Sinful

Is it worth it?

33 posts in this topic

Is the PS Vita worth it if you already have PS4 and PS3?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be an easy question for you to answer for yourself with the info available. Look at the current library. It isn't getting much bigger. Do you like what you see? Are you willing to pay a premium for the Vita to get a hold of the games here?

 

If yes, go for it. If no, don't. 

Edited by starcrunch061
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware of the information avaliable. Im looking for personal opinions on the actual console as Im unsure whether to get it or the Switch.

 

Thank you for your reply.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but the Switch has a lot of physical releases coming out for it as well that makes it compelling.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love japanese games? Go for it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Love japanese games? Go for it.

 

I actually do. What would be a good price to get it 2nd hand? Any idea?

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yes, but the Switch has a lot of physical releases coming out for it as well that makes it compelling.

 

I agree thats whats got me so indecisive...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is worth it. Have had my vita for over 2 years and I love it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Squirlruler said:

I think it is worth it. Have had my vita for over 2 years and I love it.

 

Thanks for your reply. I think I might just get it, everyone whos replied seems to like it.

 

Also congrats on 666 posts lmao.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akatsukyio said:

 

Thanks for your reply. I think I might just get it, everyone whos replied seems to like it.

 

Also congrats on 666 posts lmao.

Hahahaha that's hilarious, didn't even notice.

 

And good! Look on Ebay. I picked mine up used and got a handful of games with it. Make sure the seller is reputable and make sure it isn't a refurbished unit. I think I paid like 150 for it with 5 games. Also, Vita games go on sale all the time, so you should be able to get lots of games pretty cheap as long as you don't mind a little wait.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Hahahaha that's hilarious, didn't even notice.

 

And good! Look on Ebay. I picked mine up used and got a handful of games with it. Make sure the seller is reputable and make sure it isn't a refurbished unit. I think I paid like 150 for it with 5 games. Also, Vita games go on sale all the time, so you should be able to get lots of games pretty cheap as long as you don't mind a little wait.

 

Thank you for all the help! I think it will be my next investment, Ill be sure to add you when I get it. Maybe there will be a game or two we can play together!

 

Have a great day man.

Edited by Akatsukyio
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Being a vita owner myself, yes it's absolutely worth it if your into JRPGs.

 

 

 

I love JRPGs. Thank you for your opinion.

 

What games do you suggest? In that genre.

Edited by Akatsukyio
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Avoid the slim vita. I bought one last year. It was a used one but i don't think the previous owner had played more than 5 hours with it.

The problem i'm having the last 3-4 months, is that sometimes, even if i'm not touching it, it is like i'm pressing the right D-pad or the left analog to the right direction.

It is very annoying. The vita isn't dirty or anything, i googled it and it seems like a common issue for the slim vitas

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Avoid the slim vita.

This. I have the fat model and never had any issue with it. If you have battery glitch (when the system shows less battery after charging it) just unplug and plug the battery from the board for 5 minutes. It's really simple. Watch a video if you don't want to break anything.

 

If you are from the states, try searching in pawn shops. There are some really cheap Vitas on display sometimes. If you are from another country, try ebay or play asia or any other site that other members suggest here.

 

33 minutes ago, Akatsukyio said:

What games do you suggest? In that genre.

Any Falcom game.

Edited by Katt
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Akatsukyio said:

 

I love JRPGs. Thank you for your opinion.

 

What games do you suggest? In that genre.

Persona 4 Golden and Ys Memories of Celceta since their arguably two of the best vita exclusive JRPGs.

 

Pretty much anything from Falcom lol.

Edited by Whitelightnin683
Add something
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katt said:

This. I have the fat model and never had any issue with it. If you have battery glitch (when the system shows less battery after charging it) just unplug and plug the battery from the board for 5 minutes. It's really simple. Watch a video if you don't want to break anything.

 

If you are from the states, try searching in pawn shops. There are some really cheap Vitas on display sometimes. If you are from another country, try ebay or play asia or any other site that other members suggest here.

 

Any Falcom game.

 

1 hour ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Persona 4 Golden and Ys Memories of Celceta since their arguably two of the best vita exclusive JRPGs.

 

Pretty much anything from Falcom lol.

 

Two people mentioning to get the fat and to get Falcom games... Seems like enough to me. Thank you for all the help.

Persona 4 Im definitely getting when I get a Vita.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of an under-the-radar RPG is Criminal Girls. It has a great traditional RPG feel to it, and if you're not bothered with the silly S&M stuff, it plays well. It's sequel is pretty much the same thing. Both have annoying plats, though.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ys games and Persona 4 Golden are more than enough reasons to own a PS Vita. Well I do still need to get Ys Origins, but Ys MoC and Ys VIII are two games that will give you reasons to love PS Vita. Purchasing a Vita is definitely worth it. Go and reward yourself with this bad boy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you want to start a new AAA game every week, the Vita has plenty of games to keep you entertained for a while. I have had it for about two years now and it's been a fine purchase. I have a used fat model that I bought for a little over 100 EUR. It came with an 8Gb memory card and a couple of games, so it was a pretty sweet deal.

 

That said, if you want to buy games digital then I think you missed the sweet spot of this handheld, because not many Vita games go on sale nowadays. (But if you were a PS+ member for the past years then you should already have quite the library of Vita games.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can unlock more trophies

 

/thread

 

18 hours ago, Akatsukyio said:

 

I love JRPGs. Thank you for your opinion.

 

What games do you suggest? In that genre.

 

Absolutely astonishing JRPGs are exclusive to the Vita:

  • Persona 4
  • Freedom Wars
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta

Other exclusives that I absolutely enjoyed:

  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Severed
  • Monsterbag

Other reasons I like to have one:

  • A second platinum for many of my favorite games (such as the Ratchet & Clank trilogy)
  • Many games are better on a smaller screen (8 / 16 bit platformers are terrible for your eyes on a big screen)
  • Some games have cross save feature
  • Remote play

 

But it's really not that much. If you travel or commute a lot, or you have free time on your hands at your workplace, this will be a rewarding purchase. I bought it in 2015 and use it regularly still. If you're a trophy hunter, then extra yes.

 

The best case scenario is if you've bagged all the free plus games when they were available, then you'd look an enormous indie library.

Edited by fbdbh
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Switch doesn't have trophies = time wasted.

 

Not sure if serious.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lettmon said:

 

Not sure if serious.

 

I kind of get it.

 

Any progress you make with the Switch, will be lost if if you lose your game / console. It will be lost if the Switch fails (your digital games are a hassle to share between two systems), and there is no external progress tracking, such as trophies, so if you lose your save data, you don't even get this sort of permanent record of your deeds.

 

This is really not a problem, because you should be playing for playing's sake, but an online profile accessible from the outside independent of a console, listing all games you've played (preferably with progression) should be a basic, standard feature in this generation, and the lack of this on the Switch is understandably off-putting, at least compared to the Vita.

 

I have a 3DS and all my progress feels hollow, because I know it will be lost forever if the console is lost. At least with trophies, I can look at my history of gaming.

 

Again... it's a question of preference, and I get it if somebody's serious about this. But there are too many great games to miss out because of this.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Switch and the Vita and I can tell you that getting a Vita is absolutely worth it. The amount of exclusive JRPGs and Visual Novels is just superb. The console itself is great as well and makes you wonder why Sony abandoned it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

I have a 3DS and all my progress feels hollow, because I know it will be lost forever if the console is lost. At least with trophies, I can look at my history of gaming.

 

I keep my gaming history in Excel lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.