October PS+ Games

kidson2004

2 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Lmao the "free" games are part of the subscription plan and they're also included in the price, they're not an added bonus they're part of why people buy PS+ subscriptions. Whether 80 bucks or 8 bucks, is irrelevant, it's a matter of principle, people don't like getting scammed which is essentially what this service is.

like i said in my first sentence you get your money back and then some with all the games.  Id hardly call that a scam. They are providing what is advertised.

They have given some great games this year. whether you already own them or not is irrelevant.

Anyway it doesn't matter all this will repeated next month :P

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

So none of the AAA games that have been offered these past few months catered to your interests?

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Every appealing game i already owned, most sad thing was borderlands mounth when i bought on sale 5 days before it goes free. Same for darksiders 3. This model needs a change is too rigid to the consumer.

7 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Well.....I mean 1 month and you basically get your money back. PS+ is a subscription service. If you play online (which i can see you have) that is what you are initially paying for. The free games are an added bonus and yes a bit of a gamble.

Seriously you all complain too much for 80 bucks a year.  

And literrally no one sub for ps plus just for online, the online trophies are just a burden for me, i didnt pay for the online only the free games are insight too.

27 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Literally everyone I know in real life that has Plus only has Plus for the online.

Good for them, im not paying that much to play online, it doesnt take that much money per consumer to make the servers stable. The free games are not a bonus they are part of the deal.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

This year has been better than last year. Last year had a number of indie games that hardly anybody knew about, which is why so many people bitched about them. This year in comparison has offered better AAA games.

Of course there are gems like Velocity 2X, Furi, Transistor that are worthwhile and I recommend them to anybody who likes indies. But for everyone else, indies typically aren’t games the masses are going to try. 

In the near future a game like Day’s Gone will be available, and people will still bitch about it. That’s my problem. 

The only point I agree with you with is The Last of Us Remastered. 

Again this goes back to people here not being complacent with what’s being offered. I think Detroit: Become Human and Darksiders III were both good choices.

I referred to Borderlands 2 as being the most popular. That is technically the oldest game, not The Last of Us. 

There’s no excuse for most of these complaints. People freak out over one subpar month of PS Plus. Then there are others who don’t care, because they’re subscribed to Plus primarily to play online.

That's an extremely bold claim considering they were still giving out 6+ games during that entire year. That's not a part of what im mainly arguing, though, so I won't argue against that.

However, indies are popular enough to be factored in, especially in current times where AAA games have become "stale and samey"...?

If Days' Gone is put as quickly or quicker than when Just Cause 3 and CoD:MWR were, then it'll automatically be a great giveaway.

That may be the only part you agree with, but everything said there is true.

Yes, those two are also good games.

Because technically the Handsome Collection is actually its own separate release from Borderlands 2 and did so after The Last of Us Remastered, TLOUR is the older game, as I've been saying. You can't omit The presequel. It's a whole new and full game installment and included with Bl2 in the HS collection, which released in 2015... vs the 2014 (re)release of TLOUR, which is entirely a remaster of a single older gen game that released in 2013 and was also made immensely cheap after that release on that platform.

The specific complaints you brought up there are true, but I've just been referring to this specific month. It seems people are always also bashed when they critique a monthly lineup as well, even if on the surface they offer two AAA games, while disregarding any other aspect/fact.

Edited by EcoShifter

On 9/27/2019 at 5:54 AM, SKyZoX9 said:

Every appealing game i already owned, most sad thing was borderlands mounth when i bought on sale 5 days before it goes free. Same for darksiders 3. This model needs a change is too rigid to the consumer.

Then either wait for November to drop by or just cancel your service.

That's all I can say to you at this point.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:09 AM, EcoShifter said:

That's an extremely bold claim considering they were still giving out 6+ games during that entire year. That's not a part of what im mainly arguing, though, so I won't argue against that.

However, indies are popular enough to be factored in, especially in current times where AAA games have become "stale and samey"...?

If Days' Gone is put as quickly or quicker than when Just Cause 3 and CoD:MWR were, then it'll automatically be a great giveaway.

That may be the only part you agree with, but everything said there is true.

Yes, those two are also good games.

Because technically the Handsome Collection is actually its own separate release from Borderlands 2 and did so after The Last of Us Remastered, TLOUR is the older game, as I've been saying. You can't omit The presequel. It's a whole new and full game installment and included with Bl2 in the HS collection, which released in 2015... vs the 2014 (re)release of TLOUR, which is entirely a remaster of a single older gen game that released in 2013 and was also made immensely cheap after that release on that platform.

The specific complaints you brought up there are true, but I've just been referring to this specific month. It seems people are always also bashed when they critique a monthly lineup as well, even if on the surface they offer two AAA games, while disregarding any other aspect/fact.

I definitely think this year was considerably better than last year's lineup of PS+ games.

Indies typically aren't going to attract the general public. For us trophy hunters indies are a good way to break up the monotony of some AAA games.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered was put on Plus two and a half years from it's initial release in 2016. I don't see that as "quick". Detroit: Become Human, Darksiders III and now MLB 19 The Show in comparison have been out much quicker. MLB The Show is barely six months from when it got released and it's already on Plus. I guess it's so niche now that somebody wants people to try out that game, which to be honest, I'm not all that interested in playing.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection was a good option for Plus. I'm just saying the games aren't exactly new, and the complaints are basically people who have already played through them anyway. So they bitch that they want something new instead of something they already played.

People are go goddamn entitled when it comes to game selections anymore. If the lists aren't good enough, either buy your own games or cancel PlayStation Plus. Stop relying on Plus to give you what you want, because chances are you probably won't get what you want because the selections aren't going to cater to a specific group of people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

• Like 1

canceling Plus is not an option for most Plus subscribers.  Need it for online play which pretty significant for most gamers.  So if they offered zero games a month, I and so many other would NOT cancel.

So I can understand the bellyaching a little bit (but not to the degree we see) since Plus is not really something you can drop if you game normally.

For 95% of subscribers, they are Plus members because of online play.  Monthly games, sales, and cloud saves are just additional benefits.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered was put on Plus two and a half years from it's initial release in 2016. I don't see that as "quick".

People are go goddamn entitled when it comes to game selections anymore. If the lists aren't good enough, either buy your own games or cancel PlayStation Plus. Stop relying on Plus to give you what you want, because chances are you probably won't get what you want because the selections aren't going to cater to a specific group of people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

That's relatively quick for a highly successful AAA in comparison to other AAA games took longer to come to the IGC, such as Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max, God of War 3 Rem., Bloodborne, inFAMOUS Second Son, etc.

What bothers me is that the games aren't actually free nor is it fully ours.

Edited by EcoShifter

9 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

That's relatively quick for a highly successful AAA in comparison to other AAA games took longer to come to the IGC, such as Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max, God of War 3 Rem., Bloodborne, inFAMOUs Second Son, etc.

And now you are entering to a whole new discussion where people will tell but they are yours, because Sony changed the policy for digital games, so even the ones you buy are not yours. You only get a license, but still I would prefer that fake ownership than the: "The game is yours" that the PS plus games tell you every month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

And now you are entering to a whole new discussion where people will tell but they are yours, because Sony changed the policy for digital games, so even the ones you buy are not yours. You only get a license, but still I would prefer that fake ownership than the: "The game is yours" that the PS plus games tell you every month.

What policy change? :o  Well, that's also true, sadly.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

For 95% of subscribers, they are Plus members because of online play.  Monthly games, sales, and cloud saves are just additional benefits.

I'm one of the other 5%. I'm a PS+ subscriber for 6 years now, joined in October 2013 when Metal Gear Rising was added to the IGC. Always extended my membership ever since. And for me it's still totally worth it just for the games alone. Not only for games I want to play anyway but also the one's i'd never take a look on otherwise. Over the years there's been a dozen of good ones. It's thanks to PS+ I got (into) them. And there are still games from that in my backlog that I just hadn't found any time yet to put my hands on... looking at you Detroit, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Infamous Second Son, Everybody Has Gone To The Rapture, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, COD Warfare Remastered, Mafia 3, Yakuza Kiwami, Soma, Sniper Elite 4 - and these are just the PS4 titles and there also are missing a few because I already owned them before like Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain, Hitman or The Last Of Us Remastered. So, the reason I'm naming all these titles is because I wanna point out how much good or really interesting games this service has already delivered for me. For trophy hunters and enthusiastic gamers this service is a pure goldmine. The aspect of paying for PS+ to play online might be kinda bad, but it doesn't affect me in my attitude to the service anyway. I would still extend it just to work on my backlog even if online gaming would be free again. And to be honest, I'd wish I had been there from the very start. Just look at the amount of good games the IGC has offered since then (PAL region):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

Edited by Solid-Fisch
updated

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

canceling Plus is not an option for most Plus subscribers.  Need it for online play which pretty significant for most gamers.  So if they offered zero games a month, I and so many other would NOT cancel.

So I can understand the bellyaching a little bit (but not to the degree we see) since Plus is not really something you can drop if you game normally.

Doesn't matter for them because they're not trophy hunters or care about anything that's offered on PS Plus. It's all about the online gameplay for them.

I'm talking specifically to the people who complain about a subpar month of PS Plus offerings, when they've already gotten their share of offerings from years of being subscribed to the service.

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

That's relatively quick for a highly successful AAA in comparison to other AAA games took longer to come to the IGC, such as Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max, God of War 3 Rem., Bloodborne, inFAMOUS Second Son, etc.

That's how it works with digital only games and digital only services. Nobody 'owns' the games.

All the big companies now are shifting away from physical and more onto digital. This is why I get pissed when a game gets delisted and then you have no real way to obtain that game other than to get it physical.

I buy physical because I've sold off a bunch of games that I've done and made some change back. Can't do that with digital only titles.