New Game +

You have to start a new game with each character and have a completed save file for each. I ended up with 5 overall I believe. One for Terra, one for Ventus, one for Aqua, one for the ending and I believe one for the secret ending. If you overwrite one you are effed. I ended up making a backup of each.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Briste said:

You have to start a new game with each character and have a completed save file for each. I ended up with 5 overall I believe. One for Terra, one for Ventus, one for Aqua, one for the ending and I believe one for the secret ending. If you overwrite one you are effed. I ended up making a backup of each.

Thank you. I kinda get it now. When do you save before the secret ending? Is there like a prompt? Do you play the final episode with any character?

1 minute ago, Akatsukyio said:

Do you play the final episode with any character?

Nope, you play as Aqua against SPOILER and it's not a bad fight but it's really hard. Brace yourself. That's why it's recommended to play in order. The thing makes sense when you play as Aqua in your final run after playing as Terra and Ventus.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, Briste said:

If you overwrite one you are effed. I ended up making a backup of each.

So, I ended up saving over Aqua's save (she was the last character I played with) with the "Final Episode" save - didn't realize until this morning. Am I going to have to play through Aqua's story again to complete all of her reports/various other things? Ugh.

25 minutes ago, JABing said:

So, I ended up saving over Aqua's save (she was the last character I played with) with the "Final Episode" save - didn't realize until this morning. Am I going to have to play through Aqua's story again to complete all of her reports/various other things? Ugh.

Sadly, yes. You want an individual save for Terra, Ven, and Aqua. You will be prompted to create a save for the Final Episode and Secret Episode. These should be done on a separate save file.

31 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Sadly, yes. You want an individual save for Terra, Ven, and Aqua. You will be prompted to create a save for the Final Episode and Secret Episode. These should be done on a separate save file.

Brutal. I have saves for the other two, but didn't realize that her post game save was for the Final Episode and just saved it over. The real bummer is that I had actually spent some time and gotten all her abilities before beating the game. Ughhhhh.

Thanks for the response.

1 hour ago, JABing said:

Oh man, that sucks. I made two of every save file because I made that mistake when playing Re: CoM. Fortunately, I had completed Sora's save file already when I saved over it by accident with Riku's so it could have been worse...but I didn't make that mistake again with the games that needed multiple save files. Good luck ?

1 hour ago, Briste said:

Oh man, that sucks. I made two of every save file because I made that mistake when playing Re: CoM. Fortunately, I had completed Sora's save file already when I saved over it by accident with Riku's so it could have been worse...but I didn't make that mistake again with the games that needed multiple save files. Good luck 1f62d.png

Well, I've learned my lesson now too, haha. I have one last hope that maybe I have a cloud save, but my guess is that it was also saved over overnight. Otherwise, I guess it's Aqua time.... again.