don't get it in this game unless its only about slots available. And if thats the case should I just sell everything other than the weapons I am using?

35 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Do you get given them? As I mentioned (perhaps in another thread though) I am currently at the save before the seprimorph battle and as of yet have none of these celest weapons. To be honest the weapons are confusing, I get the upgrades on them. But is it more about slots available than what the actual weapons does? Example - Most rpgs run of a level system so you could have the same weapon twice but one will give more power because it has a higher level than the other. I just don't get it in this game unless its only about slots available. And if thats the case should I just sell everything other than the weapons I am using?

No, its a sidequest. You need a specific key item and it needs to be "powered up" so to speak to open chests that contain the weapons. The weapons also start out locked and each item requires a Crest and Sigil to unlock the abilities on the weapon. You may have come across one or two of these crests/sigils already. 

As to the weapons. You'll eventually be able to unlock the ability to customize the weapons that have blank slots. Early on, everything is pretty much pre-set. Depending on what you got, you can probably get rid of most items you're not equipping currently.

You have to find all 7 celestial weapons plus the sigil and stone for each weapon to fully unlock their power. 

Typically speaking the more slots the weapon or armor has the better it is because of how customizable it is - 4 is the max. You may want to hold onto items with several open slots so you can customize them later and sell them for more gil.

Edited by da-Noob123

7 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

You have to find all 7 celestial weapons plus the sigil and stone for each weapon to fully unlock their power. 

Typically speaking the more slots the weapon or armor has the better it is because of how customizable it is - 4 is the max. You may want to hold onto items with several open slots so you can customize them later and sell them for more gil.

Well I am about to crash a wedding so I assume this weapon side quest is given once you can select destinations with the airship?

Several items are available before you acquire the airship such as getting the sun crest/ sigil for getting 0:00:00 in the chocobo race in the Calm Lands. But the bulk won't be available until later in the game. 

Another item you may want to backtrack for is the Jecht sphere in Besaid as it will be blocked by Dark Valefor after you get the airship - it's possible the dark aeon appears even sooner but I can't remember. Valefor is the weakest one but it will be a long time before you will be able to kill him without Yojimbo's Zanmato.

9 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Several items are available before you acquire the airship such as getting the sun crest/ sigil for getting 0:00:00 in the chocobo race in the Calm Lands. But the bulk won't be available until later in the game. 

Another item you may want to backtrack for is the Jecht sphere in Besaid as it will be blocked by Dark Valefor after you get the airship - it's possible the dark aeon appears even sooner but I can't remember. Valefor is the weakest one but it will be a long time before you will be able to kill him without Yojimbo's Zanmato.

Yeah the dark aeon of Besaid already handed my arse to me earlier lol. 

Been trying to get some of Wakka's stuff from Blitzball but not luck yet.