Multiplayer Difficulty

TheFamilyRuin

You don't need to boost it. But it will take time as you need to play a lot of games. But it is really not that difficult.

I played the Journeys dozens of times since release of the game and I never managed to get my clan killed.

But you should have a look at the multiplayer guide for some hints and help and act accordingly.

And if you really struggle with getting the necessary downs for the DLCs, play the respective maps in the "Interrogation"-mode. It's easier to get a lot of downs/execution in that mode as players  continue to respawn.

Just be aware that there are some veterans around that might give you a hard time.

But as chances are good that you will have an experienced player in your own teams as well, it will work out. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Captain_Bone_666 said:

You don't need to boost it. But it will take time as you need to play a lot of games. But it is really not that difficult.

I played the Journeys dozens of times since release of the game and I never managed to get my clan killed.

But you should have a look at the multiplayer guide for some hints and help and act accordingly.

And if you really struggle with getting the necessary downs for the DLCs, play the respective maps in the "Interrogation"-mode. It's easier to get a lot of downs/execution in that mode as players  continue to respawn.

Just be aware that there are some veterans around that might give you a hard time.

But as chances are good that you will have an experienced player in your own teams as well, it will work out. 

Cheers mate. really appreciate your help!

I hope you don't mind, but I am using your post to ask a specific question regarding the mp.

For example, when I reach a day with a specific mission (100% for example) do the mission objectives always start at tier 1? Say that I start the multiplayer and I use the revolver alot (for example I accumulated 25 kills), when I reach the first mission in Week 1 do I only need 3 kills (tier 1) or do I need 35 kills (tier 7) to achieve the mission objetive?

The mission objective have to be fulfilled in one match?

Cheers!

Edited by Pudimflam
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Is there a copy of last of us with no multiplayer trophies ... Like they did with uncharted series? I like to play the game but im not going to play it till they get rid of the trophies like they did with uncharted

There isn't a version of The Last Of Us without MP trophies.

6 minutes ago, Pudimflam said:

I hope you don't mind, but I am using your post to ask a specific question regarding the mp.

For example, when I reach a day with a specific mission (100% for example) do the mission objectives always start at tier 1? Say that I start the multiplayer and I use the revolver alot (for example I accumulated 25 kills), when I reach the first mission in Week 1 do I only need 3 kills (tier 1) or do I need 35 kills (tier 7) to achieve the mission objetive?

Also the mission objective as to be fulfilled in one match?

Is the MP still popular? Can this be done solo?

Cheers!

When you have a mission objective it will always start at tier 1. if you choose that same mission objective the next time, it'll start at the tier after the one you completed. So say for example you chose revolver kills then you would have to complete tier 1. if you completed tier 1 and chose that same objective for your next mission then you would need to complete tier 2. To complete a mission objective you only have to clear 1 tier. It's best to only do objectives when you are at 100% risk (pick an easy one you know you'll manage to do) and ignore them when it's not 100% (pick one you know you won't complete). Iirc, there are 5 times a 100% risk mission will appear in a journey, and they always appear at the same week/day.

You get 3 matches to complete an objective, so if you needed 3 revolver kills you could do 1 in each match and it'll complete that objective.

The MP is still popular. It can be done solo, but is easier to boost.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pudimflam said:

The mission objective have to be fulfilled in one match?

Cheers!

No you have 3 matches to fulfill the objectives and you only have to get to Tier One to avoid a total wipe. But if you choose the same objective the next time a mission comes up, you have to get to the Tier Two target to avoid wiping out your clan.

• Like 1

As someone who actually played the Multiplayer well beyond getting the trophies for the fun of it, no I don't think it's difficult. However, it will take some time especially if you're a beginner. If you only intend to get the trophies and get out, I recommend using easy weapons like the Semi-Auto and Shotgun. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, if you close app while playing, nothing happens.

If you leave the game, it skips a day.

What happens if you get disconnected? It skips a day or it's like closing the app?

My internet is not the best to say the least. I had lost connection several times and it did skip a day. Also a lil tip for those of you who don't necessarily want to play all the matches. If everyone in your clan is sick but you don't want to play the match for some reason, just stand still. You will get disconnected and also the game will move you a day forward. 

The multiplayer in this game is really not that hard. If you’re solo, play NO PARTIES in any mode that you’re going to play. It’s recommended to play in Interrogations because you can get more than 5 downs or executions.

Tips: 

1. Don’t sprint everywhere you go, the enemy team can see you on the radar. 

2. Play safe and slow, there’s no rush. 

3. Stick close to your teammates. 

4. Try to main one weapon that you feel is most comfortable for you to use and get better with it. 

RECOMMENDED SKILLS: Sharpshooter, Reviver, First Aid Training and Strategist.

If you need help, just join the session! 

You don't need to boost it friend! Be thankful it isn't the PS3 version you are playing because to me it was literally 10X harder. I have done the MP trophies on PS4 multiple times on a few accounts.

My tips:

1 - Play Legit until you get the trophy for have X amount of survivors at one time 

2 - Play and win on each of the modes while attempting step one so you can also get their respective trophies.

3 - After getting those trophies, use the "day skip" exploit where you leave as soon as the match starts UNLESS its a map you still need to get 5 downs/executions on OR you only have 2-5 remaining survivors. At that point, go hard in that game to get you downs and/or materials to get survivors so you can rinse and repeat. 

In a days grind you can definitely get all the MP trophies INCLUDING the journey related trophies if you use that exploit.

Just know:

Downs AND Executions both count towards your total. So if you have 1 down and 4 executions, or 3 downs 2 executions etc.. as long as your total adds up to 5 or more, you will get your trophy at the end of the match.

Hopefully this helps!

- Your PlatPal

On 27/09/2019 at 10:30 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Is there a copy of last of us with no multiplayer trophies ... Like they did with uncharted series? I like to play the game but im not going to play it till they get rid of the trophies like they did with uncharted

Just don't play the multiplayer mode, simple.

• Like 2

Difficulty is above your average because of the current meta of the game, the terrible and stubborn team rotation system—even in the mode that is dedicated to solo players—pay to win weapons (which the game is objectively dominated by and will traumatize you; you won't forget the sound effects of certain items, even), extremely cheap/overpowered loadout builds, pre-game boosters.. which by nature puts newcomers alone at disadvantage, no split modes for casuals and the skilled (which especially matters when the game doesn't have proper if at all skilled based matchmaking, which fun fact Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled just had added the other day, which was also overdue in that game), the broken and exploitable third person camera that can be used to unfairly sight and annihilate players from varying ranges, and I can go on but have to stop somewhere. You're going to need to get good fast if you don't have good fundamentals if you even want to do decent. Excessive marking is also a thing people do in this game, so without covert training 3 (perk), you're going to be taken out by other players literally before you knew you had it coming. 

You're going to do your best when you run into people who are actually on a similar skill level to you. Rank is irrelevant, because like in other online games, people seriously love trolling on alternate accounts with beginner tier levels. I'm not narrow-minded, I know some constantly make accounts to avoid paying online fees, but that's not going to be everyone on alts. Personally, what broke me away from the game multiple times for long periods of time when I was actively playing each time, was the tactical shotgun (pay to win item) users who have the audacity to also use bomb expert 3 along with it. Those people are pathetically unskilled assholes. That combination is objectively non-balanced, and it tremendously ruins the multiplayer gameplay/enjoyment. Dealing with either the two on their own is extremely hard and exasperating as is, so to deal with both breeds literal insanity.

I'd like to go indepth on separate points, but i'm lazy and it's ultimately going to be a waste of time, as I'll get nothing out of it. At the very least, I've informed you of a lot of the game's ridiculous features and designs. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Don't listen to what Ecoshifter is saying. I immediately went into the multiplayer and sucked ass. I didn't even know the controls and got all multiplayer trophies in a couple of hours (except for the journeys, which is also easy). The game adds up your downs and executions together. In other words, you can get a trophy with 3 downs and 2 executions. Executions are also very easy since you down an enemy you can simply execute. In my opinon that is always worth doing. While it is true that sometimes you meet people with just overpowered layouts, it's not an issue at all. If you play the game calmly, you don't sprint everywhere and pay attention, bagging 5 kills worth of executions and or downs is easy enough. 

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 1

These all come naturally from just playing the game.  Getting a combination on of 5 downs/executions is very lenient.   

Just play the game and enjoy.  Stress free MP, and a lot of fun along the way.

i wish more games would implement MP trophies like these.  So much better than the absurdity that Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 2 and 3 MP trophies.

I wouldn't agree it's difficult. Maybe it's because of all the new people playing the game now, with tlou being free this month, but I've completed the 2nd journey today and overall it was very easy to do. Playing strictly for trophies is just a grind and most of the time you can play a 3rd of the "required" matches and still be fine. And the same goes for the difficulty in general. Sure, there are some people who play this game non stop and some of them are very good, but as surprising as it was to me, most people with three digit numbers next to their name aren't better than people who just started. Yeah, I don't even know what the numbers mean and I'm probably not that great at the game but most of the time keeping up with much more experienced people wasn't a problem. I kinda expected having a lot more trouble with this, that's why I didn't even bother with the multiplayer on PS3

• Like 1

Before debating if to actually get into the multiplayer I thought the trophies are going to be hellishly hard because of the whole Journey structure. (thought it's way more hardcore)

But honestly, even doing all solo is piss easy. Just VERY time consuming. I found no need to boost anything.

You don't even have to be good at the game, you get so much supplements for your survivors for any action you do.

There will be situations where you are matched against a level 999 with pay to win weapons that will wipe the floor with you, but it doesn't even matter.

• Like 3

I got the plat for this game on PS3 on my region 3 account before I had to drop that and start a region 4 account since I had to move to Australia. I regret booting up the PS3 version on my current account as now it shows up on my trophy list and not only that, I just found out that they shut down the servers for that version just this September. ? 

The multiplayer trophies can be fun but also tedious for the most part. So glad TLOU2 isn't coming with a multiplayer attached to the base game but rather as a separate thing. Will never be a fan of platinums locked behind multiplayer trophies since it effectively gives the platinum a due date.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Is it possible to fail the journeys when you aren’t doing one of those population missions? Like when you are playing in between them. Can all your survivors die if you do really shit in like 5-6 games in a row? If you need for example 29 supplies in a match and you keep on getting maybe like 5 or something, can all your survivors die?