Is it worth starting multiplayer in 2019

timpurnat

I missed a chance to get mp trophies on a few ps3 games now so I want to get this one out of the way before is too late. Can you tell me if it's even worth starting it now, I can easily get a group but I just want to know how much time would it take to get all online trophies+dlc and how hard it is to actually boost everything once I have a group. Also can someone confirm that I would get all dlc if I buy Ultimate rapture edition(physical).

• Like 2

Multiplayer is activ in only one mode TDM. But if you get group of friends then you can play all modes easily. And boosting to rank 50 is boring and takes around 25 hours.I recommend buying digital version from store. It's very often on sale and you have all DLC in that version as well.Physical edition don't have all DLCs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adrian1985_ said:

Good luck with multiplayer trophies,game is amazing and multiplayer is fun to play with friends.

Thanks?,Yeah I recently boosted crysis 3 and I meet great people and I had a blast doing it, some asked if I want to boost bioshock so I just wanted to double check how doable is the mp stuff lol

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

I'm wondering how long the servers for this game will still be up. What do you guys think? I'm curious if we have to hurry up on this or if the servers are supposed to run for ages 

I think we still have like a year or two, but they will slowly start to shutdown all ps3 games

On 9/26/2019 at 1:43 PM, timpurnat said:

I missed a chance to get mp trophies on a few ps3 games now so I want to get this one out of the way before is too late. Can you tell me if it's even worth starting it now, I can easily get a group but I just want to know how much time would it take to get all online trophies+dlc and how hard it is to actually boost everything once I have a group. Also can someone confirm that I would get all dlc if I buy Ultimate rapture edition(physical).

Hey Tim, even though you’ve already received plenty of insight I thought I’d chip in with my opinion as well. The multiplayer is 100% doable with little to no hassle nowadays...without any breaks I got through the multiplayer trophy requirements in less than a day. With alts the trophies become a lot easier but most randoms I ran into were more than happy to boost together. Some veterans will purposely try to mess up your boosting, but it’s not as bad as it used to be imo. All in all, totally worth going for the trophies. 

3 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Does nay of the DLC require extensive MP play?

One of the DLCs add an extra 10 levels to multiplayer, so it’ll require a bit more boosting time. As far as the multiplayer DLC maps go, you’re going to want to band together with others who also own them and take turns winning; shouldn’t take too long if everyone knows what they’re doing. The hard part is actually finding people with the maps. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Ultimate Rapture Edition (physical copy) as it has all BioShock 2 DLC and I’m sure you can install the files on multiple PS3s if you have alts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Hey Tim, even though you’ve already received plenty of insight I thought I’d chip in with my opinion as well. The multiplayer is 100% doable with little to no hassle nowadays...without any breaks I got through the multiplayer trophy requirements in less than a day. With alts the trophies become a lot easier but most randoms I ran into were more than happy to boost together. Some veterans will purposely try to mess up your boosting, but it’s not as bad as it used to be imo. All in all, totally worth going for the trophies. 

Thanks, I don't mind getting more info lol. I'll go for it after I finish with other ps3 games. We aslo had problems with randoms on crysis 3, they completely destroyed us lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Thanks, I don't mind getting more info lol. I'll go for it after I finish with other ps3 games. We aslo had problems with randoms on crysis 3, they completely destroyed us lol

Anytime! And yeah the same thing happened to a lot of people right before the Twisted Metal server shutdown...I thankfully had enough alts to avoid all the nonsense ?

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:09 PM, Adrian1985_ said:

Multiplayer is activ in only one mode TDM. But if you get group of friends then you can play all modes easily. And boosting to rank 50 is boring and takes around 25 hours.I recommend buying digital version from store. It's very often on sale and you have all DLC in that version as well.Physical edition don't have all DLCs.

Ultimate rapture is cheap and contains dlc for Bioshock 1 and 2.

As for the mp, I started boosting mid summer, it took me a month to get to level 50, just because it was hard to gather a party for longer than one hour. If you have a second console you can cut the boost by a half by boosting on vending machines. If not, its around 25/30 hours including DLC trophies. Easy, just time consuming.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Ultimate rapture is cheap and contains dlc for Bioshock 1 and 2.

As for the mp, I started boosting mid summer, it took me a month to get to level 50, just because it was hard to gather a party for longer than one hour. If you have a second console you can cut the boost by a half by boosting on vending machines. If not, its around 25/30 hours including DLC trophies. Easy, just time consuming.

So I can get to lvl50 by myself with 2 consoles? I have ps now which has bioshock lol

Maybe I'll do that and then I'll boost just dlc trophies

9 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

So I can get to lvl50 by myself with 2 consoles? I have ps now which has bioshock lol

Maybe I'll do that and then I'll boost just dlc trophies

No, you need 4 players to start a lobby in ADAM GRAB game, which is preferable for boosters. But you can only boost when there are 4 or 6 players, if there's only 5 of you, one will be behind since only 2 players can hack a turret at the same time. When I boosted, due to the time zone differences, it was usually just 3 of us, so I'd start up my 2nd console and boost on my own, and they would boost together.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know have any idea how long it would take me to get these MP trophies now? I started a new account for trophies a couple of years back and began playing the MP of Bioshock 2 but put it down as I didn’t want to invest a lot of time playing solo to get the trophies. I picked it up again today, I was level 2 when I stopped playing had a few matches tonight and nearly level 4. 

How long would it take me to get to level 40? I just have the bog standard physical edition of Bioshock. Also need capture a sister trophy and play all maps (but I am guessing the latter would come naturally). Thanks. 

5 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

Does anyone know have any idea how long it would take me to get these MP trophies now? I started a new account for trophies a couple of years back and began playing the MP of Bioshock 2 but put it down as I didn’t want to invest a lot of time playing solo to get the trophies. I picked it up again today, I was level 2 when I stopped playing had a few matches tonight and nearly level 4. 

How long would it take me to get to level 40? I just have the bog standard physical edition of Bioshock. Also need capture a sister trophy and play all maps (but I am guessing the latter would come naturally). Thanks. 

To level 40 should take only ~15h. But the boosting method is very tedious and requires a lot of clicking. if you want to do the DLC (level 50) add ~7 hours.

I started mine in april 2020 and got 100% on the same month, so it's very doable. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ZaniZanRamy said:

To level 40 should take only ~15h. But the boosting method is very tedious and requires a lot of clicking. if you want to do the DLC (level 50) add ~7 hours.

I started mine in april 2020 and got 100% on the same month, so it's very doable. 

Thanks man I think I’ll leave it then as I haven’t got the DLC so the game would never be 100%! 

I’ll just do it with the other Bioschocks in the remaster I picked up from ps+. 

Edit: I’ve threw my name into the session that is open at the minute, will see how much I can do. 

Edited by lynx_1985

• 1 year later...

Still playable and doable in 2021?  I'm thinking of going back to this game....again.  I only have one online trophy left (reach level 40) for the platinum and I was wondering if the servers are still up and if it is still achievable.  Thank you.