Iceborne How to Measure Large & Mini Gold Crowns

11 minutes ago, izzyrules said:

For what its worth, I also used some of your guides for the base game as well. Very useful! Doing what I should've done a long time ago and throwing a sub your way on Youtube...

Thank you I appreciate the support

Just now, ArcaneExplosion said:

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

You're welcome and good luck hunting

Your guides were always my go-to on the base game whenever I was having no luck on my own with a crown.

Good to see you’re back for the expansion too! I’m still not even close to beginning my Crown hunting journey for Iceborne yet but I’m sure I’ll be using your guides when I start. 

Thank you for your hard work! I’m sure you’ve saved many people countless hours! :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Your guides were always my go-to on the base game whenever I was having no luck on my own with a crown.

Good to see you’re back for the expansion too! I’m still not even close to beginning my Crown hunting journey for Iceborne yet but I’m sure I’ll be using your guides when I start. 

Thank you for your hard work! I’m sure you’ve saved many people countless hours! :) 

It feels good to be back?. I feel like these crowns are going to be a little easier to hunt versus the base game. Since we can hunt them in master rank investigations. I think the chances of getting the crown will be higher

31 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

It feels good to be back1f600.png. I feel like these crowns are going to be a little easier to hunt versus the base game. Since we can hunt them in master rank investigations. I think the chances of getting the crown will be higher

You would probably know better than I would, but it also feels like maybe they've loosened up on where and when you can get gold crowns? I got a small gold crown Glavenus from the Optional Special Arena quest. I didn't even know it was possible to get golds from those. Maybe it always was and I just got very lucky.

13 minutes ago, izzyrules said:

You would probably know better than I would, but it also feels like maybe they've loosened up on where and when you can get gold crowns? I got a small gold crown Glavenus from the Optional Special Arena quest. I didn't even know it was possible to get golds from those. Maybe it always was and I just got very lucky.

In the original Monster Hunter world I was never able to get one out of an optional Quest so yeah you're definitely right on that. Maybe it has to do with the master rank but they definitely feel easier to get

Good to see that you’re bringing these back for Iceborne. Not sure if getting all crowns is easier or harder than in base MHW. Investigations are better and you can get crowns from optionals here and there but there’s no word on any possible new crown event quests so far. I think due to monsters being a good bit tankier in master rank being methodical and measuring whenever possible is going to make a big difference in overall time investment.

• Like 1

Eyyyy, without your video guides on the crowns I wouldn't have gotten the platinum for the base game. Right now I'm banging my head against the wall cause I keep getting Silver Crowns. Is it true though that all variants and subspecies share the same measurements as their normal counterparts in the base game? So far the crowns I've gotten for Fulgur Anjanath for example have the same measurements as the gold and mini crowns for my regular Anjanath. 

• Like 2

Finally I have the opportunity to thank you for the work done,
Without these wonderful guides I would never have been able to get the original MHW platinum, I'm glad you do these too
We will continue these in the future of course

Thank you very much for your work !!!!!!
Edited by Pato_friki
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Happy said:

Good to see that you’re bringing these back for Iceborne. Not sure if getting all crowns is easier or harder than in base MHW. Investigations are better and you can get crowns from optionals here and there but there’s no word on any possible new crown event quests so far. I think due to monsters being a good bit tankier in master rank being methodical and measuring whenever possible is going to make a big difference in overall time investment.

11 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Eyyyy, without your video guides on the crowns I wouldn't have gotten the platinum for the base game. Right now I'm banging my head against the wall cause I keep getting Silver Crowns. Is it true though that all variants and subspecies share the same measurements as their normal counterparts in the base game? So far the crowns I've gotten for Fulgur Anjanath for example have the same measurements as the gold and mini crowns for my regular Anjanath. 

10 hours ago, Pato_friki said:

Finally I have the opportunity to thank you for the work done,
Without these wonderful guides I would never have been able to get the original MHW platinum, I'm glad you do these too
We will continue these in the future of course

Thank you very much for your work !!!!!!

Thank you Everyone. Just added Large Gold Tigrex

1 hour ago, fujitora22 said:

I have i few notes that i can share with you If you want to help you out with your vídeos, also savage deviljho mini is bigger than the one in the Horizon Quest, reg jho from Horizon 1816.16 and Gold savage 2001.91

Yeah if anybody has some tips tricks recommendations or how they got their crowns then definitely leave a post. Any kind of help like that is always appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys, I got a good tip for the mini crown for savage deviljho. When fighting it I saw that my hunter's head was touching its stomach so thats a good indication for a mini.

I got the large as well but he's hard to tell, I do remember that I played with switch axe and I barely touched the stomach in sword mode, he was too high. 

Mini is at 2001.91 and large at 2497.22

Hope this helps!

Edited by Laozuli
Spelling
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Thank you SO MUCH for these! You’re a hero! It was thanks to your videos I got the platinum in the base MHW game, I’ll definitely be using these.

You're welcome and I hope you get the Platinum in Iceborne

10 hours ago, Laozuli said:

Hi guys, I got a good tip for the mini crown for savage deviljho. When fighting it I saw that my hunter's head was touching its stomach so thats a good indication for a mini.

I got the large as well but he's hard to tell, I do remember that I played with switch axe and I barely touched the stomach in sword mode, he was too high. 

Mini is at 2001.91 and large at 2497.22

Hope this helps!

It definitely will any kinda tips or clues will always help

PLEASE NOTE AND THIS NEED MORE TESTING!!!

My Last 7 Crowns came from Investigations that ONLY had 1 Gold and 3 Silver no other rewards. Try it out and let me know. It reminds me of the base game with 2 Silver and 1 Gold being a good investigation to farm.  

Edited by GamingWithAbyss1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, FireRaiser1985 said:

Banbaro Large Gold Crown

Reveal hidden contents

Not as good as GamingWithAbyss videos but better than nothing I guess. :)

I've must've fought about a dozen same size or bigger than that and it's not registering for me as a large crown, starting to really trigger me.