October PS+ Games

kidson2004

16 minutes ago, DieHardDavidN said:

I’m sure a lot more people that have no interest in playing MLB 19 wouldn’t mind so much if it had a fast/easy Platinum 1f61c.png

Anyway, a smarter option would have been to let the US have MLB and EU to have PES next month.

Being how I already bought MLB, I want PES in the US.  I am still disappointed that they switched that out last minute.  Detroit: Become Human is a great game but I had already platted it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djb5f said:

Ha, are you really comparing a 162 game season to a 16 game season to show that it has more live attendance?

Length of the season aside, more people attend a baseball game on average than they will a football or basketball game. A few things are in baseball's favor though like the cheaper cost of tickets compared to the other two leagues.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

platinum'd it on ps3, will nab the ps4 version but not really sure if i want to go through it again, thankfully online doesn't need to be boosted but still takes some time. however i did have some fun on the ps3 online, but in the beginning it was hell due to people getting on the mic or/and sending hate messages, right in my very first match never having played it before and generally don't play much online either. 

i did like the game, thought it was more entertaining than uncharted which never really clicked with me. 

Well my boyfriends looking forward to MLB. So that’s good in my book. 

Otherwise TLoU has been out for years and on sale so much I’m shocked so many don’t have it here. Going to guess overall that the number is really low of people who don’t own it that actually grab it though. Most probably had no interest in it from the get-go that don’t own it.

3 hours ago, majob said:

Length of the season aside, more people attend a baseball game on average than they will a football or basketball game. A few things are in baseball's favor though like the cheaper cost of tickets compared to the other two leagues.

Am I missing something? Are you saying the attendance at a baseball game on average is higher than that compared to an NFL game? Last year, 28 of the 32 NFL teams had a 90% or higher rate of attendance, compared to baseball that only had 4 out of 30 have a 90% or higher rate of attendance. The only thing baseball beats the NFL at attendance wise is the total number of people attending over the year, because they have about 83 or so more home games than the NFL.

I am really looking forward to playing The Show, and I really hope they don't remove it because everyone thinks 'Only Americans play the sport'... Nani!?!? 

27 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Am I missing something? Are you saying the attendance at a baseball game on average is higher than that compared to an NFL game? Last year, 28 of the 32 NFL teams had a 90% or higher rate of attendance, compared to baseball that only had 4 out of 30 have a 90% or higher rate of attendance. The only thing baseball beats the NFL at attendance wise is the total number of people attending over the year, because they have about 83 or so more home games than the NFL.

I am really looking forward to playing The Show, and I really hope they don't remove it because everyone thinks 'Only Americans play the sport'... Nani!?!? 

The MLB is the 3rd most popular sport in the US at least. 

On 9/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, Tetho_mig said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

People used to complain that every new month was a new "worst PS+ game" when the PS+ games were mainly "ugly pixelart indie games" and were asking for AAA games. Alright, be it. And now that we have a AAA like Modern Warfare, Detroit, Borderland, Batman Arkham Knights or Darksiders III, the same people are complaining that every month is the new worst month ever because they already bought the game at release. Well, of course they have, those are some of the best-selling games on the market, obviously a lot of gamers will already have it.
They could give AAA games like Death Stranding or TLOU2 on the day of release, those people would still find reasons to complain that they do not cater to their bloody tastes.

It's because we're spoiled.

The fact that everything and anything entertainment wise can be downloaded, live streamed and bought online leaves no room for excuses regarding games, movies, television shows or whatever the fuck people are into.

If this was last year, I would agree with some of the posts here. Until this summer I took a stance that Sony was charging more for PS Plus while leaving out less selections of games being offered.

But these past few months I have taken a different stance on the whole subject.... and most of these complaints people are posting here are completely unwarranted and pathetic. 

===

The Last of Us Remastered: Taking an older game from last gen and being made remastered when virtually every guy here has played it isn't a good choice for PS Plus.

Batman: Arkham Knight: Still need to pay for all that DLC. That I can agree with people complaining, because you have to pay money for it. Then of course people complain in the base game that Brutality 101 is too difficult of a trophy and they don't like the Batmobile.

Darksiders III: People say they didn't like the game as opposed to the older ones. Then don't get it.

MLB the Show 2019: Decades ago baseball was the most popular sport in America. Today that honor goes to American Football, because I know Europeans will refer to Soccer as Football.

Too irrelevant and too random of a choice. I can agree with it being random because I don't recall any other baseball game from Sony San Diego that was one of the free games on PS Plus. But considering that this is a company owned by Sony, I'm not surprised in the least.

Borderlands 2: Too old a game to be listed on the Plus offerings. Main complaint I've heard.

===

If Sony threw in a whole bunch of indie games that were obscure then I could see the complaints having some merit and substance. But this goes back to one simple fact: You can't please everyone.

We have more video games than ever before, more choices than ever before, more freedom of choice than you can point a finger at, more leeway to find deals on games for cheaper prices, etc etc etc.

I basically just see self entitlement and bitching about shit because nobody in this world anymore can be humble with what they have.

I miss the days of the late 1990s and early 2000s when kids and young adults would go out, rent games and be complacent with what they had. What happened is the internet became mainstream and now it's common to have thousands of games, movies and shows all stored on computers we own.

This self entitlement makes me fucking sick. As much as I criticize Sony at times, I have to criticize us gamers because we've become too spoiled and whiny about shit. Being complacent and humble just aren't things you don't see too often anymore.

• Like 4

Haven't played TLOU yet. I was planning to do the PS3 version before the servers went down, but had a major setback that prevented me from doing that. I was planning on buying the physical version later down the road but it's nice of them to offer it as a PS+ offer. My fiancée was actually looking forward to playing it so she might give it a chance before me.

As for MLB...well, haven't played a baseball game since RBI Baseball on the NES: Man, those were fun. I know modern titles are nothing like it lol but, oh well, add it to the download list. Definitely not a game I can see myself playing, though. ?

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

This self entitlement makes me fucking sick. As much as I criticize Sony at times, I have to criticize us gamers because we've become too spoiled and whiny about shit. Being complacent and humble just aren't things you don't see too often anymore.

Im not spoiled for something i pay, if i pay i want return in investement, end of story.

I'll grab MLB 19, always have preferred baseball over other sports. I generally like the Show games and have platinum a few of them. Don't know if I would go for the plat for 19 because of the one online trophy that requires quite a bit of work. That don't mean I couldn't still enjoy it. 

Already have TLOU remastered and maybe I should get in and try to finish the MP. I know a lot of people are crazy over the TLOU of personally I would take the uncharted games over TLOU.

7 hours ago, SKyZoX9 said:

Im not spoiled for something i pay, if i pay i want return in investement, end of story.

So does everyone else. 

But you’re getting such games readily available by paying a yearly fee on the service. 

If this was small indie games then sure, such games are usually too niche. 

People don’t like baseball. Okay, fair. People are disgusted that a game that’s been out five+ years will be offered next month that virtually everybody has played. 

After a while I just see no real value in these complaints. They bitched about indie games, now these same people are bitching about these AAA games. 

Darksiders 3 just isn’t enough. Give me a break.

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

It's because we're spoiled.

The fact that everything and anything entertainment wise can be downloaded, live streamed and bought online leaves no room for excuses regarding games, movies, television shows or whatever the fuck people are into.

If this was last year, I would agree with some of the posts here. Until this summer I took a stance that Sony was charging more for PS Plus while leaving out less selections of games being offered.

But these past few months I have taken a different stance on the whole subject.... and most of these complaints people are posting here are completely unwarranted and pathetic. 

===

The Last of Us Remastered: Taking an older game from last gen and being made remastered when virtually every guy here has played it isn't a good choice for PS Plus.

Batman: Arkham Knight: Still need to pay for all that DLC. That I can agree with people complaining, because you have to pay money for it. Then of course people complain in the base game that Brutality 101 is too difficult of a trophy and they don't like the Batmobile.

Darksiders III: People say they didn't like the game as opposed to the older ones. Then don't get it.

MLB the Show 2019: Decades ago baseball was the most popular sport in America. Today that honor goes to American Football, because I know Europeans will refer to Soccer as Football.

Too irrelevant and too random of a choice. I can agree with it being random because I don't recall any other baseball game from Sony San Diego that was one of the free games on PS Plus. But considering that this is a company owned by Sony, I'm not surprised in the least.

Borderlands 2: Too old a game to be listed on the Plus offerings. Main complaint I've heard.

===

If Sony threw in a whole bunch of indie games that were obscure then I could see the complaints having some merit and substance. But this goes back to one simple fact: You can't please everyone.

We have more video games than ever before, more choices than ever before, more freedom of choice than you can point a finger at, more leeway to find deals on games for cheaper prices, etc etc etc.

I basically just see self entitlement and bitching about shit because nobody in this world anymore can be humble with what they have.

I miss the days of the late 1990s and early 2000s when kids and young adults would go out, rent games and be complacent with what they had. What happened is the internet became mainstream and now it's common to have thousands of games, movies and shows all stored on computers we own.

The only things that matters at this moment are the objectively valid points and ones related to this month's lineup, which is indeed disappointing, because it only takes one half of something to be considered so. (The MLB half is the good one.) The indie vs AAA argument is completely nonsensical, as the thing that matters is quality and fair monthly distribution between both of them. Indies aren't always inferior to AAA, and indies aren't as commonly superior and dominant to AAA nowadays that AAA haters like to make them seem.

Of the games you actually listed, only TLOUR's, part of Batman's,and part of MLB's are actually valid. TLOUR because it's an underwhelming and disappointing choice for various reasons (some of which has both been said in this topic and have not); Batman because SIE aren't obligated to give PS+ owners the DLC for free from every game they put in the IGC that has DLC, and it's literally inevitable that some games given will have DLC (making the complaints both stupid and unfair at the exact sametime. Indirectly supporting the ideal that the games given should only be non-DLC based games is simply stupid); and MLB19 because at the end of the day it's still a good quality game, regardless of lack of personal interest, that rationally cannot be downplayed in (offering) quality. As for the mentioning of Borderlands 2, the whole Handsome Collection was actually given out, not just Bl2, which also devalues the complaint as people were being given a collection consisting of two games (and all their main DLC). Going back to TLOUR, it's technically older than all these games, which contributes to why TLOUR is in actual reality not a good game this month other than being a generally quality game solely, its only pro.

I already listed some examples of months where the games given were better for being on the market for a lesser time and being in less sales all than TLOUR. Another great example includes the month Just Cause 3 was given. Not even 3yrs after after launch.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

So does everyone else. 

But you’re getting such games readily available by paying a yearly fee on the service. 

If this was small indie games then sure, such games are usually too niche. 

People don’t like baseball. Okay, fair. People are disgusted that a game that’s been out five+ years will be offered next month that virtually everybody has played. 

After a while I just see no real value in these complaints. They bitched about indie games, now these same people are bitching about these AAA games. 

Darksiders 3 just isn’t enough. Give me a break.

The probleme with Ps plus or even Xbox Live is that it gives you 2 games per mouthn wheter or not you have the game, in my case i didnt have a SINGLE INTERESTING GAME SINCE APRIL, and its unnacceptable. Either i have it or its just plain bad. so i paid for a service and being unsatisfied with that isnt being spoiled, its my right.

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

The only things that matters at this moment are the objectively valid points and ones related to this month's lineup, which is indeed disappointing, because it only takes one half of something to be considered so. (The MLB half is the good one.) The indie vs AAA argument is completely nonsensical, as the thing that matters is quality and fair monthly distribution between both of them. Indies aren't always inferior to AAA, and indies aren't as commonly superior and dominant to AAA nowadays that AAA haters like to make them seem.

This year has been better than last year. Last year had a number of indie games that hardly anybody knew about, which is why so many people bitched about them. This year in comparison has offered better AAA games.

Of course there are gems like Velocity 2X, Furi, Transistor that are worthwhile and I recommend them to anybody who likes indies. But for everyone else, indies typically aren’t games the masses are going to try. 

In the near future a game like Day’s Gone will be available, and people will still bitch about it. That’s my problem. 

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Of the games you actually listed, only TLOUR's, part of Batman's,and part of MLB's are actually valid. TLOUR because it's an underwhelming and disappointing choice for various reasons (some of which has both been said in this topic and have not); Batman because SIE aren't obligated to give PS+ owners the DLC for free from every game they put in the IGC that has DLC, and it's literally inevitable that some games given will have DLC (making the complaints both stupid and unfair at the exact sametime. Indirectly supporting the ideal that the games given should only be non-DLC based games is simply stupid); and MLB19 because at the end of the day it's still a good quality game, regardless of lack of personal interest, that rationally cannot be downplayed in (offering) quality. As for the mentioning of Borderlands 2, the whole Handsome Collection was actually given out, not just Bl2, which also devalues the complaint as people were being given a collection consisting of two games (and all their main DLC). Going back to TLOUR, it's technically older than all these games, which contributes to why TLOUR is in actual reality not a good game this month other than being a generally quality game solely, its only pro.

The only point I agree with you with is The Last of Us Remastered. 

Again this goes back to people here not being complacent with what’s being offered. I think Detroit: Become Human and Darksiders III were both good choices.

I referred to Borderlands 2 as being the most popular. That is technically the oldest game, not The Last of Us. 

There’s no excuse for most of these complaints. People freak out over one subpar month of PS Plus. Then there are others who don’t care, because they’re subscribed to Plus primarily to play online.

55 minutes ago, SKyZoX9 said:

The probleme with Ps plus or even Xbox Live is that it gives you 2 games per mouthn wheter or not you have the game, in my case i didnt have a SINGLE INTERESTING GAME SINCE APRIL, and its unnacceptable. Either i have it or its just plain bad. so i paid for a service and being unsatisfied with that isnt being spoiled, its my right.

So none of the AAA games that have been offered these past few months catered to your interests?

Compared to last year, the offerings have been better. The only real bad thing is the removal of the PS3/Vita lineup and the lack of VR games being shown. Sony can tap into that market and do pretty well on it.

Edited by Spaz

14 hours ago, SKyZoX9 said:

Well.....I mean 1 month and you basically get your money back. PS+ is a subscription service. If you play online (which i can see you have) that is what you are initially paying for. The free games are an added bonus and yes a bit of a gamble.

Seriously you all complain too much for 80 bucks a year.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Well.....I mean 1 month and you basically get your money back. PS+ is a subscription service. If you play online (which i can see you have) that is what you are initially paying for. The free games are an added bonus and yes a bit of a gamble.

Seriously you all complain too much for 80 bucks a year.  

Lmao the "free" games are part of the subscription plan and they're also included in the price, they're not an added bonus they're part of why people buy PS+ subscriptions. Whether 80 bucks or 8 bucks, is irrelevant, it's a matter of principle, people don't like getting scammed which is essentially what this service is.