No Multiplayer Mode Faction - The Last Of Us Part 2

DarkLordSHTR

4 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

There actually will be MP it'll be it's own standalone game with a dedicated team :)

Also a good mate of mine, shared me some footage of it and it's looking great tbh I am so keen! 
Factions is life!

Is it out tonight or?

If the first game was 8-10 hours long and it had 17 multiplayer maps, how many multiplayer maps do you think we'll get with a 30-40 hour game? A lot...plus they could always revamp/remaster some of the maps from TLOU and include them in like they did for Uncharted 4. Just imagine that there could be a stand alone multiplayer game (Or added for the remastered version on the PS5) coming with over 30 different maps. Just get rid of the burst rifle (or fix it so it takes 5 shots as intended), shooting through walls and crab walking. 

• 11 months later...

Apologies for necroing an old thread but reading through it, I'm still not sure about one thing: it looks like TLOU2 multiplayer will be a completely separate game which I assume also means that it will have its own trophy list outside of TLOU2. Has this been confirmed anywhere, or are we just guessing based on available info?

The last thing I want is for the multiplayer trophies to get added to the list as DLCs since I really don't care about MP in games generally so would like to have a confirmation before committing my time to the game.

10 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

Apologies for necroing an old thread but reading through it, I'm still not sure about one thing: it looks like TLOU2 multiplayer will be a completely separate game which I assume also means that it will have its own trophy list outside of TLOU2. Has this been confirmed anywhere, or are we just guessing based on available info?

The last thing I want is for the multiplayer trophies to get added to the list as DLCs since I really don't care about MP in games generally so would like to have a confirmation before committing my time to the game.

nobody knows so we are just guessing and honestly we haven't heard anything about this multiplayer game since TLOU2 came out last year so who knows what's going on with it, you'll just have to wait and see what happens with it.

Somehow TLOU mtiplayer is the game/mode I have sank more time in the recent years. On PS4 alone 350 hours. And probably the same ammount or more on PS3. I even got every multiplayer DLC trophy without even going for them. I was very annoyed when they announced that the game was not going to come out with a multiplayer "on release" but they worded it hinting that it was still coming at a later date. A whopping year later and we don't even have news ?

I feel like the whole multiplayer thing was scrapped altogether and they decided to leave us on the dark and eventually forget about it. Feels sad man :(

Just a quick update on this: I just noticed today that Naughty Dog posted a new open position for multiplayer Level / Environment Designer which specifically mentions a standalone product:

"For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.

Embark on Naughty Dog’s newest adventure – the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game! We’re seeking to bring the same level of ambition and quality of our signature, story-driven games to this unique multiplayer project. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft an experience that will be enjoyed and shared by millions of players around the world.

Our level design process is based around giving the designer the maximum amount of control and flexibility over the design of the space: rather than assembling prefabs, our level designers model directly in 3D. If you're someone who can create realistic spaces with strong identity and compelling gameplay, we would love to talk to you!"

So unless there's a completely new MP project they're working on unrelated to TLOU2, this is most likely going to be a separate game with a separate trophy list.

Source: https://www.naughtydog.com/greenhouse/job/3202914?gh_jid=3202914

18 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

Just a quick update on this: I just noticed today that Naughty Dog posted a new open position for multiplayer Level / Environment Designer which specifically mentions a standalone product:

"For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.

Embark on Naughty Dog’s newest adventure – the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game! We’re seeking to bring the same level of ambition and quality of our signature, story-driven games to this unique multiplayer project. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft an experience that will be enjoyed and shared by millions of players around the world.

Our level design process is based around giving the designer the maximum amount of control and flexibility over the design of the space: rather than assembling prefabs, our level designers model directly in 3D. If you're someone who can create realistic spaces with strong identity and compelling gameplay, we would love to talk to you!"

So unless there's a completely new MP project they're working on unrelated to TLOU2, this is most likely going to be a separate game with a separate trophy list.

Source: https://www.naughtydog.com/greenhouse/job/3202914?gh_jid=3202914

As long as they don't add new mp trophies to TLOU 2  and still keep the plan to make it a stand alone game will be awsome. 

46 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

As long as they don't add new mp trophies to TLOU 2  and still keep the plan to make it a stand alone game will be awsome. 

I heard that there was a merger in the works between Funcom and Naughty Dog, and that all trophies from TLoU2 multiplayer stand alone to come would directly be added to the Conan Exiles trophy list for best player experience.

• Like 4

On 9.6.2021 at 7:02 PM, KennethMcCormick said:

I heard that there was a merger in the works between Funcom and Naughty Dog, and that all trophies from TLoU2 multiplayer stand alone to come would directly be added to the Conan Exiles trophy list for best player experience.

That makes no sense