The future of trophy hunting

Hunter777Merritt

I don’t know if this is the wrong section so if it is, please tell me. What are your thoughts on the future of trophy hunting. In 30 years, what will it be like? Will this community still be a thing? Maybe PlayStation won’t be a thing. I’ll be 45 in 30 years and I hope to still be trophy hunting. 

If something bad were to happen, what would you guys do. Say something did happen, for example, PlayStation going out of business or a rich person buying them out. This is kind of a question towards the people like Hakoom to be honest. Well you can still answer it I guess, but people who have spent mega bucks on trophy hunting. I personally only get a few games every Christmas and probably one for my birthday. But for those people who literally drop hundreds a month on games, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I hope trophy hunting is a thing still. I don’t know how I got into it, but all I know is I’m addicted and obsessed. Thank you for reading and please share below.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunter777Merritt said:

68 with 375 platinums and you don’t care

That's a reflection of my gaming habits, yes, but trophies are relatively new to a hobby I've had most of my life. If trophies disappeared, I'd still play everything I could get my hands on.

• Like 1

Archivement system come to stay with us, not only we need to talk about Playstation, Steam, Xbox and even some great games with millions of player like World of Warcraft has archivement system integrated, so think about a possibility of trophy or archivement could disappear tomorrow is, in my opinion, something very hard more when Playstation was one of the first in put a archivement system. Maybe trophy system could change in the following years... maybe instead of trophy could be medal or Playstation could do a re-build of the entire system in order to improve it or they could increase the amount of point per game or maybe decrease it as well, but remove trophy? I don't think so.

Edited by AlchemistWer
  • Like 3

I don’t know about the long term, but in the short term (coming years) I think we’ll continue to see the hobby of trophy hunting degraded or diluted with more games pandering to trophy whores for financial profit. Having a lot of trophies or platinums will lose any kind of prestige it might already have as it becomes easier and easier.

I don’t mean to sound so bitter about that either, but in the last few years we’ve seen a growing trend of companies like Ratalaika Games releasing 10 minute platinums that can be stacked in 6 different regions, and with Sony seemingly having a really low bar for what constitutes a game worthy of a platinum trophy I think this will only get worse, as these games have proven to be super popular among trophy hunters (and to be honest, essential for those who are competitive trophy hunters and playing for leaderboard ranks).

I see this having little effect on casuals/the average trophy hunters like myself who only play quality games they love or find interesting. We will probably just keep doing what we do, will the top ranked players will exhaust themselves repeatedly stacking the latest garbage that came out that week. But all in all, I see the same machine chugging along at a steady pace ?

Many of us will probably we gone in 30 years though. I’d like to think I’ll still be playing games at 50 or 60, maybe sitting down with the kids or grandkids, but realistically I’m not sure lol.

I bet Hakoom will still be going strong though and will probably have about 57,000 platinums by then ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

I think trophy hunting will still be there, it has been around years and I don't see why they would remove it. I think there could be some new features in the future and I think trophies for games are getting generally easier, but the concept of trophy hunting will likely remain the same. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 6:16 AM, Hunter777Merritt said:

I don’t know if this is the wrong section so if it is, please tell me. What are your thoughts on the future of trophy hunting. In 30 years, what will it be like? Will this community still be a thing? Maybe PlayStation won’t be a thing. I’ll be 45 in 30 years and I hope to still be trophy hunting. 

If something bad were to happen, what would you guys do. Say something did happen, for example, PlayStation going out of business or a rich person buying them out. This is kind of a question towards the people like Hakoom to be honest. Well you can still answer it I guess, but people who have spent mega bucks on trophy hunting. I personally only get a few games every Christmas and probably one for my birthday. But for those people who literally drop hundreds a month on games, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I hope trophy hunting is a thing still. I don’t know how I got into it, but all I know is I’m addicted and obsessed. Thank you for reading and please share below.

i will make a thread about this soon regarding my future with trophy hunting and whats next for hakoom ;)

just wait abit

• Like 3

Trophies are good for business. It will change and evolve over time but some progression/achievement system will be in place in the future as long as gaming is around. Leaderboards, top scores, 100% completion, and in-game challenges have always been around in some form. Trophies were the next step in the evolutionary process of gaming. If it changes, I can always change my psnprofile name. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...