October PS+ Games

kidson2004

18 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's sold about 20m copies. There have been around 190m PS3/PS4 sales, so it's closer to 90%.

The game sold around 18 million copies across both platforms and many PS3 owners also own a PS4 and vice versa. You better stop dropping random numbers if you're unaware of the actual facts. That's the shit where fake news come from. And on a side note, I didn't play the game yet, simply because I didn't care. Naughty Dog simply don't make games that suit my taste.

Just now, El Duderino said:

The game sold around 18 million copies across both platforms and many PS3 owners also own a PS4 and vice versa. You better stop dropping random numbers if you're unaware of the actual facts. That's the shit where fake news come from. And on a side note, I didn't play the game yet, simply because I didn't care. Naughty Dog simply don't make games that suit my taste.

Well that's unusually defensive. Why has it bothered you so much that I wasn't spot-on with my numbers?

This is the closest estimate we can make because there's no way of knowing how much overlap there is between PS3 and PS4 users.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

I like how before US Players complained so much About PES that it got removed for Detroit while EU Players were fine with it; now they want this not to Change and are EU players complaining i wanna see if they'll actually change it or not, my bet is no....

I don’t think that was the reason it got removed. There’s been big complaints before, like the Edith Finch month.

4 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

I don’t think that was the reason it got removed. There’s been big complaints before, like the Edith Finch month.

Who knows, nobody know the real reason in the end; remember that when there was Edith Finch it was still 6 Games not 2 per Month.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

EU players complaining

for the record: I'm south american and I don't like neither PES nor "Oh! That's a Baseball!".

But it's clear that EU is the most triggered people. The video on youtube has 200 more dislikes and all the comments are disapproval ones. I had to scroll a lot just to see a "good month" comment. Sports games are not for everyone. Every region has their own favorite. That's why they should:

1- See what is the most loved one in a region and throw a game based on that sport in that region and only in that region.

2- Avoid sports games at all (yeah, this one is better)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AtotheMtotheZ said:

why would you give baseball to EU? Jesus Christ..

Should give Europeans cricket, lol,  I think there is. An actual game for it anyway?

2 hours ago, majob said:

That's in terms of television ratings but in terms of live game attendance, Baseball is number one. 

Ha, are you really comparing a 162 game season to a 16 game season to show that it has more live attendance?

9 hours ago, JSVilleneuve said:

What confuses me is... Wasn't PES pulled out a few months back for being to a very specific crowd? At least that was the excuse... 

I wish that had never been pulled.  They need to mix up genres and sports games have been woefully underrepresented in PS Plus offerings.  

I know all the Indie shovelware/platformers don’t appeal to a large percentage of people and they kept spamming us with those.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 6:54 AM, Neef-GT5 said:

After Batman Arkham Knight, we get The Last Of Us and yet you still have a shitload of people bitching around about how PS+ sucks... Why don’t you guys just quit with PlayStation and go play elsewhere? If you’re not happy with recent lineups then it’s likely you never will be...

Rightfully so, when you take the time to actually think and consider the reality and facts, rather than being submissive to premature thoughts of the month's lineup being good amazing purely because one of the two games so happens to specifically be The Last of Us. This is objectively one of the weaker months as of late. You're only defending the lineup and complaining about people complaining purely because 1/2 of the lineup consist of a (old) quality AAA game, and nothing else. I already partially described why this month isn't impressive or amazing. In terms of single game comparisons alone, The Last of Us Remastered pales in comparison to September's Batman Arkham City, August's Wipeout Omega Collection, July's Detroit Become Human, June's Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, May's What Remains of Edith Finch, April's The Surge, March's Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered—and given I very well made my point already I'll willingly stop here—because all these other quality games (in some cases collections of multiple games/DLC packs mind you) have been out far less time and potentially all put on less sales than TLOUR, which doesn't even include how TLOUR has also been generally cheaper than all those games listed above. Moreover, that's all without even naming the second game in these months' lineups, which can easily be argued to be better than this month's linenup.

This month is practically a filler month with precisely how old and accessible TLOUR has been since its release in 2014 and with the type of genre game MLB is. Unlike other people, i'm not going to actually downplay MLB as a game (sport games are good and fun games too)... but it's not going to be as appealing as your typical AAA or certain indie games (Unravel, Journey, INSIDE, Dust, Shantae, Iconoclaust, The Transistor, etc, not stuff like TorqueL, Starwal, etc) Unfortunately, the best part about this month's lineup is that 1/2 games actually matches what the world would consider the theme of this month because of the big holiday that exist within it.

Edited by EcoShifter

Yeah, even though I have both games I am more excited about this month than 90% of the PS Plus months.  Bodes well for the future.

The Show is a universally critically acclaimed AAA game only 6 months after release.  And 90% is pretty easy, just 1 difficult gold trophy.

The Last of Us while old is a masterpiece.  And there are many who never played it and will get a whole new experience.

I never played any of the Batman series (not really into superheroes) so was excited to get Arkham Knight.  I did get Spider-man on a sale but have yet to play that and that one comes first but hope to play both eventually.

4 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

After Batman Arkham Knight, we get The Last Of Us and yet you still have a shitload of people bitching around about how PS+ sucks... Why don’t you guys just quit with PlayStation and go play elsewhere? If you’re not happy with recent lineups then it’s likely you never will be...

Wasn't the reason mentioned few times already? It's 5 years on the PS store and was regularly given at low price, so most of the players that wanted it, have it already and most of who doesn't want it, aren't interested. Though i suppose that with TLoU 2 coming in February, TLoU:R here was to be expected.

Cheers for people wanting to play the game and getting the occassion though.

I'm pretty excited about TLOU. I might be the only person who has never played it. I'm less excited about MLB 19, because again, I might be the only person who wants an indie title to complement the AAA title each month.

6 hours ago, majob said:

That's in terms of television ratings but in terms of live game attendance, Baseball is number one. 

Further, baseball is a boon for local stations. The Cubs preempt pretty much anything here in Iowa, because people want to watch them.

Baseball no longer has the national appeal that it once had, but it still works just fine on a revenue level. Hell, with the large number of day games, it doesn't even cost much to run the stadium for its 81(!) home games each year.

Edited by starcrunch061

This is a great opportunity for new PlayStation 4 owners to play those games. Remember when Black Ops 3 was given free at start of vacation? Many players who didn't had this game suddenly many more players played multiplayer and Zombie mode had every DLC free download for short time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Further, baseball is a boon for local stations. The Cubs preempt pretty much anything here in Iowa, because people want to watch them.

Baseball no longer has the national appeal that it once had, but it still works just fine on a revenue level. Hell, with the large number of day games, it doesn't even cost much to run the stadium for its 81(!) home games each year.

Agree, baseball is much more a regional/local sport than a national one at this point.  Lots of people watch many of their team's (Yankees, Cubs, Nationals, etc.) games and know their team very well but seldom watch national broadcasts.  This is similar to the NHL in many ways - fans tend to watch/follow only their team closely. Whereas the NFL is as national as it gets.

Two things working against baseball  - 1) average age of the baseball fan is something like 55 which is insanely high.  Those people are not getting replaced with the younger crowd.  2) Baseball is fine at the ballpark but it translates horribly to TV.  Just too slow and long, and because the length of the season, each individually game means nothing.  Playoff baseball is more interesting but with all of the pitching changes because of the high stakes, each game can last nearly 5 hours!