Will people please pick up this game.

Teh_Paralyzer

It's a pretty fun twin stick shooter.

For those looking for a contra experience..... Eh this is probably equivalent to Neo Contra and I don't know many people that liked that one.

Online Campaign and Online Multiplayer and not a single soul is online. Been trying to play all day to no avail. 

Last night at launch only got 2 missions done with another person. 

Body part upgrades have been helping but these gun upgrades need money I don't have. Seems like they anticipated people playing more co-op than solo as it does include couch co-op. 

Demo certainly didn't do the game justice. I see people shitting on this game without even knowing what it was. And some people claim that this isn't Contra.... I mean ... It is .... Contra changed after the NES, SNES, Genesis days. 

So pick up a copy and get online. 

*Waits for everyone's reason as to why this game isn't on their radar*

• Like 2

Mate, totally unrelated to the games actual quality of which I know nothing about, could it maybe, just maybe, be related to the fact that its release date is the 24th September, and because timezones are somewhat of a thing, a few people basically had a time window of a few hours to buy it, download it, maybe finishing up whatever project they currently are still on and actually get in the mood to try it out for the first time? Ps store even tells me the game really gets started at 26 september instead of 24. I have never seen or heard anything about this game, but that is true for many games, so why don't you give it a few more days before allowing the panic to get to you? If there are still only like a literal handful of people active in 3-4 days, then it maybe requires some looking into why nobodies buying the game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

It's a pretty fun twin stick shooter.

For those looking for a contra experience..... Eh this is probably equivalent to Neo Contra and I don't know many people that liked that one.

Online Campaign and Online Multiplayer and not a single soul is online. Been trying to play all day to no avail. 

Last night at launch only got 2 missions done with another person. 

Body part upgrades have been helping but these gun upgrades need money I don't have. Seems like they anticipated people playing more co-op than solo as it does include couch co-op. 

Demo certainly didn't do the game justice. I see people shitting on this game without even knowing what it was. And some people claim that this isn't Contra.... I mean ... It is .... Contra changed after the NES, SNES, Genesis days. 

So pick up a copy and get online. 

*Waits for everyone's reason as to why this game isn't on their radar*

I would bro but like you said, the demo sucked kinda and the price..... OUTRAGEOUS! When this becomes free on PSPlus I'll look into it. 

• Like 2

Konami had a live stream and they were even struggling to find a full match.

So I jumped in on that and we managed a full lobby to play the PVP 

I gotta say. It was fun. We all had a good time. A mode that didn't need to be added but it's fun for what it is. 

Shame trophies are linked to it because the fact that nobody is online is making it hard. 

I give this game a 4/5 for sure.

I don't feel like I over paid at $39.99

52 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Getting bad reviews, may or may not pick up cheap one day down the road.

There is just so much to play/do right now that I did not pick up the Contra Anniversary Collection when it was on sale for $10 and I would get that one first.

That what I’m waiting to go on sale again. Couldn’t pull the trigger last time round. They should’ve looked at these games to see what a REAL CONTRA game should be like. Not none of this twin stick, overheat weapons game this is. 

2 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Konami can go to hell with this game. Both Konami and EA suck in today's generation. Let's not forget the sins Konami committed the past few years. 

They're total garbage nowadays. Grimoire of Souls just came out too, did ya hear?

No! No one gives a shit because its on mobile! Wtf were they thinking?

• Like 1

Sad to see how many of you are just anti Konami 

They did it to themselves tho. 

However lots of you are basing it off reviews. Those reviews are ass 

Metal Gear Survive is a pretty good game. Reviewers sucked at it and really undersold it. 

Had a lot of great moments in Survive. Hell end game stuff was too hard for me, the fan base on Reddit were tearing that game apart and I couldn't believe how well they managed their end game missions. Difficulty gets intense.

Contra as a 4 player group has been great and really knowing what parts to equip on your guns seems to really make the difference. 

Jumped back into the Konami live stream again and one guy had better Gear than the Konami crew. 

You guys are really passing up on a fun Twin Stick shooter. I can't fault anyone who doesn't have interest in the genre though so I get those that are avoiding it because it's not their play style. 

Hopefully if anyone here finds it for $20 or whatever down the line they'll pick it up. 

Game definitely isn't worth $60 there's some things here and there that definitely show it deserves a $39.99 price tag. 

So for $20 that should be reason enough to pull the trigger 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

Sad to see how many of you are just anti Konami 

They did it to themselves tho. 

However lots of you are basing it off reviews. Those reviews are ass 

Metal Gear Survive is a pretty good game. Reviewers sucked at it and really undersold it. 

Konami charges people for extra save slots in Metal Gear Survive, of course people hate it.  Theres no defending that kind of shit.

• Like 4

I might pick it up on a sale, but no way will I pay full price for it. And not because I hate Konami, but because they've taken away what made the Contra series so addictive. I want that hard run n gun action and with the Contra Anniversary Collection and Blazing Chrome I get that. And as for twin stick shooters, why would I want to pay that much for Contra when there are better and cheaper alternatives. Alienation, Helldivers, Livelock, Nex Machina, Assault Android Cactus, Enter the Gungeon, The Binding of Isaac just to name a few.