DarkLordSHTR

Mafia 1 Remake & Mafia 2 Remastered Coming (19 May 2020 / 25 September 2020) - Mafia 4 May be Coming

225 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, ziggypossum said:

Vavra is a cry-baby, similar case to Sapkowski. Of course he didn't get paid for remasters and nobody asked him anything. He has no licenses/rights. He walked away from the original project the moment he was done with it.

Yeah that reaction is understandable, but give absolutely 0 information about the product.

One thing that i completely ignored, but is very interesting: The product information on the microsoft store mentioned, that you get access to various clothing and weapons from one title in another. For example you get tommy's Colt 1911 in Mafia 2 +3 but more important: You get vitos jacket in Mafia 1 +3. That means we will have customization in Mafia 1, which wasn't featured in the original version. You always had to stick with the suit, the coat and hat or any other outfit, that came with the mission automatically. I'm really curious what they added and might removed in mafia 1 and really hope, that they didn't mess it up.

I bother only playing the first one, my first open world game on pc, the fantastic story, the characters, Tommy Angelo,  the hilarious yet difficult mode to obtain all the crazy cars, .... damn nostalgia!

According to the latest information, the game will be a remake not remastered.

Source

If I remember correctly, some of the challenges in Mafia 1 are notoriously hard. I remember there's one challenge you need to chase a plane on a race car. And the traffic doesn't yield. One collision then it is done. The worse is that you WILL be pulled over for speeding if cops are around. So you have to pray that the traffic is light and no police spawned on the way....

A Mafia remake was pretty much needed. The PS2 version of the original Mafia was met with bad reviews. Never played the first game, so I'm actually looking forward to a new game for once, which is a miracle these days.

Yes it was. That was literally my most wanted console game for over 10 years. 

Btw: Since the Microsoft Store already leaked the release date of the mafia 2 remaster. They could also add the achievementlist to the servers. Want to see if it stays completely the same :D

~US$65, ~60€

Fair enough, imho.

Did someone already buy it and checked the trophies?

Ok Trophies are the same. DLC trophies as well. Still including the 1000 mile trophy in jimmy's vendetta. Hopefully the out of bounds glitch still works...

Is Mafia 2 a remake as well, or just simply a remaster?

8 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Ok Trophies are the same. DLC trophies as well. Still including the 1000 mile trophy in jimmy's vendetta. Hopefully the out of bounds glitch still works...

I did it legit and it wasn't that bad. Played twice through the DLC story and drove the big highway round for a few hours every day. After five days it was done.

2 hours ago, woggly4 said:

~US$65, ~60€

Fair enough, imho.

Is 99 for just Mafia 2?

3 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Is 99 for just Mafia 2?

99 austrailian dollars (around 60-65 US dollars / Euros) for all three games or 50 for mafia 2 or 3 seperately

30 minutes ago, talespagni said:

Is Mafia 2 a remake as well, or just simply a remaster?

just a remaster. Mafia 1 is a remake

I'm so excited to play Mafia II again, and get to play Mafia I for the first time 🥰

The 1000 miles trophy is back? Oh welp...

I'm currently streaming Mafia 2 Definitive Edition: 

44 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

The 1000 miles trophy is back? Oh welp...

The glitch still works in the PS4 Version. So the trophy is not too bad.

Oh man 99 aud for all 3 and 50 aud for just Mafia 2? Any idea what the Mafia 1 remastered would be? I have an Australian account but that seems a bit steep since I really don't want to pay for Mafia 3 again which I hated so much that I didn't even bother platinuming. If Mafia 1 is 50 as well then might as well get the trilogy

Posted (edited)

I have Mafia III on going, the one last walkthrough including all DLC. Did it intentionally to make a third one a little more interesting. The question is, it has a separate list and saves, or I will have to start it all over again? Mean specifically statistics that carries with a standard edition walkthroughs.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

Does Mafia II Remastered have platinum + DLCs or only one long list?

Anyone know if PS3/4 versions of Mafia II will share a list of be separate? 

4 minutes ago, Brainwatched said:

Anyone know if PS3/4 versions of Mafia II will share a list of be separate? 

They have seperate lists, i already own mafia 2. Would be more interesting to know if mafia 3 has its own list, but i doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Rodrister said:

Does Mafia II Remastered have platinum + DLCs or only one long list?

Same as ps3. Platinum + 2 dlcs

Funny enough, guys reporting glitches, frame rate drops and other garbage in Mafia II, so sad news...

6 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

The glitch still works in the PS4 Version. So the trophy is not too bad.

Good news! Or is it actually... Aren't they supposed to fix glitches in remasters? Anyway, I'm not gonna complain about that one.

They could have at least made every mile driven across the main game and all others DLCs count towards the trophy.