Mafia 1 Remake & Mafia 2 Remastered Coming (19 May 2020 / 25 September 2020) - Mafia 4 May be Coming

2 hours ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

And i really HOPE that if Mafia IV happens its going to be that the rumored 70's Las Vegas setting.

Is it likely they would use the old pre-production Hanger 13 did? Would Hanger 13 even be the developers this time around? This franchise has bounced between studios before.

Edited by bikeman223

I bought Mafia 2 as a used copy 4 years ago in gamestop and since then it's waiting in my closet to be played. Also own Mafia 3 because of PS+. But I wanted to play Mafia 2 before Mafia 3. Heard good things about the second one. Know I'm thinking about maybe waiting even longer, since I don't own the DLC anyway.

Mafia II is one of my favourite games ever so I would happily play it again. However I'll be damned if I'm gonna do the explorer trophy again for driving 1,000 miles. If it does get remastered then let's hope they either remove that particular dlc trophy or change the requirements for it to 100 miles instead.

• Like 3

I have super fond memories of Mafia 2 back when it first came out. It was the first game I ever looked at a trophy guide for too so it makes it extra nostalgic to see it possibly getting a remaster. I have Mafia 3 but haven't played it yet.

If the rumours are true, i'm hyped to play all three games. I know remakes and remasters are a bit of a 'love them or hate them' kinda thing, I very much fall into the love them category. Especially if they are done with care and passion.

I don’t see why they would remaster these games. The original mafia came out so long ago, playing it today would probably be alien. I’m making assumptions as I have never played it. I really liked mafia II but who’s asking for a remaster of these games? I don’t find this series particularly popular among the masses and mafia III was highly criticized for its gameplay loop. That’s just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aceboy9 said:

I don’t see why they would remaster these games. The original mafia came out so long ago, playing it today would probably be alien. I’m making assumptions as I have never played it. I really liked mafia II but who’s asking for a remaster of these games? I don’t find this series particularly popular among the masses and mafia III was highly criticized for its gameplay loop. That’s just my opinion. 

I don't think it's a case of who's asking - i just think remastering is easier and cheaper to do now in general. And if Mafia 4 is truly coming, it is an effective part of a marketing campaign. It might even be a pre-order thing - 'Pre-order Mafia 4 and get a remaster of 1 & 2 for free' etc. It's as much as a nostalgic experience as a marketing tool nowadays.

25 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I don't think it's a case of who's asking - i just think remastering is easier and cheaper to do now in general. And if Mafia 4 is truly coming, it is an effective part of a marketing campaign. It might even be a pre-order thing - 'Pre-order Mafia 4 and get a remaster of 1 & 2 for free' etc. It's as much as a nostalgic experience as a marketing tool nowadays.

Yeah good point there. 

Cool, I haven't played the original in almost 15 years, never got around to any of the others

Hopefully it's the PC version they port too, as the console versions were quite inferior

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Mafia II is one of my favourite games ever so I would happily play it again. However I'll be damned if I'm gonna do the explorer trophy again for driving 1,000 miles. If it does get remastered then let's hope they either remove that particular dlc trophy or change the requirements for it to 100 miles instead.

There's an easy way for this trophy.
So at least it's easier than the normal way.