No Multiplayer Mode Faction - The Last Of Us Part 2

DarkLordSHTR

On 9/26/2019 at 0:19 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

Sadly I never touched the mp of TLOU, wonder if it was any good. Kinda curious what its like now. Was there the infected on the mp too or just the typical I shoot you you shoot me gameplay. Maybe ill finally test it out next month when its free on plus with everybody else!

If it was any good kinda bummer its removed for part 2. Could see the pain in a trophy hunter standpoint though. But for someone who just enjoys the game, thatll suck I guess...

No infected on the map. The 2 main modes are supply raid, where your team gets "X" amount of lives (TDM pretty much), and Survivors where each player gets one life each round and you have to take out the other team. Best 3/5 win.

However, the reason why I liked it is because it requires a lot of cooperation to win and you didn't need to be good at shooters to be good at the game or contribute to the team. You can go to certain locations to collect supplies and use them to craft weapons or med kits. You could also use abilities to gift items to others or to bandage someone up. You essentially make your own playstyle. 

Your health doesn't regenerate, and you can't lone wolf it or you'll likely be mobbed unless you sneak. Only 4 people per team so it's never as hectic as uncharted multiplayer. However, if you do well getting items and helping the team, you can get a special weapon that can turn the tide of a match such as a shotgun, specialized pistols, or rifles.

Some people love it, others hate it, but if you are going to play the SP, you might as well give the MP a try. It's different than most 3rd person multiplayer experiences.

OT: Obviously, I hope we get some multiplayer as I enjoyed the first one and can't wait to play it again on PS4.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Story is generic when it comes to zombie media. The story would have been actually interesting if ellie actually gets to sacrifice herself for the greater good. I hated Ellie, only characters I liked were Bill and Joel. There's too many fights with humans and bandits, that is so boring in every zombie game when I want to fight mainly zombies

Lol seriously? You can’t be serious? One of the best stories in a game ever and you call it generic. Uh no, It’s interesting because Joel made a selfish decision, instead of being the hero and sacrificing someone he loves. Clearly you just don’t get it. How did you hate Ellie? My god you have to be trolling. Lol it’s not a “zombie game” for one. It’s about surviving in a world like this, of course you’re gonna be fighting bandits, the infected aren’t gonna be the only threat. What a joke your whole argument is.

1 hour ago, dakk55 said:

Hope this means they would focus more on the SP aspects. I loved TLOU, but I had to boost the MP trophies and I felt that an MP feature in a heavily story-based game was unneccessary.

That’s exactly the reason they cut it actually, it’s way to ambitious to be working on a multiplayer at the same time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol seriously? You can’t be serious? One of the best stories in a game ever and you call it generic. Uh no, It’s interesting because Joel made a selfish decision, instead of being the hero and sacrificing someone he loves. Clearly you just don’t get it. How did you hate Ellie? My god you have to be trolling. Lol it’s not a “zombie game” for one. It’s about surviving in a world like this, of course you’re gonna be fighting bandits, the infected aren’t gonna be the only threat. What a joke your whole argument is.

You're a textbook example of gatekeeping. Yes, people dislike games, even if those games are largelly considered "the best of". No, having unpopular opinion doesn't makes their opinion "a joke" and their behavior "trolling". Stop being such an closed-minded person and understand that we're different and our differences don't make us worse as you're implying.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Varhur said:

You're a textbook example of gatekeeping. Yes, people dislike games, even if those games are largelly considered "the best of". No, having unpopular opinion doesn't makes their opinion "a joke" and their behavior "trolling". Stop being such an closed-minded person and understand that we're different and our differences don't make us worse as you're implying.

Nothing wrong with “gatekeeping”. I get that others have opinions, I just don’t think every opinion is equal.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

I heard that they will be making a standalone version of the MP aspect of this game.

Here is my wishlist

Because it's standalone and set in the LOU universe without being story driven i hope it is multiplatform as this would bring non Playstation players into the world of the LOU. I know sony recently stated that it would be investing in PC games a bit more and think this would be a stand out game to go to PC and keep TLOU part 2 a PS exclusive.

Hopefully it will be a free to play also that would be fantastic, i don't mind paying for cosmetic stuff if the game is F2P.

Maybe i am way of base but i can hope right....

On 9/27/2019 at 5:18 PM, chellesan said:

Best news no mp, easier to get the platinum 

On 9/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, B1rvine said:

Most of these comments indicate people celebrating the death of a truly unique and widely popular experience, simply because it makes their trophy hunting slightly more convenient.

Point proven. Lol.

Anyway, confirming a previous comment. It looks like it will be released at some point, as a separate game. Best of all worlds imo.

EFbwpPOWkAAvTcv.jpg

Edited by B1rvine

Unpopular opinion but i never found the SP that great in the game. I spent much more time in MP. It was different and enjoyable compared to the usual COD-Battlefield fiasco.

Will most likely skip the game now 100%.

Edit: Will have to see a much better gameplay video to see if my interest changes however. I didn't find the videos so far all that great... 

On 9/27/2019 at 1:30 PM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Single player game without a online mode tacked on. Great news.

It wasn't tacked on at all.

It was maybe the most innovative MP in a long time.. better than actual MP-centric games.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2019 at 8:06 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

That’s exactly the reason they cut it actually, it’s way to ambitious to be working on a multiplayer at the same time.

I've played through the game twice and also don't care for Ellie, Joel or any of the cast members or the story, it really is a playable netflix drama imo. It was technically a ground breaking game for it's time and fun to play, But %100 lol in the story department for me, sorry.

Probably no MP due to the amount of moaners who want their trophies all single player? Maybe they sacrificed to much time and money on the servers last time?  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I've played through the game twice and also don't care for Ellie, Joel or any of the cast members or the story, it really is a playable netflix drama imo. It was technically a ground breaking game for it's time and fun to play, But %100 lol in the story department for me, sorry.

Probably no MP due to the amount of moaners who want their trophies all single player? Maybe they sacrificed to much time and money on the servers last time?  

So, you played two times a game you found uninteresting? Fascinating

• Like 1

I hope it's a different game. Or at least no trophies or things Uncharted style to only play few matchs. It was such a chore compelting the Multiplayer for the First one, for me was one of the worst i ever played, and i Loved uncharted multiplayer instead! (Especially the 2Nd one was awesome) 

6 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Lol “playable Netflix drama”? That makes no sense, it’s just a game with a good story. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. When you say something like that you just sound ignorant. The reason they aren’t doing multiplayer was already clearly answered, the SP is too ambitious. As in their biggest game yet, ambitious.

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, you played two times a game you found uninteresting? Fascinating

He’s a bit of a troll.

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It seems that TLOU 2 will have multiplayer mode. Either that or they will make it standalone

https://twitter.com/NaughtyDogJobs

EJN0VshU8AA011B.jpg

It will be standalone. They’ve already said that.

5 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I hope it's a different game. Or at least no trophies or things Uncharted style to only play few matchs. It was such a chore compelting the Multiplayer for the First one, for me was one of the worst i ever played, and i Loved uncharted multiplayer instead! (Especially the 2Nd one was awesome) 

Well, it’s gotta play a little bit like Last Of Us, Seeing as that’s the foundation and Uncharted always took then singleplayer Controls into the MP.

18 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol “playable Netflix drama”? That makes no sense, it’s just a game with a good story. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. When you say something like that you just sound ignorant. The reason they aren’t doing multiplayer was already clearly answered, the SP is too ambitious. As in their biggest game yet, ambitious.

He’s a bit of a troll.

It will be standalone. They’ve already said that.

Well, it’s gotta play a little bit like Last Of Us, Seeing as that’s the foundation and Uncharted always took then singleplayer Controls into the MP.

The fact you're shoving your opinions down our throats while not respecting ours makes you look like the ignorant one, but hey who am I to say anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

Just now, EcoShifter said:

A bit of irony here. There's nothing hard about understanding why someone can dislike TLOU's campaign, especially since the actual story is not interesting to any capacity. (The narrative is solid enough but the actual story is weak and uninspiring.) It doesn't boil down to only being insane or trolling,

/s stands for sarcasm

• Like 1