Will people please pick up this game.

Teh_Paralyzer

On 29.9.2019 at 5:36 PM, Teh_Paralyzer said:

You guys really need to switch your attitude and stop relying on shitty reviews. I feel like if Silent Hills would have happened Konami hate wouldn't be as strong as it is now.

But it DIDN'T happen, because Konami is the worst company in the industry at the moment so people are rightfully pissed at it. What you are doing is like saying "well if that guy hadn't thrown dog shit at you then you wouldn't hate him", perhaps, but he did do that so fuck him. Konamis list of anti consumer behavior is so long you could write a book about it, and that is not even including the shit they do behind the scenes. When I saw this topic I did not see that it was a Konami game, if I had seen it my first reply would have been "mate, its Konami, wtf you expect, and good lord did you just pay that price for a Konami game that looks like THIS?"

I am almost insulted that you made me look up a Konami game because I thought this was just some obscure indie game that may be worth a damn after a price reduction. Hell Jim Sterling ripped this game a new one, and if a game is so bad that Jim Sterling can take the piss out of it so easily and make sound arguments doing it, then it is a lost cause. Jim Sterling isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the box, whenever he slams a game he just dislikes for some petty personal reasons it becomes instantly obvious for the viewers, which is not the case here, I mean one hard look is all it takes to give this game a hard no. At this point, if you want more people to join this thing, you would have to buy the game for them, or wait until it is so cheap that the junk hunters pick it up.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

I feel like if Silent Hills would have happened Konami hate wouldn't be as strong as it is now. 

Just for what they did to Kojima they are fucked for life, they could produce a 10/10 next year people will forever hate them, I mean MGS is one of the most beloved franchises of all time and they completely made a mockery out of it, people don't forget shit like that, that's their childhood you're stepping on, they're in eternal hell now and they deserve it ?.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Pretty much. I'm sorry you paid full price for this game

Don't be. Fucking enjoying it. Worth every penny. Got my collectors pin I won from the Konami live stream. Really glad I bought this and especially for PS4 since that's what they streamed.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Off topic

Man, what a thread to read!!! It's been one hell of a breakfast!!

Jokes aside, @Teh_Paralyzer, it's kind of hard to make people to play something they don't want to. I'm glad you are enjoying it and all, but, as many have stated before, this game doesn't match the price for what's offering. I had even forgotten about it were it not for this thread, and then went to watch the trailer again, only to remember that it feels way too generic. And you even said it,

19 hours ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

It's pretty good but due to it being a mobile free to play it relies on Microtransactions

IT WAS A MOBILE FREE TO PLAY!!! Why don't they tune it up for console if it won't have MTX? What guarantee do you have it won't have MTX one month from here?

Stop blaming the reviews, some of us don't even read them before deciding what games to play. Metal Gear Survive failed due to the fanbase and the company's hubris. As a survival game, yeah, it may work just as fine as a tuned car, but as a METAL GEAR game, it has no place in the franchise. It's literally a reuse of previous game assets (which they owned, of course), and they basically gave it the chinese knockoff treatment, killling the entire concept of stealth game in the process.

Even while reading every post here, it looked like you were trying to get that sweet Konami money by over-selling the game. It will be difficult for players to grab this game. I bet it will be the same as Drawn to Death, where it will be more played when people get it on the montlhy PS+ lineup, and even then many willl complain about it.

• Like 1

For Castlevania I have no guarantee. If it dropped on consoles the way it's built now then it would sadly be trash regardless. I agree with everyone that it was the wrong way to go but what I'm saying it does have things in it that WOULD be potentially a good game. I was enjoying what I played but in no way will I drop a dime on it. 

I wouldn't get a penny if I got everyone here to buy the game. So don't jump to that conclusion. 

I just want these damn online trophies and it's hard when me and a few randoms are struggling to find anyone who bought this game. 

3 hours ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

For Castlevania I have no guarantee. If it dropped on consoles the way it's built now then it would sadly be trash regardless. I agree with everyone that it was the wrong way to go but what I'm saying it does have things in it that WOULD be potentially a good game. I was enjoying what I played but in no way will I drop a dime on it. 

It already dropped on consoles, in the previous generation... it was called "Harmony of Despair". This seems to be a spiritual successor. HoD didn't have microtransactions and it was IGA's final Castlevania game. Personally i loved it, but it's one of those games that suck your life for weeks or get boring quite fast.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Konami need to make a proper Contra game. I played it at TGS, it's not Contra at all. More like a 4 player less fun version of Dead Nation. The gun cool down thing absolutely sucks and why is there jumping in a twin stick shooter?! No plans to buy it to be honest.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I bought it on sale, seemed ok at first,but from chapter 2 its just poor, already re-using 2 areas from chapter 1, totally piss poor, along with the abundaqnce of re-using the same bosses in multiple levels, if whole campaign is gonna be like this, then what rubbish, Online is so not needed and anyway you need 8 to start and its basically 2 modes at random, both equally boring, did they sriously think it would be popular xD 

will indeed plat this to get what i paid for but the enjoyment isn't there

• 2 weeks later...

This is another example of what Konami looks like without Hideo Kojima.  I wouldn’t play this if you gave it to me, with a trophy list of 49 golds and a platinum.  And this is coming from a Contra fan.

Regardless of who was the good guy/bad guy in the Konami Vs. Kojima Productions saga, letting him go was not a good business move. 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2020 at 2:27 AM, Starcade_Legend said:

This is another example of what Konami looks like without Hideo Kojima.  I wouldn’t play this if you gave it to me, with a trophy list of 49 golds and a platinum.  And this is coming from a Contra fan.

Believe it or not, it isn't that bad! Who woulda thunk it. 

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I played the demo for this and whilst there are some extremely brief flashes of fun, overall it's complete ass gravy and a dreadful game that deserved all the terrible reviews it got.

What makes it a bad game? 

No one ever seems to say why. 

What makes it good:

easy to learn. 

Fun mechanics

Great gun customization

4 playable characters with a different skill

Addictive loot system.

4 player coop. I did all solo though. But having that option can only be a good thing.

Things i thought were bad:

Body parts "upgrade system" via the doctors

Lack of level ideas

Some minor irritating things that could addressed. Main one being unable to walk or dash of an edge(invisible wall) unless jumping. 

This is from someone who has the plat. 

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

What makes it a bad game? 

No one ever seems to say why. 

What makes it good:

easy to learn. 

Fun mechanics

Great gun customization

4 playable characters with a different skill

Addictive loot system.

4 player coop. I did all solo though. But having that option can only be a good thing.

Things i thought were bad:

Body parts "upgrade system" via the doctors

Lack of level ideas

Some minor irritating things that could addressed. Main one being unable to walk or dash of an edge(invisible wall) unless jumping. 

This is from someone who has the plat. 

All right then, here's my list of complaints: Horrible controls, the pointless and highly irritating overheat mechanic, lame character designs, lousy camera, bad targeting, unfunny humour, uninspired level design and dated graphics that are about a decade behind the times.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

All right then, here's my list of complaints: Horrible controls, the pointless and highly irritating overheat mechanic, lame character designs, lousy camera, bad targeting, unfunny humour, uninspired level design and dated graphics that are about a decade behind the times.

Okay, fair enough. 

In it's defense though:

1. Horrible controls - They are practically the same as any other shooter. R2 shoot, left stick move, right stick aim, X jump... 

2. Overheat mechanic - Tbh, playing only the demo would probably make anyone hate the overheat system (terrible marketing). This system is justified being there because... as you gain gear(body parts) and B.A.D.(weapon parts) you will find perks such as:

- more damage with a higher OH(overheat) gauge.

- more speed etc... 

These are usually given as a +%.

Then you have two weapons which you are supposed to switch between. You will find perks such as:

- more damage after changing weapons.

- gain X ability after changing weapons etc.

Not a pointless mechanic. 

Also it adds a little difficulty to what is a very easy game.

3. Lame character designs - meh... subjective...

4. lousy camera - think I had maybe 1 instance when the camera caused me an issue. Had way more with other AAA games.

5. Bad targetting - you aim with the right stick, and it also gives a slight auto aim. 

If its bad, probably a player problem. 

6. Unfunny humour - No comment... (I skipped every cutscene -_-). Again though - Subjective.

7. Level designs - Sure I can agree. They get repeated a lot. 

8. Dated graphics - really? This is a problem for you? This is a Nintendo Switch game. What do you expect -_-;

Yeah... that was my experience anyway. 

++++ For trophy hunters ++++

1. No missables

2. No collectables

3. Can finish the platinum without needing to grind for Legendaries. 

4. Each mission will take around 10~15mins. Do a mission a day, or whenever you want to do carefree trophy hunting. 

5. Except the online trophies. The main game and all other trophies can be obtained solo. 

6. You can get all online trophies in about 1~2hours. Easy.

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I’m buying this game just because I want to finish all Contras and Castlevanias. It doesn’t seem that bad from what I’ve seen and I want to try it/plat it. Online trophies seem archaic n painful but short. From what I’ve read about single player I’m thinking this is the easiest Contra. 

Edited by Cynicgods
Grammar

• 1 year later...

Thing about this game is that it kind of fails to be a good contra game. I mean now it is dirt cheap on disc as in the uk it is only £3 I might give it a shot but not sure if I should as I got other games I need to get to. hell lately I got rid of afew games such as code vein's disc copy I had along with mothergunship due to the fact I needed extra money for evil dead the game. Both them games I can get later down the line but still money is tight for a lot of us trying to make it by with what they got.

I never like coming off as a skin flint but sometimes you got to aim for what you feel is more worth getting and more worth your time. I will for sure give this game a try sometime and day but hell if am going to go out of my way to get it anytime soon. it is like me going after Wolfenstein youngblood. I dislike the game with a great hate and refuse to get it unless it was really really cheap and sadly a friend got it for me for xmas that pasted. I might give it a go some time but yeah.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 6:27 PM, Starcade_Legend said:

Regardless of who was the good guy/bad guy in the Konami Vs. Kojima Productions saga, letting him go was not a good business move. 

Not sure if am going crazy but judging a game made by devs who got rid of something seems to be a poor choice of picking what to do at least that is imo. I mean betheda killed off humanhead devs just to get the rights to Prey 2/ prey and guess what canned the game because humanhead never bent the knee and yet people still buy their shitty games same with EA killing off the devs of dead space and any other ex dev company they have killed. People still buy their games. To me I hate Kojima as my standing is he is too ego driven for his own good and the only mgs game I liked was 3 and rising but even then I would not go out of my way to pick a game up due to what a company does to a person in their company as at the end of it.

It does not really matter to customers as if we really cared that much for it no one would buy any game from any dev at all due to the shady shit they pulled or the devs they got rid of.

• 3 months later...