Platinum trophies quality vs quantity

JoeTootell

While I've played Terminator: Salvation for quantity, I know I wouldn't go as far as to play Hanna Montana or Cloudy With a Chance for the same reason. Or at all, actually.

So, definitely quality over quantity. Probably, at a 19:1 ratio.

I go with Quality, I only want to play games I enjoy from now on, I have played some of those easy gamerscore games for Xbox 360, and they seemed more like a chore than fun.  I don't care how much platinums I have, if they are good ones, then that's all that matters.

Their is no Universal rule as to what qualifies a quality game bc everyone has different opinions. Personally as for me, like most other people have already said, I plat the games that I want to play whether its a 100+ hour grind fest GTAIV or a 8hr breeze like Terminator Salvation. Now I will admit that I didnt like Terminator but my gf bought it for me so I had to play it.

• Like 1

Who cares?  I'm not going to not play an easy game just because some immature person who is insecure about himself is going to go to my trophy list and say "lol, you platinumed a kids movie game"  It turns out that some of those easy games tend to be funner than games like GTA4 or Max Payne or Vanquish.  Jak, Sly, Ratchet, they are kids games, you don't want me to platinum them because they are kids games?  I play any game.  Terminator Salvation, Toy Story Mania are on my list, I'll tell you what, I had more fun playing those games than playing Assasin's Creed 3. Quality, quantity, just have both. I'm not going to suffer playing through hard games that are boring, just to impress someone who would otherwise look over my account if I had a kids game.  I have really hard games on my list, I have really easy games on my list, so what?  For the most part, I enjoyed every single game.  I do what makes me happy.  If you like the game enough to platinum it, platinum it, if you don't move on, it's simple.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 4

Who cares?  I'm not going to not play an easy game just because some immature person who is insecure about himself is going to go to my trophy list and say "lol, you platinumed a kids movie game"  It turns out that some of those easy games tend to be funner than games like GTA4 or Max Payne or Vanquish.  Jak, Sly, Ratchet, they are kids games, you don't want me to platinum them because they are kids games?  I play any game.  Terminator Salvation, Toy Story Mania are on my list, I'll tell you what, I had more fun playing those games than playing Assasin's Creed 3.  To me it's about quanity, you play a lot of games, and you platinum a lot of games, I'm not going to suffer playing through hard games that are boring, just to impress someone who would otherwise look over my account if I had a kids game.  I have really hard games on my list, I have really easy games on my list, so what?  For the most part, I enjoyed every single game.  I do what makes me happy.  If you like the game enough to platinum it, platinum it, if you don't move on, it's simple.

Dang, dude, it was just a simple question. I have Disney Universe and Toy Story 3 on my platinum list and I could care less about what the others think about it. They were fun as hell!

Edited by Dark Serge
  • Like 1

Dang, dude, it was just a simple question. I have Disney Universe and Toy Story 3 on my platinum list and I could care less about what the others think about it. They were fun as hell!

I know, but I wrote it so a lot of people who laugh at people with easy kids games could see my view on the matter.  It's kind of a pointless question really, what is quality to someone might not be quality to someone else.

Edited by drummerklg

Those two were my big exceptions too out of easy games that were mostly chore.. the toy box mode in Toy Story 3 was addictive!

I know, but I wrote it so a lot of people who laugh at people with easy kids games could see my view on the matter.  It's kind of a pointless question really, what is quality to someone might not be quality to someone else.

...and that's why questions similar to this one are asked; so players can see the different views of their fellow gamers.

Those two were my big exceptions too out of easy games that were mostly chore.. the toy box mode in Toy Story 3 was addictive!

It really was!  :holy:

Who cares?  I'm not going to not play an easy game just because some immature person who is insecure about himself is going to go to my trophy list and say "lol, you platinumed a kids movie game"  It turns out that some of those easy games tend to be funner than games like GTA4 or Max Payne or Vanquish.  Jak, Sly, Ratchet, they are kids games, you don't want me to platinum them because they are kids games?  I play any game.  Terminator Salvation, Toy Story Mania are on my list, I'll tell you what, I had more fun playing those games than playing Assasin's Creed 3. Quality, quantity, just have both. I'm not going to suffer playing through hard games that are boring, just to impress someone who would otherwise look over my account if I had a kids game.  I have really hard games on my list, I have really easy games on my list, so what?  For the most part, I enjoyed every single game.  I do what makes me happy.  If you like the game enough to platinum it, platinum it, if you don't move on, it's simple.

People can generally decide roughly whats known as a quality plat and whats known as a quantity plat, by all means play what you want that wasn't getting questioned i asked the question as a general community discussion. No need to get all caught up about it.

Quantity vs. Quality shouldn't matter when it comes down to why people game in the first place...for fun.  Just because you have NGS2, SO4, etc. doesn't make you a better gamer or anything like that.  Just means that you had fun playing said games.

That all being said, I just play whatever I feel that I'll enjoy.  If I don't, I won't touch it.  Your collection is mostly for you and you alone.  Unless you want to flaunt your e-peen (which doesn't matter) I suggest you play the games you like.  :)

• Like 1

People can generally decide roughly whats known as a quality plat and whats known as a quantity plat, by all means play what you want that wasn't getting questioned i asked the question as a general community discussion. No need to get all caught up about it.

I'm not all caught up about it, like you said, you asked the question, I answered, simple.  And the who cares wasn't pointed at you in case you are wondering, it was at the people who say playing easy games is bad, a lot of those guys around.

Edited by drummerklg

I'm not all caught up about it, like you said, you asked the question, I answered, simple.  And the who cares wasn't pointed at you in case you are wondering, it was at the people who say playing easy games is bad, a lot of those guys around.

ohh right i misread it my bad.

For me it's more of a question of, "do I enjoy the game or not?" It's not about conforming to what the public at large deems as a "cool" game. If I find the game enjoyable the I will make every effort that time and ability allow to get as many trophies in it as possible up to and including the platinum. If it's an easier game, so be it. I play to relax, not for bragging rights.

Edited by Amarouq