SelectiveGamer

Is this game good? (recommendation help)

8 posts in this topic

I know there's already a thread in here about this and I already looked at it... but is this game good? Should I get it?

A friend of mine on Discord keeps recommending it to me... 😅

No, its not. 

Boring Story, Fighting, Charakters etc. 

Nothing in this game is realy good...

Edited by ZandatsuRising

I myself absolutely loved the game. Didn't expect anything from it and got it for FFXV demo back then, but fell in love with it.

I thought the story was decent and epic, maybe a bit gruesome for a Final Fantasy.

The OST is absolutely amazing and I listen to it every once in a while (especially the theme song Zero by Bump of Chicken, which is also woven into the story in a splendid way)

While I know that many people despise the combat system, I could enjoy it and didn't get motion sickness from it.

You might want to check out some videos of gameplay before digging into it, to see if the fast paced camera shifts affect you.

I would definitely recommend it, for me it was one of the better FFs in the last decade :)

Edited by JaykVale
Typos~

14 minutes ago, JaykVale said:

I myself absolutely loved the game. Didn't expect anything from it and got it for FFXV demo back then, but fell in love with it.

I thought the story was decent and epic, maybe a bit gruesome for a Final Fantasy.

The OST is absolutely amazing and I listen to it every once in a while (especially the theme song Zero by Bump of Chicken, which is also woven into the story in a splendid way)

While I know that many people despise the combat system, I could enjoy it and didn't get motion sickness from it.

You might want to check out some videos of gameplay before digging into it, to see if the fast paced camera shifts affect you.

I would definitely recommend it, for me it was one of the better FFs in the last decade :)

I'll have to try to search some up on YouTube when I have the time and if they are still there that is.

Okay thanks. 👍

I find the game to be a trainwreck myself, but that's just me. It truly feels like a game that was meant to be made for a portable system but forced to become a console re-release.

If you can get it on the cheap you might want to check it out. I finished it and even got the 100% a long time ago, but I don't even remember one character's name. All I can remember is that it featured anime's obsession with having a school of young kids devoted to becoming military fighting machines.

I played it recently and was very disappointed. The cast is too large for the amount of time each character gets.

Old thread, but I'm nearly done with the platinum and I like it. As the above user's comment suggests, the cast is large and get little to no development. They are simply a means to an end, with each a distinct personality attributed to them, nothing more. The gameplay can be frustrating, but I liked playing with different characters since they  have distinct playstyles, some associated with classic Final Fantasy classes. OST is good. Story is decent, basic premise is simple to understand and everything gets clearer as the story goes on. Overall a good game IMO.

In case anyone cares... I'm officially starting this game for myself tonight. I'll be deciding for myself if it's good or not.

I tend to LOVE Final Fantasy games... so...