Magic Miner not unlocking ?

It can be from the same magic point, but it needs to be from draw POINTS, not the enemies.

I find most draw points useless, but you can always have a GF on a random character you dont use, and just have them draw all magic from random points. One easy way to do it is when you get the Ragnarok you can go to the heaven/hell islands and run around hitting X to get the hidden draw points. You'll actually get useful magic through these like Holy, Aura, Triple, Meteor and Ultima.

This one took me a bit since I was constantly refining magic for my characters and my main team ran out of space for magic, I only had GFs on them so the alt characters couldn't stock any. If you have the speed boost on, some draw points refill pretty quickly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DFuzed said:

Does the draws have to be on the world map, or does it count when you draw from points in dungeons, towns and such?

It can be in dungeons, etc. I got most of mine using the paid one at Shumi Village. 

Edited by mc3027
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Sure, but it does not change the fact that i did draw 100 magics from sources ^^

I am sorry what? You said before you said that you drew 100 magic points for the ultima spell and you wrote ''now trophy''. That now i took it as a no unless i understood wrong?

Either way ok if you got it then good. If not you will get it. And you are asking if someone was in the same situation with you...

As Squall said... whatever :P

On 30/09/2019 at 1:24 AM, Radenthladon said:

I am sorry what? You said before you said that you drew 100 magic points for the ultima spell and you wrote ''now trophy''. That now i took it as a no unless i understood wrong?

Either way ok if you got it then good. If not you will get it. And you are asking if someone was in the same situation with you...

As Squall said... whatever :P

My bad, I'm french and my autocorrect sometimes make me say things I don't mean lol

I've finally unlocked it, at the begining of the 3rd CD ! But I sure had more then 100 magics from sources at this point. Maybe you need to pass a certain point in the story ? :o

Magic Miner is for drawing magic from draw points, which are the pink lights coming from the ground (they will become blue when you have pulled the magic from that spot and it has not replenished itself yet). You must draw 100 times from these points and does not have to be the same one. Any draw point will count towards the counter and you can even reuse draw points as many times as you like. Each time you draw, you will get a random number of magic spells. That number does not count for anything, it is the act of drawing magic from the draw point that counts. So if you draw 7 Blizzards and then draw 4 Cures, you have drawn TWO times from draw points.

It is the same for Magician, you must draw 100 times from enemies. The total number of magic you get per draw has nothing to do with either trophy. You could them both out super early or just play naturally. There is no certain point you must be at to earn these trophies.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Magic Miner is for drawing magic from draw points, which are the pink lights coming from the ground (they will become blue when you have pulled the magic from that spot and it has not replenished itself yet). You must draw 100 times from these points and does not have to be the same one. Any draw point will count towards the counter and you can even reuse draw points as many times as you like. Each time you draw, you will get a random number of magic spells. That number does not count for anything, it is the act of drawing magic from the draw point that counts. So if you draw 7 Blizzards and then draw 4 Cures, you have drawn TWO times from draw points.

It is the same for Magician, you must draw 100 times from enemies. The total number of magic you get per draw has nothing to do with either trophy. You could them both out super early or just play naturally. There is no certain point you must be at to earn these trophies.

Oh ok i get it ! That explain a lot ^^

6 hours ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Oh ok i get it ! That explain a lot ^^

I am glad I could help. Please check out the guide and if you have any questions or concerns, ask away. FFVIII is complicated and there is a lot going on, some of it doesn't line up with the trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9585-final-fantasy-viii

• 7 months later...

100 times not 100 of a magic. Also the amount you draw is based on a chars magic stat so less magic more draws to max out a stack making it easier to get to 100 TOTAL DRAWS.

So after you have this trophy go to the ultima draw point and use a char with high magic stat to draw then exchange it to someone else till you have 3 stacks of 100.