Defeating Omega Weapon

vinostar

Do hero drinks and holy wars stack if you use them a second time before the first one's effect are up? I'm actually really worried about this boss.

Back when I played I never got to fight him. I did everything right, and he popped up. A big purple monster, yeah? But when I ran into his legs or interacted with him, nothing ever happened and he just dissappears when the timer's up. :/ Tried time and time again, same crap always happened. Hope it doesn't do that now.

21 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

Do hero drinks and holy wars stack if you use them a second time before the first one's effect are up? I'm actually really worried about this boss.

Back when I played I never got to fight him. I did everything right, and he popped up. A big purple monster, yeah? But when I ran into his legs or interacted with him, nothing ever happened and he just dissappears when the timer's up. :/ Tried time and time again, same crap always happened. Hope it doesn't do that now.

No, Drinks and Wars do NOT stack. They also last about 20 seconds so you have to track their effects yourself. I have not had an issue of not getting into a fight with him, also got him to appear and fought him about a dozen times now, trying out various things to hopefully provide as much information as possible to defeat him. On the PS4, never had any issue and I have not seen any reports on this site and the few off-sites I am monitoring for this game about that issue. He should be available to you when you are ready. Good luck and please keep me informed of your progress so I can learn from you and tweak the guide to help as many people as possible.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

No, Drinks and Wars do NOT stack. They also last about 20 seconds so you have to track their effects yourself. I have not had an issue of not getting into a fight with him, also got him to appear and fought him about a dozen times now, trying out various things to hopefully provide as much information as possible to defeat him. On the PS4, never had any issue and I have not seen any reports on this site and the few off-sites I am monitoring for this game about that issue. He should be available to you when you are ready. Good luck and please keep me informed of your progress so I can learn from you and tweak the guide to help as many people as possible.

I think its because its a bit awkward interacting with him.

Seems to be a certain spot you have to press x, I mean cross, in order to engage. His centre of mass near his butt, I just spammed cross near his centre.

You can actually get to him easy enough with the same party that rings the bell if you use enc-none and the x 3 speed booster

• Like 1

So it did work, but the thing that happened last time I played happened again. I can't just run into him, the fight won't trigger. As  @Optinooby says, I had to spam X near his ass for the fight to start. So weird. Guides just say to run into him. Oh well, got him, he's done for. Without cheats. Kind of wish I could have seen The End, just wasn't happening. Never saw it once. Not even going to look it up, need to get it myself.

Thanks for the input guys.

Edited by TerminusCross

Easiest way to do it is to just refine the Gilgamesh card that you can win from the final CC group member into 10 holy wars.  I went into the fight with Squall in critical hp range so I would not have to bother with the Aura spell then just make sure you've got triple junctioned to his speed stat along with a high strength stat via Ultima junction.  You will also want auto-haste and the Lionheart blade ideally.  Then just have someone else cast Meltdown on Omega and the other person use holy war.  After that you can keep spamming the button to change whoever has a turn back to Squall until it triggers a limit break as he is in critical state.  Just keep triggering Renzokuken and use a holy war as soon as the buff goes away.  Should be able to beat omega with no damage taken and 2-3 holy wars with this strategy depending on how often Lionheart triggers.  FF8 is really easy to abuse because of how strong holy war is and how easy it is to get via card mod.

You can do something similar with Zell by just spamming Boo yah and Punch rush, but it will take longer overall than just using Renzokuken with Squall.  Keeping Squall in critical range to spam his limit break works for basically the entire game against pretty much everything(just use standard life to revive and keep him in critical if he happens to die).  It makes GFs rather pointless.

Edited by Elegy

Omega Weapon follows an exact pattern every time. If you don't mind using cheats, get at least 1 character to 255 strength (or near it) and 9999 health (or near it), and just spam limit breaks. Put any GF on that character that has defend. When he casts gravija, his next move is going to be Terra Break which always 1 shot me even at 9999 health. As soon he casts gravija, I used defend with Squall and it did 0 damage. It didn't matter that my 2 other characters were dead. He couldn't kill me with this method (with the unlimited health cheat) and I just kept doing this until he was dead. I also used Doomtrain so Squall would do more damage. I have no regrets cheesing this boss lol 

Edited by Lilseb93

• 10 months later...

just use "The End" Selphie, her ultimate Limit Break, and the trophy is your without trouble.

super easy but you may need some tries (4-6 for me). (my Selphie was level 31, full life with no junctions +Squall lev 78 Full life + Quitis lev 32

Dead)

Edited by Xenomorph_1105

• 1 month later...

For a super cheap and easy way use rinoa and the angel wing limit break.

Junction her magic to 255 or as close to it as possible 

Remove all damage,healing and support magic except meteor.

When the fight starts summon doomtrain or cast meltdown for the VIT 0 effect 

Activate the limit break and 3x speed booster 

Rinoa will now cast meteor for free super quick and will kill him easy 

Do be warned that omega can still kill her if he manages to get a turn in and depending on stats. Healing won't be a issue with the booster.