Reverse Engineering Trophy

xMissFantasy

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

Is this missable after the first part of the game? The enemies that are where the statues were always die when I cut off their right arm even with a weak weapon so I can't pick up the arm then kill them. 

Yes, it is missable. But you have to have their weapon equipped for the trophy to pop. Can't be anything else. 

5 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Yes, it is missable. But you have to have their weapon equipped for the trophy to pop. Can't be anything else. 

Yeah, I was thinking cut off the arm with a weak weapon then switch to the Gaia Lancer for the finishing blows. Oh well, need to do new game plus anyway. Thanks for replying. 

i think this has been explained already but in order for the trophy to pop you have to pick up the weapon after cutting the right arm off, equip it immediately, and then kill that same statue with the weapon he had 10 seconds ago.  you can't get the weapon and then kill a different statue, it has to be the same one you got it from.

so it might be missable because you can only pick up an enemy weapon once. though it might be possible to sell it to a vendor and then get another one. i don't know. i never sold anything and i'm not even sure if you can sell weapons. maybe it was just armor and implants. 

1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

It's missable because the enemies that break out of the statues are not there after a major plot event. Different enemies take their place and you can't get the trophy from them unless I am missing something. 

the statues are still there all game if i'm not mistaken. some of them are stuck in nanite (or something like that) but they still have the same weapon so i don't see why you wouldn't be able to cut their right arm off and kill them with it. pretty sure there are still 2-3 of the regular statues as well halfway up some of the paths. i could be wrong though i didn't spend a ton of time in that area after defeating the main boss. 

The ones stuck in the nanite die as soon as you cut off their arm no matter how weak your weapon is so you can't pick up the arm first then kill them. I did find one statue enemy after the plot event but it does not respawn. I looked over that area pretty well and wasn't able to find another. Hopefully it gets patched to work properly so you just have to kill one with the Gaia Lancer.

Edited by Killbomb

On 26/9/2019 at 3:46 AM, xMissFantasy said:

I literally just got it right now. All I did was cut off the right arm, picked the item up then focused on the left arm till it died. I don't understand why that worked but it did. Dunno if that's exactly what you did but I appreciate the reply @Admiralvic1f44d.png

Thanks for the tip, got it yesterday 

• Like 1

I got it with the normal golden statues (not the nanite ones). First I cut their right arm with my usual weapon and picked up their loot. I did already have their weapon in my inventory, but the point seems to be to pick up their drop, no matter what item it contains. After picking it up, I switched to their weapon and killed it. I got the trophy. Since the golden statues do not seem to respawn, be careful with this or you have to go to NG+ like me xD it's doable though, even with an old NG weapon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hokupe said:

I got it with the normal golden statues (not the nanite ones). First I cut their right arm with my usual weapon and picked up their loot. I did already have their weapon in my inventory, but the point seems to be to pick up their drop, no matter what item it contains. After picking it up, I switched to their weapon and killed it. I got the trophy. Since the golden statues do not seem to respawn, be careful with this or you have to go to NG+ like me xD it's doable though, even with an old NG weapon.

They do respawn but you either have to die, or leave the area and come back. As long as you're not in the second part of the game, you can go back and try as many times as you want.