Finally got control of the airship to mop up collectible... However

DaveMcDamage

20 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Well you have people saying Yuna having 95 luck is enough, then others say 115. I think the guys who go for the 255 are only doing so just to fill out those stats. Its like having 99999 health. I doubt you would ever need that and the bosses that take a lot off you are usually the ones that will kill you outright no matter if you have 9 health or 99999. 

But the grid filling does actually become ok, luck spheres aside. When people say they loved the game so much I couldn't understand it. From a story perspective its great up until you get the airship and then you have to take a huge break from the main game to stat build at the monster grounds. But thats when it dawned on me. Its the stat filling that people enjoy. It itself is a sort of game if you will. How fast can you farm, what loot will you get etc etc. And then once all thats done then you can finish the story. 

In terms of the way the game is structured its a f**king mess if you're playing for the 100% completion. But if you weren't tossed by the max stats or trophies, then a story playthrough would still be awesome on its own. 

EDIT

Also. Forget to mention. 

Now that you have the no encounter item for Rikku, you can indeed go ahead and go for the 200 thunder dodges. As long as she is wearing it and in the first team you can do it hassle free. What I would recommend is bursts of 25 until you reach 100 with a rest and focus break, then once you gut 100 do them in bursts of 10. More breaks but counting 10 at a time seems to make it fly by. Its not as horrible as people make out, its just extremely f**king tedious, though nothing compared to the skipping game in FFVX from what I hear. 

EDIT EDIT

Ignore my battle info for Greater Sphere. Instead what is miles quicker is to have Rikku, Tidus and Wakka in the first team. Have Rikku cast mighty g to grant auto life to all, then use cheer 5 times. After that you basically want to be able to use Wakka and Tidus's overdrive and getting as many hits as possible with Wakka. If you can get the best overdrives then this battle is over in a couple of minutes. 

I loved the story when I originally played the game and still love it now, possibly my favourite FF story. Yeah I can understand it's like 2 games in 1 in a way and well I doubt I would get to 255 for everything, just enough to get the required trophies lol.

O ok thanks for the info regarding Rikku and the Thunder Dodges. I was going to farm for items to create no encounter for Tidus, but seems like I don't need to do that now! Yes that sounds like a good strategy to go for, I'll try to remember that when I do it! Yeah the skipping game from FFIX is horrible and the requirement for the trophies are crazy. 

Really appreciate all the info you have given me, I have this tab open on my phone so that when I do play again I will be able to reference all this!

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

I loved the story when I originally played the game and still love it now, possibly my favourite FF story. Yeah I can understand it's like 2 games in 1 in a way and well I doubt I would get to 255 for everything, just enough to get the required trophies lol.

O ok thanks for the info regarding Rikku and the Thunder Dodges. I was going to farm for items to create no encounter for Tidus, but seems like I don't need to do that now! Yes that sounds like a good strategy to go for, I'll try to remember that when I do it! Yeah the skipping game from FFIX is horrible and the requirement for the trophies are crazy. 

Really appreciate all the info you have given me, I have this tab open on my phone so that when I do play again I will be able to reference all this!

No worries man. Most of what I know is from what others have discovered or told me. 

Only got 21 nodes left to activate. All stats are at 255 with the exception of luck between 112-115 for the characters. Not sure if I have it in me to farm luck anymore lol. Then its off to fight Dark Yojimbo as I have beaten the rest of the dark aeons. Got some cracking loot from some of them too. Looked up a video for Dark Yojimbo just in case I cannot zanamato him. 

Final Fantasy X: Dark Yojimbo Farming, Perfect Strategy - YouTube

But in the vid the guy has all characters at 99999 health which I am just not prepared to do. But instead what you can do is make sure Yuna is one of the last turns before its Dark Yojimbo's turn and then cast an aeon to take the blast. Heard you have to beat him 5 times in one go, but hoping I can at least save between bouts. Reloading causes the fight to start from scratch, so if you lose the 3rd battle its back to square one. But at least if you can save then it will replenish all health and aeons. 

Then after that its another pop at that final chocobo temple race.

Well the awesome news is that Dark Yojimbo is a piece of p**s to beat. Providing you have luck around 120+ or use aim 5 times.

But yeah. Beat him without taking any hits other than the aeons that I used as shields for when it was time for DY's turn. Then off I went and Zana-tomatoed the crap out of Penance. I actually screwed up of DY as when I read up on him, I thought they said go back to where you had the first fight. Went back and couldn't see him so went to the shrine and got a cutscene with DY's human form.... and his doggy *cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute*, then when I came back out the shrine the first fight with DY triggered all over again. So really I beat him 9 times with no hits taken :D

Next its time to finish off the sphere grid trophies and then that damn chocbo temple race. Then finally I can get back to the frikkin story. 

EDIT

Just finished the story and only got that story to go for the platinum. 

Just want to say a massive thank you to all you guys I met since buying this who have gave awesome banter, advice and all round awesomeness. Cheers chaps.

NOW GET THE F**K OVER TO THE FFX-2 FORUM.............I WILL NEED HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Edited by DaveMcDamage