Will people please pick up this game.

Teh_Paralyzer

I would if I could (until since playing the demo), but no, it plays nothing like previous Contras...period (Even though I've never actually played the 3D type Contras, so...). Also, to be fair, what Contra game, besides this one, has overheating weapons? None of them! The weapons of previous contra games always had unlimited ammo with no cooldown period.

Besides, Konami isn't what it used to be anymore.

Edited by NeoStrayCat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TripleKing333 said:

Konami charges people for extra save slots in Metal Gear Survive, of course people hate it.  Theres no defending that kind of shit.

Again, another misconception.

I got my 2nd save slot using my coins I grabbed from all my daily logins and online games.

Also your base can benefit from having 2 characters. There's a reason you were restricted from having multiple characters. 

Again, hate came from bad reviews and people not understanding how the game worked.....and the whole firing Kojima thing obviously. Which I'm sorry but Kojima wasn't the best thing from Konami. Sad to see him go but he seems like he's a better place now with Death Stranding and it was still some of the same staff from MGSV working on Survive so I mean.... The issues were just in the fanboys head.

but no, it plays nothing like previous Contras...period (Even though I've never actually played the 3D type Contras, so...)

Bro, really? How are you going to claim it doesn't play like past games then follow up with you missed past games? 

I prefer 2D Contra just like the rest of you. This game just happens to be imo a better version of Neo Contra. That was a PS2 game that was totally not Contra either with the Contra name. This isn't anything new for the series but everyone is treating it like it is.

Just because you weren't aware of a game doesn't mean it didn't happen y'know?

Edited by Teh_Paralyzer
Read another comment

1 hour ago, Klart said:

I'll play Blazing Chrome, thank you.

If only it had Online. Blazing Chrome is such a beautiful love letter to the genre

That said, it's not the end of the world that Contra switched genres. Some people like Twin Sticks y'know? 

I hate turned based RPGs (save Earthbound and Persona) but the new Yakuza game still looks pretty Yakuza to me just with a new style. I'm not gonna abandon one of my top franchises because of that. I'll bite.

1 hour ago, Klart said:

I'll play Blazing Chrome, thank you.

This! And only this!

Blazing Chrome isn't perfect, but a lot closer to what I would expect of a new Contra. Konami seems to play a meta game to see how much they can ruin their franchises. I expect the next Castlevania to be a first person shooter service game, similar to Destiny/Anthem/Hellgate London, but done poorly.

37 minutes ago, soniq said:

expect the next Castlevania to be a first person shooter service game, similar to Destiny/Anthem/Hellgate London, but done poorly.

This is actually the next Castlevania so.......

Tear it apart as you will 

Looks good...... Hopefully they'll remedy the obvious issue one day 

16 hours ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

This is actually the next Castlevania so.......

Tear it apart as you will 

Looks good...... Hopefully they'll remedy the obvious issue one day 

For real, are you from Konami PR division?

This Castlevania is a mobile game and a shoddy reuse of assets, an I bet it will be full of microtransactions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fbdbh said:

This Castlevania is a mobile game and a shoddy reuse of assets, an I bet it will be full of microtransactions.

Reuse of assets? It's basically Harmony of Despair with Dracula X Chronicles-like graphics and microtransactions lol.

How can people defend the indefensible?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Certainly not buying it at current price, maybe when it's $10 or under

Same.  Played the demo and would be willing to get down the road for under $10.  Does not feel Contra-like and twin sticks is not my usual cup of tea but for the right price....

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 0:06 AM, fbdbh said:

No, lol the game soft launched in Canada and I used a VPN to get it.

It's pretty good but due to it being a mobile free to play it relies on Microtransactions

So, it defaults to being crap on the principle of that we don't want to pay for garbage like that. 

I'd like to be hopeful we could get a reworked version on console one day. 

My argument here is Konami is dropping the games and everyone here just wants nothing to do with them or what's to pay next to nothing for them. 

You guys really need to switch your attitude and stop relying on shitty reviews. I feel like if Silent Hills would have happened Konami hate wouldn't be as strong as it is now. 

Contra is good. It's not the contra everyone wanted but it's the one we got. I would have liked a run n gun too but we didn't get that.

I've seen someone get a gun on this game that when fired an extra laser blasts out of their back and they are just wrecking shit. I'm working to try and get some good weapons like that and seeing people on twitch getting weapons like that is really making me wanna get further but it's been hard solo. Matchmaking is rarely finding anyone.

I will say I'm at least glad some of you here are down to grab it when it hits a dirt cheap price. So, not all of you will miss out. Again it's nothing to blow your mind but nobody is giving it the time of day and it's a real shame.

49 minutes ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

Konami is dropping the games and everyone here just wants nothing to do with them

Pretty much. I'm sorry you paid full price for this game, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to throw away my money as well. Like most have said, I'm interested in the game but will definitely wait for a steep price cut.

9 hours ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

I will say I'm at least glad some of you here are down to grab it when it hits a dirt cheap price. So, not all of you will miss out. Again it's nothing to blow your mind but nobody is giving it the time of day and it's a real shame.

Check my profile, I have about 6 or 7 100%'s of various Castlevania games. Its my all-time favorite franchise. I'm a rabid Castlevania fan and even I can't justify this or Grimoire. I'm also a Contra fan just don't have any on profile because they haven't made any that looked sweet. So far from anti Konami but if I see a piece of shit am I not supposed to call it what it is? 

The day they step up quality is when fans will return. And shitting on the fan base by cancelling  desired projects and not releasing new quality entries of classic franchises is not the way to keep people caring. Btw, you're really keeping this thread alive and in view for a dead ass clunker like Rogue. They should pay you lol!