Mafia 1 Remake & Mafia 2 Remastered Coming (19 May 2020 / 25 September 2020) - Mafia 4 May be Coming

1 hour ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

There's an easy way for this trophy.
So at least it's easier than the normal way.

The 'drive through the store front and free fall through the map' glitch? Yup, did it for about 80% of the trophy and it was still a huge grind, probably one of the worst grinds ever imo. The trophy is an UR because it's so grindy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

The 'drive through the store front and free fall through the map' glitch? Yup, did it for about 80% of the trophy and it was still a huge grind, probably one of the worst grinds ever imo. The trophy is an UR because it's so grindy. 

Yea I mean falling for several hours and still having to use the controller some or it'll pause is still horrible might aswell just drive it lol 

33 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I hope this error happens on PS4 as well.

9 hours ago, demonoutcast said:

Image result for tommy angelo mafia 1 gun

Oh yeah, Tommy is back, he was my hero in childhood, after Tanner 'course. Die to see the remaster, even more than something else. Jazz times on the second of August of unknown year, I'm all your!

I'd recommend to people unfamiliar to training some driving skills, as I hope that very hard mission will be there. Damn, developers even reduced the difficulty there through patch. 

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The original Mafia is going to look rather dated by today's standards considering how old that game is. Even Mafia II looks rather clunky despite me really enjoying the story.

I definitely do not want to drive 1000 miles again. That trophy was just thrown in there to pad the game, in a DLC pack that wasn't that great to begin with.

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The original Mafia is going to look rather dated by today's standards considering how old that game is. Even Mafia II looks rather clunky despite me really enjoying the story.

That's why remake would be good. Mafia 1 aged well and it's still enjoyable today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Give me a LA Noire sequel or prequel.

Great game LA Noire and it's $10 at my local target right now. I think I'm a little more nostalgic with these remasters though and like the ps2/xb era more the ps3/360, Imo it's too soon for these.

• Like 1

I'd be down for a Mafia 4, but it's not something I'm clamoring for. 

I never played the original. And didn't play the second game until last year...so while I thought the story was good, the gameplay was very flat to me, mainly because open world mechanics have improved so much by the time I played it. And Mafia III I played earlier this year. Another great story...but it lacked even more in the gameplay and structuring department...it was just the same repetitive task over and over. 

So it's one of those things, where I think the Mafia games have very strong stories, and well rounded characters, so in that regard I'm interested to see what they would do with 4...but they need to do something about the gameplay, It's the one thing I think holds it back from being the major heavy hitter the series could be. 

As for remasters...I'd probably get the first one, just to say I've played it. But I don't have much desire to replay 2. 

One and two (especially one) are masterpieces. Mafia is my favorite game of all time and mafia 2 was one of the best games of 2010 (very strong year with rdr, mafia2, heavy rain, bfbc2 and cod black ops). People seem to make the mistake and treat the game as an open world game like gta. Its not. its a linear story driven experience but the developers made the mistake and expended the open world more and more. Mafia 1 had almost no classic interaction besides from running into random npcs or drive through the world by car or by train.

Mafia 2 had the same thing and they added stores for clothing, guns and car tuning. Also there was the possibility of delivering cars as mini sidemissions.

Mafia 3 was a classic open world game but had the weakest character and weakest story. They added a bunch of sidemissions which felt very repititive and were a pain in the ass when you had to play through the game several times.

Mafia 1 was also a great game when it comes to moral perspective. The whole story is told by the protagonist and you "replay" his life. In cutscenes he is commenting the actions from time to time and you can clearly see that he is reflecting his actions and knows that he got on the wrong path. He was forced to join the mafia and he doesnt feel comfortable all the time. Thats a clear difference to mafia 3. This story is full of hatred. Mafia 1 has influenced my whole mind when it comes to storytelling. Everyone who hasnt played the game should go and play it. I recommend the pc version because its still enjoyable from a technical perspective. The console version (played ps2 version) is way worse, even though it was released 2 years after the pc version.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I bought this about 4 years ago and still haven't played this game. 1f605.png

Same.  Actually probably even longer ago.  Really hard to go back to the PS3 at this point.

2 hours ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

That is right. It is coming for Nintendo 3DS and PSP GO.

?

2 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

I hope he will be release soon.

And also this topic has been discussed before.

Ah, thanks for the link.  I did a quick search and did not see anything.  Sad thing is that I posted in that thread and do not remember it!  I think it was a more of a rumor back then and getting more traction now.  Quite a few articles about it today with the ratings approval applied for.

Edited by djb5f

Korea Game Rating and Board rated Mafia II: Definitive Edition.

Source

On 27.09.2019 at 3:37 PM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Mafia 2 Remastered coming

Source 1

Source 2

Mafia-2-PS4.jpg

Take-Two Interactive, the publisher of the game, It was registered  3 different Mafia games. The date on the documents is August 2. The biggest point is that the logos of the games are on the top of the document. One of the logos on the documents is Mafia 1 and the other one is Mafia 2.

I'm particularly excited for Mafia 2.
a13e5481-0485-480f-8f88-63647b559200.jpg

ee58a0be-afcc-46e4-a155-f3fbee550d0a.jpg

Source

The subject has been updated.

• Like 2