Nintendo is killing it this year and thoughts about Nintendo's successes this year

Alantor32

Showing my age, but the only Nintendo console I liked was the NES and that was due to lack of competition.  Got the Wii as a gift and so underwhelmed outside a few games of tennis - and the innovation quickly wore off.

If someone gave me a Switch, I would give it away or immediately sell it in eBay.  I would do the same with an XBox One but for different reasons.  It is 90-95% the same as a PS4 so would be just duplicative.  

Just no interest in the cartoony game titles most associated with Nintendo or the lesser hardware.  And I am pretty hooked into PlayStation with the trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

From my perspective Nintendo is always doing well, I mean doing well on creating games that look like they are made 10 years ego... Seriously, you can't really compare Nintendo's exclusives with PS4's...

To be fair, this year didn't really have many games that got my attention, aside from my common picks which I buy them anyways, I'm only planning on getting Death Stranding and probably nothing else for 2019.

Edited by Kiyan-13

I would like to express my opinions on this matter, as an owner of PS4 (and all playstations) and Nintendo Switch (and lots of Nintendo consoles, portable and not) who is really anxious to play all the new titles coming out. (Bye bye money) ?

I've never seen that there's a way to compare Sony and Nintendo in the gaming field. While I see where the console war might come from with XBOX and Playstation, I feel like Nintendo is really unique and there aren't many shared titles. I've always said that as soon as I got the budget for it, I would get Nintendo Switch, and I did, because I think to get the best out of this generation with only two consoles, this is the best setting.

Aside from this and me loving Switch, I think Playstation had an amazing pair of years. Even though PS4 didn't sell as much as they expected in the past, they got some groundbreaking, spectacular exclusives. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us Part II, Marvel's Spider-Man (probably the best superhero game ever made, I say this as a huge DC fan), Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Detroit, Persona 5, Uncharted 4. I always say this to my friends "I can imagine you getting Switch because of the exclusives, but not having played THESE GAMES means not having played at all". Most of those are just too good.

And I'm gonna say this now in October, watch it turn true in March: a lot of the people who never bought a PS4 WILL because of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. Really, the most important title to ever come out for me, even with the dumb splitting it into part thing... 

That said, I stand by my point that Switch is amazing, Nintendo is also doing amazingly, I am relieved to finally own both, but I would never give up PS4 and those exclusives for any other console.