Is self-boosting literally impossible?

Today, I went to GameStop and picked up a 2nd copy of MvCi that I plan on returning in 7 days, going to be using it to boost with my 2nd PS4.

I don't think I'll be able to do it before the week ends because in the 4 hours I have been trying to boost, I have gotten 4 matches total done. No matter what settings I set it to, I have found my other PS4 2x. My first PS4 is wired in and the other is literally meters away from the router. We are in the same house. 

Reading other threads gives me dreadful confirmation that this game's ranked matchmaking is a bit of a quirky bitch.

So, anyone who has boosted their way to 10th rank, tell me: how did you do it? Any particular tricks,tips, etc? Because im running out of patience.

It is possible, I did that as well.

The time from Rank 15 to 11 is the same like 11 to 10, since you always get less points, when the difference in the ranking rises .. I guess it was 200 matches from 15 to 10, 100 alone for 11 to 10 ?

I did it in a holiday week mid week around 3 oclock night (European time).

Keep in mind - a loss cuts like 10 wins then 1 win against a low rank ^^

Wish ya the best luck :)

• Like 2

No, it's definitely possible (did it myself). Memory is a bit hazy so you might have to make some adjustments.

You will need 3 accounts:

- your main account,

- boosting accountA

- boosting accountB

Main fights and wins against AccountA. If AccountA is 2 ranks lower than main, use AccountB to raise AccountA's rank (yes, you will have to "boost" AccountA too. The game seems only to match people with same or 1 rank difference).

Set matchmaking to same region and max signal. 

Now here's the important part: To make sure you get connected, you have to start one account the matchmaking process and wait for the squares (while matchmaking) to loop 2-4 times (not sure anymore) and then start searching on the other account. As soon as the first one can't find an opponent, press try again and you should get matched within few seconds with the other account. 

I read it somewhere but can't remember where I got this method but it definitely works (at least for me it did haha ?).

Good luck! ?

• Like 4

The same region didnt worked in my case, so Im not sure, if this works for everyone ^^

I boosted with 1 account and that one was Rank 15 :)

About Matchmaking .. he asks you after a while to stretch the search .. if you do, he searchs more.

Everytime you continue to search by pressing it, you search for one more difference.

So if you press 4 times continue searching, you can even find accounts with 4 Ranks difference :)

5 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

No, it's definitely possible (did it myself). Memory is a bit hazy so you might have to make some adjustments.

You will need 3 accounts:

- your main account,

- boosting accountA

- boosting accountB

Main fights and wins against AccountA. If AccountA is 2 ranks lower than main, use AccountB to raise AccountA's rank (yes, you will have to "boost" AccountA too. The game seems only to match people with same or 1 rank difference).

Set matchmaking to same region and max signal. 

Now here's the important part: To make sure you get connected, you have to start one account the matchmaking process and wait for the squares (while matchmaking) to loop 2-4 times (not sure anymore) and then start searching on the other account. As soon as the first one can't find an opponent, press try again and you should get matched within few seconds with the other account. 

I read it somewhere but can't remember where I got this method but it definitely works (at least for me it did haha 1f604.png).

Good luck! 1f642.png

I'll try it today. 

16 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

@LittleBlueMacaw

Thanks to your info, I was finally able to pick it up today, got 16 matches done. I stopped for now since its 11 am my time, but I ran into 1 person at the beginning and it went well after that, Am now 13th rank, gonna work on it more tonight.

Awesome! Glad it worked! :D

• 7 months later...
On 24/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, LittleBlueMacaw said:

I actually found the guide where I got it: 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite/316426-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post-9.html#post6287433

It goes more into detail than what I have written. Hope it helps. :)

I'm try with this Tomorrow, praise for me xD