Mafia 1 Remake & Mafia 2 Remastered Coming (19 May 2020 / 25 September 2020) - Mafia 4 May be Coming

1 minute ago, AfraidOfTheFolly said:

Well this is the kick I need to go back and get the Plat for Mafia 3.

Only done the one play through so far. Would be nice to go back and play 1 & 2 as I've never played them.

You should definitely do it. 3 was very inferior compared to the first two.Mafia 1 is my favorite game of all time. 

• Like 1

On 27.09.2019 at 3:37 PM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Mafia 2 Definitive Edition Remastered coming

Source 1

Source 2

Mafia-2-PS4.jpg

Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition rated for PS4, Xbox One, and PC in Taiwan

Source

Take-Two Interactive, the publisher of the game, It was registered  3 different Mafia games. The date on the documents is August 2. The biggest point is that the logos of the games are on the top of the document. One of the logos on the documents is Mafia 1 and the other one is Mafia 2.

I'm particularly excited for Mafia 2.
a13e5481-0485-480f-8f88-63647b559200.jpg

ee58a0be-afcc-46e4-a155-f3fbee550d0a.jpg

Source

Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition rated for PS4, Xbox One, and PC in Taiwan

Mafia-Ratings_04-06-20.jpg

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated Mafia II: Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, as well as Mafia III: Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

The news comes following a rating for Mafia II Definitive Edition for unspecified platforms by the Korea Game Rating and Administration Committee on April 4.

In related news, developer Thing Trunk’s Book of Demons was also rated for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch under the publishing of 505 Games. It first launched for PC via Steam in December 2018.

Source

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westersburg said:

You should definitely do it. 3 was very inferior compared to the first two.Mafia 1 is my favorite game of all time. 

Thanks for the tip I will definitely check it out.

I loved the story of 3 but game play was so meh. I probably wouldn't have played it if it wasn't a plus game. Speaks volumes to the quality of the writing and characters that it got me through 30 hours of go here, kill them, repeat.

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

Why the hell should they remaster the third game. That makes no sense. It wasn't received well and it is already a current gen title.

In the case of Mafia 3 "Definitive Edition" is most likely just the game with all of the DLC packed in, not necessarily a remaster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majob said:

In the case of Mafia 3 "Definitive Edition" is most likely just the game with all of the DLC packed in, not necessarily a remaster

I thought the same, but why would they need to re-rate it?

• 1 month later...

I'd love to play through Mafia II again as I loved that game so I'll definitely be getting it again. Still need to finish off the Joe's Adventure DLC for the 100% though.

I have to say the idea of doing the Explorer trophy all over again from the Jimmy's Vendetta DLC does fill me with dread. I had to rubber band my controller and leave my PS3 on overnight for two consecutive nights to pop that one :angry:

Never actually played the first game so definitely interested in finally checking that out if it does get remastered. Hopefully the difficulty of that racing track mission will be lowered somehow as I've heard it's really hard and borderline unplayable for many.

Probably wont bother with the Mafia III rerelease since it was on PS+ and I haven't even started it yet plus I picked up the season pass dirt cheap.