All Boss Fights | Tips & Strategies (Spoilers, obviously lol)

rubhen925

Hey guys, it's Rubhen here with another boss thread. For the first game I made a ton of guides. I was thinking of making one for this game too, but I just don't have the time I used to haha, being in college and all. Apparently trying to become a game dev is a lot of work ?

Anyways, this game is a bit more challenging in certain boss fights, due to the fact that most bosses have insane armor levels and can't usually 2 shot you. The game also drains your stamina each time you parry, which I don't understand lol. I never really dabbed into the parry system in the previous game, but in this game it is a necessity. Learn the parries for each boss and know when to dodge away. Some attacks will still hurt you if you parry (which I don't agree with), perfect example is the final boss that can send a shockwave while you parry which can still hurt you....smh. So parry the easy ones, and run for you life on the others.

The hit and run tactics also work well here. Get a spear or heavy weapon, and do a dodge hit, run back, recover stamina, and repeat. This is a viable strategy on most bosses, and I will mention which bosses can be cheesed this way too. Hope you guys find this useful, as I had to spend a while trying to experiment and practice stuff. In terms of weapons, I like the dual claws, gauntlets a lot, because of insane dps potential mixed with the right implants. I will not cover implants as some people might explore more than others and using implant based strategies are pointless. I use on injectable the whole playthrough, which is the health one. Other implants are based on situational awareness.

So yea, after the long intro, let's start.

Here is a video compilation of all the bosses:

Timeline:

1) Nitro - 0:08

2) Warden Garcia - 0:48

3) Little Johnny - 3:25

4) Brother Eli 16:13

5) Captain Cervantes - 19:27

6) Delver - 21:57

7) Metal Armor & Major General Erza Shields - 29:05

8) Delver Echo Alpha - 34:06

9) Brother Eli 2 - 38:30

10) Delver Echo Gamma - 42:51

11) Matriarch Celeste - 45:15

12) Delver Echo Alpha Version 2 - 49:13

13) H.A.R.O.L.D. - 54:49

14) Goddess Helena - 56:58

15) Final Boss (Archangel Eli) - 1:00:44  

Tips:

1) Nitro (Tutorial Boss)

This guy is a total pushover. Basic enemy type with a 2 to 3 hit combo. You won't have access to dodge at this point, so strafe left and right till he finishes attacking. Hit twice and move back. Rinse and repeat.

2) Warden Garcia

The true first boss. You will have access to everything except a drone module. The boss has standard human attacks such as 2 hit, 3 hit combos, jump attack, and sliding attacks. All can be dodged or parried. There is an implant that allows you to see which direction to parry. Use it. It is the most useful implant if you're going for parries imo. He can also summon a drone that shoots you. The most annoying part of the fight, so yea. Just dodge all attack and jab the boss a couple times. Or you can try to parry for more damage. Other than that, not much of a threat. The hit and run tactic works flawlessly here if you're not confident of your parries.

3) Little Johnny

The first wall for many players who can't parry. This guy was super annoying to fight. I had low stamina and health and got clobbered by him several times. I had to farm for scrap so i could level up my stamina enough to be able to take his barrages and still be able to dodge if I missed my parries. The goal here is to break his limbs. His three mechanical legs with armor, and the 4 front pincers hands. For the 4 front pincers, just target each one and then parry his attacks. This is the fastest way to do a lot of damage to them. Hit an run doesn't work here because this guy recovers way to fast for being a fat heap of metal.

He will swipe with his arms, do some weird stomps with his metal legs, shoot poison mist, and spread electric discharge mines around the field. Avoid all his attacks because they hurt a lot. Once you break his front 4 pincer hands, target the metal legs. There's no easy way to do damage. You can use hit and run to slowly chip away at the metal legs till they break. Be careful as the broken legs will ooze poison mist, so stay away. Once you slowly but surely take out all the 7 limbs, he will die. Good riddance.

4) Brother Eli

He is a stronger version of other human enemies. Can do jumping attacks, sliding attacks, and 2-3 hit combos. You can parry him but if you miss he hurts a lot. Hit and run works well on him. Halfway through the fight he will summon enemies and can also start placing turrets. Yea like he needs to to place turrets as well...... Either way not too much of a problem. Attacks after parries crush him really hard, so go for it if you're brave :)

5) Captain Cervantes

Again another human enemy with the same move list as others, but can cloak and drop electric discharge mines. Hit and run works here as well. I suggest using drone modules to stop him from going into cloak mode. Not much else to say

6) Delver

Oh boy, learn to parry people. This fight is so slow in terms of how much damage you can milk out of your weapon. This boss has 3 phases and has a ton of armor and health. If you parry you can shave off a chunk of health each time progressing the fight a bit quicker. If you use hit and run, this could take forever. In phase one, he can swipe his arms to hit you, jump on you, and can dig underground to hit you from under. Not too bad. Just bulky.

Phase 2 he turn into feral mode, and starts running around. At first he will jump onto the walls and shoot nanite projectiles from his body. These shave off health from his health bar. After 2nd time he shoots projectiles he will pounce at you and fall. While he is stunned go and destroy the projectiles before he calls them back into his body. Destroying them will shave off his health permanently or he can recover health. When he is on the ground, he can headbutt you, pounce on you, and swipe his claws. Parrying the swipes can stun him so you can do tons of damage. Rinse and repeat till phase 3

Phase 3 is the behemoth. He gain 2 giant nanite weapons for arms that do explosions after he swings them. Each arm has armor. If you can take their armor off, they go away for a bit before he can regenerate the weapons. This fight is brutal because of one move, the slide. Easy enough to dodge, but he corrects trajectory if you are close to the wall and can come back to hit you. The weirdest move I've ever seen lol. Stay relatively close to the middle and dodge the move so he can't possible track back to you. He can do swipes with his arm weapons, and can also send nanite shockwaves at you. Nanite is a condition status. Once the bar fills up you will take a set amount of damage. Always stay away from nanite exposed areas and stay at full health. I've died way too many times from this status. Don't get greedy here. Parry if you're confident. If you miss it will result in death as even if you survive the swipes, the explosions will surely kill you. Slow and steady here. Hit and run is the safest option

7) Metal Armor & Major General Erza Shields

Another annoying fight. Simple on paper, but the game just loves stacking shit against the player. In Phase one, the boss will switch between it's guns and flamethrower. Stay close enough so it doesn't shoot its guns too much as they gun stun lock you to death. You can use your drones to shoot their ammunition tanks to take them out for a couple seconds, but it's just not worth the time. Do what I did. Stay close hit the legs, and run away. Hit and run works super well. You will take some damage, but you're more safe this way than anything else you can try.

Once the Armor loses health, it will get immobilized on the ground and can't move. Erza comes out and starts engaging you. The armor will still shoot fireballs and cannon shots at you. While Erza chases you. The camera is you worst enemy here as you can keep and eye on both of them so don't know when to engage and when to back off. The best way is to focus on Erza and use audio cues to keep track of when the Armor will shoot. Erza can be parried easily and attacking back does tons of damage. His only damaging move is the jump attack that tracks you. Other than that, parry, hit him back. run away, dodge armor attack, and repeat to kill him.

8) Delver Echo Alpha

Not sure why they decided to show this boss after the original Delver fight, because that fight is 3 in 1, whereas this is just one phase of the original boss. Same strategies, and by now you have way more damage output due to better weapons.

9) Brother Eli 2

Pretty much the same boss with some new elements. There are enemies at the start of the fight, so just focus on taking them out first. He has new electric shockwave projectiles now, so be careful about that. But you can easily use hit and run to take him out. Not too bad. Just be mindful of paralysis as he can take advantage of you being immobilized.

10) Delver Echo Gamma

Again another one phase delver fight which is pretty much the same. Only difference is that the fight takes place in a smaller place, so manage your surroundings more carefully.

11) Matriarch Celeste

The boss is actually very simplistic. She has a bunch of melee attacks, can charge at you, and send some projectile shockwaves. Her jump attacks are dangerous, so be mindful of that. In phase 2 she grow mechanical arms that have weird parry timings. Not much to say at all about this fight. Just parry and attack back. You can use hit and run, but the fight is much faster with parries.

12) Delver Echo Alpha Version 2

Again another solo delver fight. Pretty simple again. I chose to use the delver of the Helix weapon to kill the Delver with its own weapon. The weapon is weak so the fight takes longer for me, but the fight should be simple now considering you're probably higher level and have better weapons

13) H.A.R.O.L.D.

A giant version of the tripod enemies. Remember the first game where the tripod enemies were real annoying. Yea well they are back and worse. Now you have to face a boss version lol. He can pounce on you which i don't know how to defend against. I mean I've tried everything, and I always take damage. I can't parry it either. He can also do charging attacks at you, poke you, and do side swipes, which can be all parried. Parried attacks do way more damage, but you can do hit and run attacks where you side step and hit to chip away. Lastly it can summon holographic mini versions of itself that pounce on you for pretty good damage, so dodge carefully. I suggest staying close to the boss so it cannot pounce, and will resort to melee attacks.

14) Goddess Helena

This is a beefier version of the Statue enemies at Gideon Rock. Only difference is that the boss can power its weapon to do fire damage. It can shoot lasers, hit you with it shield which can cause an electrical explosion, poke you with its spear, hit side swipes, and also kick you. All the attacks except the laser can be parried. To take out the shield use a charged attack to break it. After the shield is gone, parry and attack back to deal some damage. Rinse and repeat to beat it. If you do mistime the parries, the boss does a ton of damage, so you can use hit and run if you are uncomfortable with parries. It just takes a while.

15) Final Boss (Archangel Eli)

The final boss and a tough one. I highly suggest using parries for this boss and it can make it go way easier and faster. Hit and run can work but he has so many damaging moves that it might take a while, along with high health and stamina to make it work. The boss always starts with a charge attack which can be parried but the timing is strict. I suggest dodging to the left or right and then attacking him a couple times. Target one body part and attack it the whole fight. He has armor on all his body parts. Once you strip the armor, he takes more damage on the limb with no armor. I chose the head and just kept hammering at it.

He has a wide array of attacks and they all hit like a truck, so yea. Get your armor upgraded (I used the Cerberus armor), health up, and stamina up. Stamina most importantly if you're going for parries. All his attacks are 3-4 hit combos, so if you mistime the parries well you better hope your stamina can handle blocking lol. When he uses the sword with his hand, parrying can be easy, but when he lets of of the sword and it starts floating it can be hard to time the parries. Instead of looking at the sword, look at his hand that controls the sword. Time your parries based on his hand almost connecting with your body. This worked much better for me rather than looking at the sword. He can also use nanite shockwaves separately, and mixing it with his attacks. So my best advice is to stay at full health so you don't get combo'd or chip damaged to death. With enough practice parrying him should be no problem. He can shoot projectiles that stay on the ground and damage you, so be mindful of them. Other than that, good luck with this fight :)

Hope that was somewhat useful. I'm always glad to answer questions if there are any!

Cheers

Edited by rubhen925
  • Like 4

Wow!

You're so fast! Very impressive! Thank you for your hard work, I'm sure it will help many players ^0^

I just beat the first boss (Warden) and made my own guide. Got my copy just several hours ago.

All bosses, huh. Seems The Surge 2 is very straight forward then. Did you get the Platinum? How would you rate it?

For Little Johnny, you only need to break the cooling tanks to beat him. Two on his body and 3 on his feet. I couldn't hit the ones on his body without locking on which made it more difficult. Breaking the pincers gets you a weapon but it's not necessary to defeat him. I still haven't mastered blocking and parrying so I beat him by dodging and running...lol.  

I cannot parry in this game to save my life. It felt so natural in Sekiro only to be really awkward here. 

Edited by Killbomb

For Delver boss v2.0 weapon Helix of the Delver V2.0 you have to break all his limbs on the thirds phase at least once: 2 legs, 2 arms and head.

I also broke 2 arms on the second phase but not sure if it is needed.

While he is spawning you can zerg his legs.

Edited by Hartgroove