October PS+ Games

kidson2004

26 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

People complain because it does not do anything for them, they have the game already so they basically get nothing, and even the few ones who play it even though they obviously aren't all too interested get a game valued around 20€ outside of sales and down to 5€ on sales, which part of that sounds like a good deal to you? Its like almost nobody wins. The number of people that actually get anything out of it must be really minor, The Last Of Us came out like 6 years ago and its praises have been sung as one of the best games in recent years ever since, anyone who is even remotely interested in that kind of game has bought it, it has been cheap as hell on sales for years, the people who did not buy it are either very new to playstation or their interest in it was so minor that regular sales for less than 10€ were still too much of an asking price.

Over the past year I've been pretty happy with the games I've received, so even if it's a month in which I personally won't benefit I'm just glad a lot of people will benefit. I'm not going to get up in arms over a service that is essentially just a pleasant consequence of having to pay for online gaming.

I mean, I just have to ask - what is good enough for you? Like, what are you expecting from such a service? Sony can never please everyone as it's just not in the nature of the service they're providing. I'm happy if I get 3-4 new games a year out of PS+ because - as I've stated already - online gaming is the primary reason I part with my money for the yearly subscription.

• Like 3

I mean not what i expected, The last of us Remastered i got it last month, knowing this i would have waited but oh well it's a nice Game for the collection indeed so nothing to say it's a Great title for the PsPlus! (I Got it for 10 € anyway, so it's not like i spent too much on it before)

But MLB, seriosuly? I mean i don't dislike Baseball but eh.... Then Give me back Pes 2019, it was better! Especially here in EU.

It's not even a fast or easy plat, damn 150 hours and 8/10 diffculty says the guide. Hard pass.

Edited by Sora9427

Well, I'm pretty happy with the games we've been getting this year from PS Plus.  I was one of the loudest complainers when they dropped the PS3 titles, but the quality of the PS4 games has definitely improved.  Now I finally get to have TLOU.  The Part II shown today was awesome.  

I really enjoy baseball, but probably not enough to sink 150 hours into The Show.  So one out of 2 games offered works for me.

• Like 1

Even though I already played through The Last of Us on PS3, I don't mind getting the PS4 version now.

Not sure what to do with MLB though,. The only thing related to Baseball I ever saw, was a referee hurling on the pitch during a game. Which I guess means the home team loses?

I don't suppose there's a mode where it's just a brawler in which you beat the crap out of everyone including the spectators, with the baseball bat?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

Nothing for me this month I guess. At least a lot of people will be able to enjoy The Last of Us if they haven't already.

I'm fine with sports games but why a sport that only the Americans play?

Baseball is pretty popular in Japan and a lot of central American countries. I love baseball in real life but I don't care for sports games, just another PS+ game I'll add to my library but never play.

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

The Last of Us Remastered and MLB The Show 19 are going to be the games. Was just reviled during the PlayStation State of Play. I’m pumped I can finally play TLOU. 

Ha, damn, wonderful offering.  Of course I played/own The Last of us but damn I JUST bought MLB The Show 19.  Like less than a month go.

Fantastic games though if you don’t have,  Highly recommend both.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

I mean, I just have to ask - what is good enough for you? Like, what are you expecting from such a service? Sony can never please everyone as it's just not in the nature of the service they're providing. I'm happy if I get 3-4 new games a year out of PS+ because - as I've stated already - online gaming is the primary reason I part with my money for the yearly subscription.

Well what I would want is probably not a reasonable thing to ask anymore in this day and age, because I remember the times you would get 2 full games ranging from decent to great and 1-2 indie games each month, and that even without having a PS3. The price for monthly PsPlus has been increased since then, in case you have forgotten about that, while the number of games each month also has been cut in half (even worse for people with both consoles) to make up for the higher prices I guess, so we got 2 big kicks in the balls.

The 2 games that are left now kinda make or break the month, because I was usually happy back then whenever I even got 1 game per month out of it that was fun for me and therefore paid the monthly price back to me in gaming hours as well as actual game value in the store. I hate the thought of paying solely to play online, but thanks to the old game lineups being so versatile I almost was never disappointed with that system, even if I had one month of getting nothing usable out of 4 games I still had tons of free backlog left from the months before.

Now we get 2 games, one usually with ever decreasing value and the other either obscure as hell (not in an indie diamond kind of way mind you) or a straight up screwjob that isn't even half a game until you get all the dlc that will often cost you 50€ plus. I say it again, The Last Of Us can be bought for as little as 5€ on occasion and the vast majority has it due to its age and cheap price, putting that on psplus is basically giving people something by giving them nothing, even if it is a great game that psplus offer comes YEARS too late to bother.

Ideal for me would be 1 big game each month, a game that keeps you busy for long and that is not old as sin like the Last Of Us(and therefore dirt cheap) or already bought by almost everyone(not the absolute most common OLD triple A games), and 1 somewhat acclaimed smaller game, indie game even if they need to. If I end up unlucky and already have both of them or dislike them both, bad luck for me then, but the chances for that would be smaller than with most of the stuff they throw in recently and at least I could see them making an effort, because as I said for me The Last Of Us is basically throwing 5€ the way of a select few people and the baseball one is VERY specific so not too many people would want to play that.

I say it again, I can't really help myself and occasionally compare current months with how great psplus used to be. I remember getting good stuff basically every month I took part in it, and now I have to wait several months for something good because the number of games was greatly reduced, while I also pay more than before. PsPlus for me has changed from a must have that would give you an ever growing backlog of good games you could get back to whenever you hit the occasional month that was not really to your liking, to basically just paying for the online multiplayer because currently I can go several months in a row without getting anything that excites me even remotely. If you are still happy with what you are getting now and consider whatever is given to you as a cherry on top the multiplayer cake you pay for, more power to you, I wish I would be as content, but sadly I am not so I kinda do the monthly "aww another month that gives me zero stuff I will play" post.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

I'm glad that the PS+ line ups have been giving great AAA's the past months.. Like Borderlands, Detroit: Become Human, Batman, and now The Last Of Us. I truly thank Sony for good games since they cut PS3 and Vita ones.

But since lately it's been games that I owned, I'm pretty upset and I'm not willing to play baseball. So this month is time to clear out that backlog. ?

• Like 1

Not complaining about the quality of the games in the past months, but we got to admit these games are kinda “old”. Sure there are critically acclaimed and all, but they are currently sold at 20€ each, thanks to PlayStation Hits.

So, as you might expect, most people already have these games, rather they were hyped to pay it full price or waiting for a sale like Hits. We bought games to sustain the system... so, basically, I’m really disappointed with these. They are great (specially TLOU), but I wanted something interesting to make my 60€ PS+ subscription worthy. I spend “extra” money on physical copies to get a digital version of the game months later? And the second/third games (in my case that I receive a PlayStation Talents game) aren’t that interesting.

My subscription ends in November, I won’t get an extension until a great “Black Friday” sale...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Can’t get much newer than MLB The Show 19.  Released less than 6 months ago!

I’m taking about the Main game of the Month - The Last of Us, Detroit, Batman... I have a 99+ games on my PSN wishlist, not including a bigger majority of games, released physically, I have in a separate list... since January, only OnRush and Horizon Chase Turbo were from that list. Since then, only 1 (meaningless) game was added to my collection, because the other one was already in it... just because it’s almost “New” (like Darksiders III) doesn’t mean it makes my subscription worthy... it just augments my Download list of Meh Games...

Very happy with MLB was looking to pick it up soon and now I'm glad I waited a little, can also trade in TLOU now I'll have it on Plus, great month.

1 hour ago, Red-River13 said:

Sports games are jokes.

Just cause you don't have an interest in them, doesn't mean they're jokes. Is there any reason why you will never play TLOU? Just curious why you said you never will even if it's free

Already own TLoU but glad it’s being released free. Hopefully this means it’ll be easier to boost the game now that many more will own it.

Not too sure I’ll be adding MLB, this might be a rare month I’m not interested in any offerings.