Trophy thoughts?

I8albert

This is ridiculous if true...

Once again we have to go to their forums and make a thread about it. 

EDIT:
Okay, I've created topic here:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43455-around-the-globe-trophyachievement-problem/

If you can, please upvote it for more recognition and speak your mind if you can :)

We were able to make changes in F1 2019, so maybe it's possible with GRID. 

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

EDIT:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43455-around-the-globe-trophyachievement-problem/

If you can, please upvote it for more recognition and speak your mind if you can :)

I already asked about this on their forum and got an answer, but you can't call it an answer since they said that playstation doesn't have that option

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43345-around-the-globe-trophy/

it shouldn't be that difficult to add it, after all our progression is being saved somewhere (we're signed in to racenet)

they just need to make it visible for us

5 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

For those going for Around the Globe, I read a post on TrueAchivements where a user has 31 hours played and his xbox achievement tracker shows just 6%!!

Allowing for some time saved in menus, I still make that over 500 hours to get this trophy!! 

Is the 31 hours from playing career or only grinding for this trophy

4 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

EDIT:

Looks like ill be joining you once again on the Codemasters forums for the 2nd game this year with stupid requirements lol.

• Like 1

I have done some calculations, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

since i started grinding and we have no ingame tracker, i'm noting down my progress on paper

Target is 25000 miles

Grinding track: oval track indianapolis 2,54 miles

car used: renault R26

So this means we need to do around 10000 laps at this track 

(exact number is 9843 but it's easier to calculate with the number 10000)

i have now done 400 laps which is around 1000 miles 

i do around 80 laps in 1 hour so my 1000 miles took me 5 hours

so i need to repeat this 25 times to get to 25000 miles which is 125 hours

this calculation does not include the miles you drive in career or multiplayer, 

it's only for this trophy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mika8276 said:

since i started grinding and we have no ingame tracker, i'm noting down my progress on paper

Target is 25000 miles

Yeah I calculated roughly over 100 hours for this plat. We'll get it eventually simply just by playing and grinding on Indianapolis. 

Personally I'd just enjoy it and once it pops, it pops. ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, mika8276 said:

Target is 25000 miles

I got 9801 laps not including career currently at 2950, you should give a go at the Porsche car it the group before the Renault, much faster can do the 99 laps anywhere between the 60-70 minute mark, depends if you have any minor crashes or not.   

Hopefully they bring a few dlcs out to save a little bit of the grind

Edit. Just looked up the autobarmy trophy from gt6 i that was nearly 8000 miles and that took some hours/rubberbanding. OMG. Might just enjoy this game, do the other trophies and see what happens with this game.

Also devs from other games have changed the requirements on trophies before after release so Is it out of the question that they might do the same here or am i being too optermistic lol

Edited by dannyswfc9

7 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Hopefully they bring a few dlcs out to save a little bit of the grind

Edit. Just looked up the autobarmy trophy from gt6 i that was nearly 8000 miles and that took some hours/rubberbanding. OMG. Might just enjoy this game, do the other trophies and see what happens with this game.

Also devs from other games have changed the requirements on trophies before after release so Is it out of the question that they might do the same here or am i being too optermistic lol

I did GT6 the miles were a bit of a grind but were talking 3 times that amount on GRID lol.

If the list does remain SP only if they release further DLC, then when it comes to the 25k miles driven trophy I think I will just use it as an in between game. Its been years since I played a decent racing game and as this game could fit nicely on my completion profile then I may as well make the most of it. Watched some reviews and it says theres a lack of track so hopefully thats what dlc wlll go towards. 

I think the last time I did one of those drive for X amount of miles was on Mafia 2. Up and down that f**king bridge to clock up 1000 miles because the in-game map measure only around 4.5 miles or something like that. Gah!

• 4 months later...

Just looked at the amount of races including season 1 and 2, around 150 events give or take. I've done 15 events total, and racked up 200miles (not km)

I'll only be a tenth of the way towards the trophy after completing the entire campaign ?

Edited by Turbobuddah
Mathematical stupidity

19 minutes ago, Turbobuddah said:

To be fair i've just looked at the amount of races including season 1 and 2, around 150 events give or take. I've done 15 events total, and racked up 200miles (not km). Reckon by the time all the events are done and dusted including dlc I won't be that far off :)

I have finished the career and about half of season 1 and drove about 500 laps on the oval circuit and I am not even at 5000km driven. Did you change the settings of the career to drive more laps or did you leave it on standard? And even if you finish all career you will be ways of the needed km (miles) driven

2 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I have finished the career and about half of season 1 and drove about 500 laps on the oval circuit and I am not even at 5000km driven. Did you change the settings of the career to drive more laps or did you leave it on standard? And even if you finish all career you will be ways of the needed km (miles) driven

Edited it after I wrote it ? I should probably just stop doing maths altogether

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...