Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond Announced

kidson2004

the Medal of Honor series was definitely nice back then. It was one of the first shooters that I played on Play Station 1, as well as its successor MoH: Underground.

My favorite title from the series absolutely was MoH: Allied Assault (as well as its Add-Ons) for PC.

Not only the campaign was good, also the Multiplayer was fun.

I was hoping so bad that EA would somehow revive this title as a remaster for PS4.

It‘s surprising & kinda frustrating they only develop a VR game now...

They really trying to bring a dead franchise back with a VR game xD. Yeah this will definitly  compete with Cod and Battlefield xD.

Just give me a proper game not vr like old ones or even the 2010 one, not like warfighter.

P.s Can we have Socom comeback instead ;) 

Edited by Conker
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, reiner- said:

@kidson2004

When you say it's also a VR game do you mean it's a VR game as well as a "normal" game or is it only available for VR?

From what I can tell by the trailer, it looks like a VR only game. I really hope it’s not as that would make the game DOA come launch. 

3 hours ago, Conker said:

They really trying to bring a dead franchise back with a VR game xD. Yeah this will definitly  compete with Cod and Battlefield xD.

Just give me a proper game not vr like old ones or even the 2010 one, not like warfighter.

P.s Can we have Socom comeback instead ;) 

YES!!! Would LOVE to play SOCOM all over again! Hell, just remaster 1-3 plus Combined Assault and I’m good!! Or give us a totally new SOCOM game. 

4 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

From what I can tell by the trailer, it looks like a VR only game. I really hope it’s not as that would make the game DOA come launch. 

Yeah man I hope it's not too.

The last few MOH games got a bit of a bad rap but personally I enjoyed them.

Y'know, there’s a reason Danger Close became DICE L.A. Even if Medal Of Honor: Warfighter was as good as the game before that it wouldn’t have stood a chance against Black Ops 2 releasing the next week.

The only games I’ve ever played were those two I just mentioned and I've got to say, Warfighter wasn’t very exciting. If you ask me, the multiplayer in that game was very boring/uneventful but perhaps that’s just because DICE was responsible for the online for the 2010 reboot for Danger Close to focus on the campaign.

Now about the video itself, judging by it I don’t believe the game is going to end up that bad if I’m completely honest. The only thing that could possibly stuff this up is either a poor narrative/story or repetitive/uninventive gameplay (or both). Funny how Respawn decided to make the game as it is because I honestly thought EA never cared about VR besides the free DLC released for STAR WARS Battlefront (2015). You’d think from a money-lusting video game publisher’s perspective they wouldn’t make this decision because your limiting the game to a specific demographic of consumers. Less than 10% of gamers who own a PS4 have the PlayStation VR (should the game require the use of the aim/move controllers is another limitation) which is why not many VR games sold on the platform are commercial hits (Beat Saber being an exception, I suppose).

Edited by Dry

Disappointed that it's VR. I believe a proper MoH with Respawn at the helm would have a chance of competing with CoD and Battlefield in their current states. BFV was a disaster and I doubt DICE has learned their lesson with that and Battlefront 2. MW Remastered is also shaping up to be just another CoD game riddled with microtransactions.

• Like 1