Finally got control of the airship to mop up collectible... However

DaveMcDamage

Hi all,

So as the thread title suggest I finally beat Yunalesca and now have control of the airship. With that I thought I would mop up some of the collectibles like monster catches, celest weapons etc etc. So off I went to Besaid (think thats how its spelled) and when I catch the 3 monsters I need I then headed to the village to collect the Jecht sphere. Get there and all of a sudden I am being called infidel and got destroyed by a dark aeon. 

So my question is this. If I want to get the collectibles and stuff... HOW THE CHUFFING HECK DO I DO SO! *pant-pant* :(

Even my Bahumut aeon only did 53 points of damage to the dark aeon... GAH! So what I am after is info on what sort of mop-ups I can be doing until I am able to tackle these dark aeon characters and get back to finding collectibles etc. 

PS: Whilst I am here. When you have zombie cast on you, is the only perk to that when there is a chance enemies can cast death and stuff on you. Was advised to stay in zombie for Yunalesca but didn't ask them why. 

Cheers for all the awesome help you guys and gals have been giving me on this game. Its a real blast but I'm still nube-ula-sonic at it. 

• Like 1

So best way to get all the collectables is do do it after doing a lot of grinding for the Sphere Grid trophy where you have to fill every single node.

Go to the Calm Lands and fight the Earth Eater boss to gain luck spheres there is also another boss you have to get to gain fortune sphere to use in the luck spheres. You will also gain xp and other sphere drops too to help level up your characters, but specifically use the luck/fortune spheres first all on Yuna as you want to get that as high as possilble (ideally 200 if you can 255).

Once you have done this and you collected the optional Aeon Yojimbo you will have to go up to the Dark Aeon (in this case Valfor) and pay Yojimbo 100 gil then 101 103 until you can get him to do Zanmato (make sure Yuna has her overdrive and all your aeons have their overdrives) he will generally with a full overdrive on Yuna and himself do Zanmato for you this will instantly kill any boss in the game (not sure about pennance) do this with all Dark Aeons then you can carry on collecting stuff you need to. :)

You are in for a loooooooong grind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkSoleride said:

So best way to get all the collectables is do do it after doing a lot of grinding for the Sphere Grid trophy where you have to fill every single node.

Go to the Calm Lands and fight the Earth Eater boss to gain luck spheres there is also another boss you have to get to gain fortune sphere to use in the luck spheres. You will also gain xp and other sphere drops too to help level up your characters, but specifically use the luck/fortune spheres first all on Yuna as you want to get that as high as possilble (ideally 200 if you can 255).

Once you have done this and you collected the optional Aeon Yojimbo you will have to go up to the Dark Aeon (in this case Valfor) and pay Yojimbo 100 gil then 101 103 until you can get him to do Zanmato (make sure Yuna has her overdrive and all your aeons have their overdrives) he will generally with a full overdrive on Yuna and himself do Zanmato for you this will instantly kill any boss in the game (not sure about pennance) do this with all Dark Aeons then you can carry on collecting stuff you need to. :)

You are in for a loooooooong grind.

Awesome info man. Cheers!

Yeah I know about the grind, but reading on here didn't prepare me for the sheer size of the sphere grid lol. I still can't figure that part out though. Because I don't have enough stuff to fill in empty nodes, I have started using other characters skills. So for example Tidus is now in Yuna's table. So what is it that actually constitutes as 'completing a single characters grid'? Does it mean each character has to fill out the entire table, or just their specific section but all nodes including having to fill in empty nodes. Also is there going to be problems for me now that I have Tidus in Yuna's sections?

Anway. I reloaded from before the dark aeon of Besaid and instead went about monster hunting and crest searching. I was on the Thunder Plains and I then ran into Dark Xion or whatever that is called. I was able to flee and continue with no issues. Is that the same for Besaid or must you beat that dark aeon in order to search for the Jecht sphere etc?

And I still don'ty get Yojimbo. I tried to use him on Yunalesca but he kept doing that throwing knife and cost me around 150k. So the trick is to pay lower you say? Crazy stuff. 

Also. Ages ago I had a go at the choccobo training but failed. I then found out that you need to do this in order to gain another quest for the celest mirror. Can't find the frikkin choccobo trainer in the calm lands anymore, so will have to research this with a fresh pot of tea and biscuits. 

Cheers for you help man. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Anway. I reloaded from before the dark aeon of Besaid and instead went about monster hunting and crest searching. I was on the Thunder Plains and I then ran into Dark Xion or whatever that is called. I was able to flee and continue with no issues. Is that the same for Besaid or must you beat that dark aeon in order to search for the Jecht sphere etc?

To re-enter Besaid you need to beat Dark Valefor.

• Like 1

It's best to be careful with Yojimbo. If you pay too low and he does the dog attack, his affinity will actually get lower. This also happens if he dies, or get dismissed without paying anything. You should only ever see Wakizashi and Zanmato from him if you want to build him up for the Zanmato strategy.

Just my point of view... don't use Yojimbo. Makes the game soooo boring. 

Most collectibles can be gotten without having to beat Dark Aeons. Not the Spheres, obviously, although Dark Valefor is the easiest one and you should be able to beat it without much hassle a bit later, when you are a bit stronger. You can do the minigames and get the crests and sigils, get the ultimate weapons, etc... 

And I would recommend capturing all enemies you can while you are progressing through the game normally, otherwise you'll have to grind a lot later. 

36 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

So what is it that actually constitutes as 'completing a single characters grid'? Does it mean each character has to fill out the entire table, or just their specific section but all nodes including having to fill in empty nodes. Also is there going to be problems for me now that I have Tidus in Yuna's sections?

You need to complete the entire grid with every single character. They all have the same grid, but they start at different points (yeah, Lulu will at some point do 99k damage with her puppet).  You'll also need to fill the empty slots and get those abilities too. But don't worry about it, there is a fast grinding method involving the monster arena that you can do much much later on. 

- Attack, Def and M Def, Speed, and Luck are the best stats to have maxed, or at least high. 

- Luck can substitute for accuracy + evasion, especially if it's high enough. I maxed out Luck on my characters and every hit was a crit, I never got hit unless it was an unmissable attack or the dark aeons/superbosses. The same would apply for my attacks. 

- HP isn't too important to beef past 9,999 because anything that can hit you over 9999 will be most likely hitting you for 99k.

- Ribbon is a lifesaver on your armor. If you dont want celestial weapons, get break damage limit. Keep in mind the celestial weapons are imbued with Pierce already, whereas other weapons wont ignore defense.

- Yuna's aeons are just meatshields for the dark aeons. you could beef them up, but they will not survive the attacks regardless. I never lost all aeons in any battle with them, if you lose them all and still can't beat a dark aeon, you're not strong enough. I personally never bothered to level them up. Just toss them out right before the Dark Aeon's turn when they have their overdrive gauge filled or else you WILL die. 

- If you want to cheese them + penance, Yojimbo is the way to go. Start by paying him a decent amount, like 10 to 20k. keep doing it for a while until he is spamming zanmato and you can start to cut back on it. I paid him 2k to zanmato on Penance lol. I fought all the Dark Aeons legit and just did Zanmato on Penance, I was burnt out of the grind by then, but Zanmato will work for pretty much everything in the game if you so desire.

- There's certain areas now that are cordoned off by a Dark Aeon. I learned this the hard way when I went to get the key item for Tidus after Yunalesca and proceeded to get annihilated by Dark Bahamut. I'd google the locations and a recommended stat build for when to fight them. I dont remember it all off the top of my head and I haven't played since I got the plat a while back.

- Focus on getting ultimate weapons, once you are confident, head to the omega ruins. here you should try to grind out a bit

- unlock as many monsters as you can from the calm lands monster arena. Focus on being able to kill the monsters that drop the nodes and spheres you are focusing on. 

- Follow youtube videos for the chests under the temple in calm lands + balloons. The balloon race is just best to find a line that works for you and continue to tweak it.The wonky controls on the chocobo make it harder than it really is.

- theres a spot on the thunder plans that has a scripted lightning bolt to drop. I found a good method that was running in a small circle into the spot that forces the drop, get to 20-25, pause the game, stretch my fingers for 30 seconds, and then do 25 more. You'll get it in a few minutes like this if you are patient and attentive.

- Blitzball will be necessary to get wakkas ultimate and his final limit break, but if you get a good strategy you can get massive points easily and win games with little effort. I ran virtually the same play every game and would score almost 10 points each game. It's just a bit tedious after a while.

What are your levels/stats right now? You might be best trying to get some double and/or triple AP weapons, and grinding your characters before tackling the heavy stuff. The grind is real, I have gameplay spread over across 2 years playing it on and off. The worst part of the grind was on characters like lulu and wakka that i don't use. 

• Like 1

The only way to get the Besaid Jecht sphere without beating Dark Valefor is to to go to an earlier save and back track on foot to Besaid. I forgot what point you can do this but you'd surely lose hours of progress. 

There are numerous guides detailing how to get Yojimbo to like you and I recommend perusing them if you intend to use Zanmato frequently. No matter what though, you need to fill every single sphere on the sphere grid so you might as well stat max.

Holy effing chunder monkeys!!!!!! EVERY NODE!

I had a horrible feeling this would be the case but kept denying it. Wow man. I get its single player and all that so no servers worries, but is there even a point in doing anything when you have the grid filled for every character? Sheesh! Thankfully I back up saves to USB so if the PS4 dies before I get the 100%, at least I have backups. 

But again guys, thanks so much for all this info, its brilliant. I know Gamefaqs has some awesome content, but Gamefaqs is usually years of study on each game, and a game like this they can't take or explain lightly, so I really do appreciate you guys laying down the layman's for me. 

My stats (now that I know you have to upgrade the entire frikkin grid) probably aren't that great. I do well and its probably only the odd random battle or boss that gives me any grief now. Other than that though I suppose my stats would be pretty low. 

Yeah I will definitely go looking for these celest/ultimate weapons next. I need to look up the quest involved though. I only read a bit on it briefly but will find it again. Started getting sort of used to the weapon customisation. I changed a sword of Tidu's into one called Avenger... looks like a big yellow cleaver now haha. But I suppose its all about getting those ultimate weapons. I will also do some more monster captures. Basically since that opened up I had been using capture weapons on everything so did Gagazet when I was there in story mode, but will have to go back to get Kimahris crest. Wish I new about it then...Gah!

Just letting the pad charge now so will get on the game later. Please keep your eyes peeled for my next set of text screams for help. 

Cheers chaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Holy effing chunder monkeys!!!!!! EVERY NODE!

I had a horrible feeling this would be the case but kept denying it. Wow man. I get its single player and all that so no servers worries, but is there even a point in doing anything when you have the grid filled for every character? Sheesh! Thankfully I back up saves to USB so if the PS4 dies before I get the 100%, at least I have backups. 

But again guys, thanks so much for all this info, its brilliant. I know Gamefaqs has some awesome content, but Gamefaqs is usually years of study on each game, and a game like this they can't take or explain lightly, so I really do appreciate you guys laying down the layman's for me. 

My stats (now that I know you have to upgrade the entire frikkin grid) probably aren't that great. I do well and its probably only the odd random battle or boss that gives me any grief now. Other than that though I suppose my stats would be pretty low. 

Yeah I will definitely go looking for these celest/ultimate weapons next. I need to look up the quest involved though. I only read a bit on it briefly but will find it again. Started getting sort of used to the weapon customisation. I changed a sword of Tidu's into one called Avenger... looks like a big yellow cleaver now haha. But I suppose its all about getting those ultimate weapons. I will also do some more monster captures. Basically since that opened up I had been using capture weapons on everything so did Gagazet when I was there in story mode, but will have to go back to get Kimahris crest. Wish I new about it then...Gah!

Just letting the pad charge now so will get on the game later. Please keep your eyes peeled for my next set of text screams for help. 

Cheers chaps.

Since you got the airship, you might want to go to the little desert isle, I forgot the name of it (might have to google the location), you can get double or triple AP-imbued weapons. That would be a good start. Grind in Zanarkand for awhile if you can. Tidus's is called the Ascalon if I remember correctly. It might not be safe at this point to enter the Omega Ruins, but I suggest you do it a little at a time until you are comfortable clearing it. Without a proper set up, a Great Malboro or Demonolith might wipe you, not to mention those damn tonberrys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Since you got the airship, you might want to go to the little desert isle, I forgot the name of it (might have to google the location), you can get double or triple AP-imbued weapons. That would be a good start. Grind in Zanarkand for awhile if you can. Tidus's is called the Ascalon if I remember correctly. It might not be safe at this point to enter the Omega Ruins, but I suggest you do it a little at a time until you are comfortable clearing it. Without a proper set up, a Great Malboro or Demonolith might wipe you, not to mention those damn tonberrys.

Well for a bit I went back to some locations to capture monsters. Do I need to catch 10 of each in each of the locations? Was just hoping it was one of each but then noticed somewhere that capturing, say, 10 in 2 locations then the monster guy creates an original creation or something. 

Other downside to this is that I am not leveling because the enemies are so easy. But I am getting to work on Tidus's 4 overdrive. 

I then wanted to take a break from that and do the chocobo training. I don't like venting at games but whoever designed this mini-game needs a kick in the jaffas. Took about 10 attempts to eventually get 12.8 which I got exactly. Then the next one really enraged me with its heat seeking blue orbs.... GAH! Rage quit that for now. 

Been looking into that Tonberry fellow as its the only one I haven't captured at the stolen fayth place. Seems he's tougher than most of the bosses so far, on stats anyway. Gah!

I need an emergency nap. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

Each location has a set list of monsters to catch. There's an area I think in Macalania where an armored monster appears in a different regions list, or vice versa, so it gets tricky at times as they may not line up exactly with the physical location in game. I'd focus more on getting your levels up. If you're struggling with a tonberry, you are going to have an awful time on the monster creations. 

I highly advise getting access to the AP boosting weapons, and get most of the grid activated. From there you can fill in the nodes as necessary. Like I mentioned before, strength, the defenses, speed and luck will drastically change your game. Luck is the hardest to max, I added an ungodly amount of hours to my playthrough because I decided to max luck on all characters. It's not necessary, i think anything over like 150 is probably overkill. But definitely focus on strength (or magic if you are a magic-centric team) at least. You can't grind effectively if you cant kill things efficiently. if they are easy then you shouldn't be farming in that area. 

There are the main creatures you should grind in the arena. Many have moves they spam, ultra high defense or hit very hard, counterattack or have OHKO moves.

Juggernaut - Strength Sphere

Fenrir - Agility Sphere

Jumbo Flan - Magic Sphere

One Eye - M Def Sphere

Tanket - Def Sphere

Greater Sphere - Luck Sphere

Earth Eater - Fortune Sphere

Hornet - Accuracy Sphere (advise against this, if you do luck it takes the place of this and evasion pretty much)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RavenScythe said:

By the way, did you even search and got your hands on the Sun Crest after you have defeated Yunalesca? If not. Welp R.I.P. fully upgraded Caladbolg.

Yes I did thankfully. Happened by accident as when I got my arse kicked by her I switched off and has a quick read of the weapons and what upgrades they need. I noticed I missed out on Kimarhri's crest in Gagazet, but saw that there was one for Yunalesca and to get it as you beat her and not to come back for it. 

But this celest mirror that I need is attached to the chocobo training missios or something. And wow do I hate those mini-games, and not even got to the one that most people hate. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yes I did thankfully. Happened by accident as when I got my arse kicked by her I switched off and has a quick read of the weapons and what upgrades they need. I noticed I missed out on Kimarhri's crest in Gagazet, but saw that there was one for Yunalesca and to get it as you beat her and not to come back for it. 

But this celest mirror that I need is attached to the chocobo training missios or something. And wow do I hate those mini-games, and not even got to the one that most people hate. 

Its just getting the hang of the controls. They are terrible, especially when the camera position changes it throws it off. Try checking out some youtube videos on them just to get a gist of the trajectory to take. If you can get Tidus' weapon it might help with the initial hurdle in difficulty, but if you dont have their ultimates its gonna be a pain in the ass. I dont think any of them are missable, its just the backtracking is a pain.

Also, your completion is impressive! I'm trying drastically to increase my numbers, ill be happy just to get to 50%

2 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Its just getting the hang of the controls. They are terrible, especially when the camera position changes it throws it off. Try checking out some youtube videos on them just to get a gist of the trajectory to take. If you can get Tidus' weapon it might help with the initial hurdle in difficulty, but if you dont have their ultimates its gonna be a pain in the ass. I dont think any of them are missable, its just the backtracking is a pain.

Also, your completion is impressive! I'm trying drastically to increase my numbers, ill be happy just to get to 50%

Cheers man.

Yeah bad controls and wonky camera work makes it hard. But I think I also have to remember that this game is nearly 20 years old right? For a turn based RPG, introducing a driving mechanic as well as rotating the camera at a pace which isn't the same as walking was probably a bitch to do back then. 

I did win the race but not the 00.00.0 timer trophy. So I went to the woman in the far north who's down the dip but still wouldn't let me pass. Looked online and that was for Tidus's sword, not the mirror which I was after. So I went the other way and did that spiral race (not for treasure trophy, just to win) got the mirror, did the second part to make it shiny and then got Kimi's, Auron's, Rikku and Yuna'd celest weapons. Also got some of the crests for Auron, Yuna and Kimi. That along with monster hunting and I was burnt out. I think mostly because the monsters were too lower levelled so I wasn't actually gaining anything from it but instead building towards the final requirements. 

I think tomorrow I will mix it up and do some Blitzball stuff as well as try to beat that dark aeon at Besaid. 

As for my completion. Cheers man. I despise online gaming and back when I first started trophies and achievements I got into all that boosting crap because online requirements are just too tedious, much like the sphere grid grind on this game, but at least with this it serves a purpose for the actual gameplay. So I basically set different profiles up. This is my single player completion profile which I started last year I think. Now I just go for games I want to play and then aim to get the 100%. I wouldn't consider myself a completionist though, as that implies that whatever game I touch I will aim for 100%, but my other profiles are for games I have no interest in going for 100% and this one is for the personal targets. Getting older now too, so the slower turn based style of this game appealed to me. I remember doing all the button mashes on Yakuza Zero as was totally wrecked after them lol thats when even age gets in the way of gaming haha. 

And if I am honest this gen of gaming has been pretty weak. Don't get me wrong, when devs get it right they overshadow everything that was they rival versions pre-gen, God of War, Spider-man, Witcher 3 etc. But those games are so few and far between sadly. I would have been playing Final Fantasy XV right now if it wasn't for the fact that they have made the completion impossible to achieve due to servers shutting on the dlc. They have an online FF game, so I don't even get why they messed with XV. But much like this game, the remasters and remakes have saved this gen for me. Shouldn't be like that, but for me thats how it is. 

So tomorrow its gonna be some aquatic dodge ball/netball/football for me :D

3 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man.

Yeah bad controls and wonky camera work makes it hard. But I think I also have to remember that this game is nearly 20 years old right? For a turn based RPG, introducing a driving mechanic as well as rotating the camera at a pace which isn't the same as walking was probably a bitch to do back then. 

I did win the race but not the 00.00.0 timer trophy. So I went to the woman in the far north who's down the dip but still wouldn't let me pass. Looked online and that was for Tidus's sword, not the mirror which I was after. So I went the other way and did that spiral race (not for treasure trophy, just to win) got the mirror, did the second part to make it shiny and then got Kimi's, Auron's, Rikku and Yuna'd celest weapons. Also got some of the crests for Auron, Yuna and Kimi. That along with monster hunting and I was burnt out. I think mostly because the monsters were too lower levelled so I wasn't actually gaining anything from it but instead building towards the final requirements. 

I think tomorrow I will mix it up and do some Blitzball stuff as well as try to beat that dark aeon at Besaid. 

As for my completion. Cheers man. I despise online gaming and back when I first started trophies and achievements I got into all that boosting crap because online requirements are just too tedious, much like the sphere grid grind on this game, but at least with this it serves a purpose for the actual gameplay. So I basically set different profiles up. This is my single player completion profile which I started last year I think. Now I just go for games I want to play and then aim to get the 100%. I wouldn't consider myself a completionist though, as that implies that whatever game I touch I will aim for 100%, but my other profiles are for games I have no interest in going for 100% and this one is for the personal targets. Getting older now too, so the slower turn based style of this game appealed to me. I remember doing all the button mashes on Yakuza Zero as was totally wrecked after them lol thats when even age gets in the way of gaming haha. 

And if I am honest this gen of gaming has been pretty weak. Don't get me wrong, when devs get it right they overshadow everything that was they rival versions pre-gen, God of War, Spider-man, Witcher 3 etc. But those games are so few and far between sadly. I would have been playing Final Fantasy XV right now if it wasn't for the fact that they have made the completion impossible to achieve due to servers shutting on the dlc. They have an online FF game, so I don't even get why they messed with XV. But much like this game, the remasters and remakes have saved this gen for me. Shouldn't be like that, but for me thats how it is. 

So tomorrow its gonna be some aquatic dodge ball/netball/football for me :D

Blitzball is best done in bursts, trying to do it all at once is alot. 

Dark Valefor is the first hurdle, he's much more forgiving then the rest of them.

I feel you on XV, I havent touched it since the DLCs came out, i platted it when it first came out and honestly, I was a bit disappointed at the overall structure of the game. I felt like there was too much emptiness for such a beautiful game. Just keep at it on X, it's arguably one of the greatest, and it's great to see that grid fill up and your characters are tanks, you can literally kill the final boss in like 2 or 3 hits i think lol i dont remember too much off the top of my head but if you need more tips ill try to recall other tips or things i did, or look up some stuff. Best of luck!

Who are your main characters that you use BTW and their current stats? 

12 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Blitzball is best done in bursts, trying to do it all at once is alot. 

Dark Valefor is the first hurdle, he's much more forgiving then the rest of them.

I feel you on XV, I havent touched it since the DLCs came out, i platted it when it first came out and honestly, I was a bit disappointed at the overall structure of the game. I felt like there was too much emptiness for such a beautiful game. Just keep at it on X, it's arguably one of the greatest, and it's great to see that grid fill up and your characters are tanks, you can literally kill the final boss in like 2 or 3 hits i think lol i dont remember too much off the top of my head but if you need more tips ill try to recall other tips or things i did, or look up some stuff. Best of luck!

Who are your main characters that you use BTW and their current stats? 

I mostly use Tidus and Auron for close, Wakka for air monsters, and then a mixture of Yuna and Lulu for their magic. Rikku's overdrive is awesome but not so much a fighter. 

Stats probably aren't the best as I have done very little is terms of what is required of the grid for each character. 

I know what you mean about Blitzball in bursts. I'm just glad you can save after each game. I couldn't wait so got the hang of the game and just won my first league and then my first tournament. Sadly it didn't give me any of Wakk's overdrives or his weapon upgrades. 

EDIT OF AWESOMENESS!!!

So after looking more into Blitzball Wakka goodies, its not as RNG as I thought. I totally didn't even take notice of the prize list so wasted both a league and tournament play through. It then said make a save when you finish either the league or tourney and soft reset (I take it thats the trigger buttons and start?) and keep checking to see if the prizes change. Well for me that never worked so thought I'd start a new league and try again. Then a couple of games in the tourney re-started and hit reels appeared. Stopped the league games and was able to win the tourney. One  down, 2 overdives and a sigil to go. 

So then I unlocked all the stuff for Aurons ultimate weapon and found out you need to go back to that shiny thing to use the crests and sigil. Might also kill two birds with one stone and do that butterfly thing for Kimi. Also managed to snag a Ton Berry but the RNG of finding him wrecked it for me so have to take a break from it. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

8 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I mostly use Tidus and Auron for close, Wakka for air monsters, and then a mixture of Yuna and Lulu for their magic. Rikku's overdrive is awesome but not so much a fighter. 

Stats probably aren't the best as I have done very little is terms of what is required of the grid for each character. 

I know what you mean about Blitzball in bursts. I'm just glad you can save after each game. I couldn't wait so got the hang of the game and just won my first league and then my first tournament. Sadly it didn't give me any of Wakk's overdrives or his weapon upgrades. 

Ahh OK, so you still got everyone in their "niche" roles. I take it you haven't broken much out of their tailored sections of the grid? AP starts pouring in at the Omega Ruins. I'd say save your game, and then go there and see if you can put a dent in even the smallest of enemies. What I did was i grinded the little desert island for some AP boosting items, and then imbued them with piercing or something of that nature. The celestials are great but you arent getting AP bonuses so thats the main issue. If you get weapon drops with Break Damage Limit and can imbue it with AP boosts then you are golden, but the mats for those are a bit rare. But if you can get those AP boosting weapons it will at least make your current leveling locations a bit more feasible.

Id also suggest working on the grids for all characters simultaneously, so you arent doing what I did and just grinding for shit characters you dont care for at the end.

The rewards for Blitzball are sometimes hit or miss, its just RNG I think. 

3 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Ahh OK, so you still got everyone in their "niche" roles. I take it you haven't broken much out of their tailored sections of the grid? AP starts pouring in at the Omega Ruins. I'd say save your game, and then go there and see if you can put a dent in even the smallest of enemies. What I did was i grinded the little desert island for some AP boosting items, and then imbued them with piercing or something of that nature. The celestials are great but you arent getting AP bonuses so thats the main issue. If you get weapon drops with Break Damage Limit and can imbue it with AP boosts then you are golden, but the mats for those are a bit rare. But if you can get those AP boosting weapons it will at least make your current leveling locations a bit more feasible.

Id also suggest working on the grids for all characters simultaneously, so you arent doing what I did and just grinding for shit characters you dont care for at the end.

The rewards for Blitzball are sometimes hit or miss, its just RNG I think. 

Thanks man. 

Been a bit frustrated on the game today. I finally got Auron's ultimate weapon completed and couldn't wait to try it out, but if I am honest I was getting quicker kills with his beastmaster capture sword. Now obviously people love these weapons but personally I don't get it, so will no doubt have to look into it. 

Whilst I was there I was going to get Kimhari's saturn sigil. So I started at the bird man first and did that. Even got the white flash and then when it clears I am on a different screen. Looked back to previous screen and no chest. Again had to go back to the net to look into this, and it turns out you basically have to stop dead (which I did anyway) otherwise it cancels out the chest. 

I'll be honest mate. The mini-games are destroying this game for me due to how mechanically bad the're. Curse of wanting the 100% I suppose... and the fact the game is older than balls. Balls that have been freshly painted mind you. 

Yeah I might take a trip to Omega and get back to some fights. By the way. I was looking at those co-ordinates and there is also 3 others. Godhand for Rikku, and one of Auron but I don't understand what its supposed to do. Says something about 1mp or something.

EDIT

Omega didn't go so well. First enemy I ran into was a giant turtle. Why I didn't use armour break I do not know but it ended in my team getting wiped out. Reloaded and then came across Ton Berry or whatever its called and it destroyed my team with Karma. 

So to cheers myself up and try to make the days gaming a total waste, I got Yuna's overdrive filled, went back to Besaid, paid Yojimbo 100001 and he cast that Zamato thing. You always know when he will do it because he nods his head. Got the last three Jecht spheres that I needed, got Auron's final overdrive and called it a day. Next time I need to know how to get back to Bikenal or however its spelled and do some monster hunting. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Thanks man. 

Been a bit frustrated on the game today. I finally got Auron's ultimate weapon completed and couldn't wait to try it out, but if I am honest I was getting quicker kills with his beastmaster capture sword. Now obviously people love these weapons but personally I don't get it, so will no doubt have to look into it. 

Whilst I was there I was going to get Kimhari's saturn sigil. So I started at the bird man first and did that. Even got the white flash and then when it clears I am on a different screen. Looked back to previous screen and no chest. Again had to go back to the net to look into this, and it turns out you basically have to stop dead (which I did anyway) otherwise it cancels out the chest. 

I'll be honest mate. The mini-games are destroying this game for me due to how mechanically bad the're. Curse of wanting the 100% I suppose... and the fact the game is older than balls. Balls that have been freshly painted mind you. 

Yeah I might take a trip to Omega and get back to some fights. By the way. I was looking at those co-ordinates and there is also 3 others. Godhand for Rikku, and one of Auron but I don't understand what its supposed to do. Says something about 1mp or something.

I gotta look back into those, but the biggest one is the desert island for those AP weapons.

Auron's Masamune deals more damage the lower his health is, so at full HP hes not dealing 100%. Once hes strong enough through I dont think it matters as much.

Some of the minigames are annoying, I agree. It's probably best to level up and go back to them every so often, youll burn out real quick if you get frustrated on them. Its all just practice though, youll get it. 

Honestly, Grind-wise, FF X was probably the longest I've spent on a platinum, besides No Man's Sky. I could double check the hours I put in when I get home just to give you a sheer # of how long it took me, then again I made my grind much worse by maxing out luck for all characters, and just effing off alot. Once I finish up Digimon Story CS that might be another contender, as I still have some collectibles to hopefully get and I'm sitting at almost 180 hrs of gameplay

2 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I gotta look back into those, but the biggest one is the desert island for those AP weapons.

Auron's Masamune deals more damage the lower his health is, so at full HP hes not dealing 100%. Once hes strong enough through I dont think it matters as much.

Some of the minigames are annoying, I agree. It's probably best to level up and go back to them every so often, youll burn out real quick if you get frustrated on them. Its all just practice though, youll get it. 

Honestly, Grind-wise, FF X was probably the longest I've spent on a platinum, besides No Man's Sky. I could double check the hours I put in when I get home just to give you a sheer # of how long it took me, then again I made my grind much worse by maxing out luck for all characters, and just effing off alot. Once I finish up Digimon Story CS that might be another contender, as I still have some collectibles to hopefully get and I'm sitting at almost 180 hrs of gameplay

I think my clocked hours so far are 55 hours. I've had holiday time off work and had no plans other than to expand my waistline and play some FFX. But even I was shocked at time played so far. But I cannot see me doing it within the 110 hour mark like the trophy guide on here suggests. In my personal opinion I think when a game features so much RNG, then on the completion time they should put a '+' sign next to the hours to indicate if all goes well then yes you can do it in this, but RNG can potentially make a game impossible to complete if it random counter keeps going against you.

Anyway I went back to Omega and this time stayed right by the save point. Captured a couple but when trying to map and use flee to show more map for next time, I had to flee some real  hardcore b**tards lol. 

Then everything when from great to s**t. Went to the desert to do monster hunting as well as the specific captures for other creation requirements. Then I thought I might as well go for the Rikku crest thing whilst I am here. Spoke to an NPC and she led me straight to the dark aeon who wouldn't let me flee. Got wasted and lost all my captuires for that area as there was no save point near by. But thats what is really pissing me off too. They made it so you cannot chance talking to NPC's once you get the airship, and not being able to mingle in an RPG is sacrilege.

My other worry is when I go back to work how much time can I put into the game etc. If I am coming home from the work grind, this will really push me away if I get home to grind on a game lol. Guess we'll see. 

• Like 1

I'm actually near the end of this game right now (I'm Inside Sin), and I've been lurking on your posts, Dave. My hat is off to anyone who tries to Platinum this game. It's great and I've been really enjoying it, but I don't have 10% of the patience and stamina required for the Platinum. I really wanted to get the last 2 Aeons at least, but I am not motivated to prep for the fight against Dark Shiva that I'd have to do for that.

For that matter I haven't gotten 100% in any JRPG, but this one is especially painful IMO. Good luck in your quest!

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm actually near the end of this game right now (I'm Inside Sin), and I've been lurking on your posts, Dave. My hat is off to anyone who tries to Platinum this game. It's great and I've been really enjoying it, but I don't have 10% of the patience and stamina required for the Platinum. I really wanted to get the last 2 Aeons at least, but I am not motivated to prep for the fight against Dark Shiva that I'd have to do for that.

For that matter I haven't gotten 100% in any JRPG, but this one is especially painful IMO. Good luck in your quest!

Don't just stand there lurking man! Come in and indulge in some video game stress :D

I'm trying to mix it up as much as I can in order to not let the game requirements send my soul off to the stress plain :D

Last session I finished the final cloister trial so next its off to Baaj in order to get the Anima aeon. As far as having to fight Dark Sheeva, I was not aware of this. At this level the only chance I could beat her is if I cast fire on the PS4 and launch it out the front window. I take that cold bitch down....... I'LL TAKE EM ALL DOWN YA HEAR ME!!!!!! *ahem*

Did you do the chocobo races as the butterfly catches yet?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Don't just stand there lurking man! Come in and indulge in some video game stress :D

I'm trying to mix it up as much as I can in order to not let the game requirements send my soul off to the stress plain :D

Last session I finished the final cloister trial so next its off to Baaj in order to get the Anima aeon. As far as having to fight Dark Sheeva, I was not aware of this. At this level the only chance I could beat her is if I cast fire on the PS4 and launch it out the front window. I take that cold bitch down....... I'LL TAKE EM ALL DOWN YA HEAR ME!!!!!! *ahem*

Did you do the chocobo races as the butterfly catches yet?

The problem with the guide time frames is they are usually someone who rushed, took minimal time to enjoy the story and all content, and did just the bare minimum to get the platinum. Not all of us do that or some of us take detours. My save file was 208:25:05 lol just checked, so trust me I know what you mean.