Hiding games from TROPHY ADVISOR you do not own

MrBasia

15 hours ago, MrBasia said:

Hello

Lately I am using a lot trophy advisor, it is fun for me to clear from top down trophies there.

But, there are some games I do not own anymore - I do not play on PS3 atm and I sold some PS4 games long ago

First issue I can solve by using filter - PS4 only

Would be great if I could mark those games I do not own anymore, so my trophy advisor would show me only those I can and want obtain now.

While it may sound easy in theory, this isn't an easy thing to implent at all. It would need create a whole new database for each user to add and/or remove games to their list that doesn't take into account trophy lists (i.e a backlog of sorts) and then you could add a filter to the trophy advisor that excludes games marked as 'do not own' on that list mentioned above.

A backlog manager would do much more good than this suggestion, to be honest. It would ease the job of searching through games you want to play next, instead of using the current trophy advisor.

2 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

While it may sound easy in theory, this isn't an easy thing to implent at all. It would need create a whole new database for each user to add and/or remove games to their list that doesn't take into account trophy lists (i.e a backlog of sorts) and then you could add a filter to the trophy advisor that excludes games marked as 'do not own' on that list mentioned above.

A backlog manager would do much more good than this suggestion, to be honest. It would ease the job of searching through games you want to play next, instead of using the current trophy advisor.

It would require just one table with two records - gameid and userid - not whole database :)

But yes, it is not small thing to do, but it is easy...

• Like 1

If backlog would show throphies from backloged games that would be filtered / ordered by rarity ect - then yea, I would manage to manually add games that I own and it would work the same

But it would require a lot more work to add games that I own instead of adding games that I do not own.

One big advantage that backlog have - you can add games that you did not played yet :)

Anyway, is it real that backlog will be implemented any time soon?

• 1 year later...

I like the idea, personally. Telltale's Game of Thrones has been stuck at the top of my advisor for two years, and I cant even purchase this game anymore. I'd like an option to get rid of it ?

Edited by Alderriz

• 1 year later...